1L grade waiting thread Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
blurbz

Silver

Re: 1L grade waiting thread

Post by blurbz » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:03 am

MBZags wrote:UIUC people - did he e-mail you, or is your grade posted on Banner?

BTW, congrats Kilpatrick.
Same section and same grade as Kilpatrick in Ks...I'm excited...but also hoping it bodes well for the rest.... We'll see!

MBZags--he emailed us and invited us to email him. He said he turned grades in and got our name/exam number info so he could tell people early. Yeah, he's pretty badass.

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:12 am

blurbz wrote:
MBZags wrote:UIUC people - did he e-mail you, or is your grade posted on Banner?

Same section and same grade as Kilpatrick in Ks...I'm excited...but also hoping it bodes well for the rest.... We'll see!

MBZags--he emailed us and invited us to email him. He said he turned grades in and got our name/exam number info so he could tell people early. Yeah, he's pretty badass.
I don't even go to UIUC and I checked my email in response to this... Gah waiting

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:13 am

IAFG wrote:
blurbz wrote:

I don't even go to UIUC and I checked my email in response to this... Gah waiting
Yeah, I was about to check my grade system but then I remembered how much my Ks professor doesn't care about us.

Rand M.

Silver

Post by Rand M. » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:26 am

Stanford4Me wrote:
IAFG wrote:
blurbz wrote:

Yeah, I was about to check my grade system but then I remembered how much my Ks professor doesn't care about us.
Lol. I'm not even sure where they are going to put my grades. I'm pretty sure no one even mentioned the grade system yet. :evil: Jealous of the UIUC gang for the quick turnaround; that is nice.

Gamecubesupreme

Bronze

Post by Gamecubesupreme » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:44 am

Every day, I think of issues that I missed on the exam.

Sometimes I will even dream about things that I should have written.

I am going to have a nervous breakdown soon, I swear.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:46 am

Gamecubesupreme wrote:Every day, I think of issues that I missed on the exam.

Sounds like somebody needs to be doing a better job of keeping their BAC up to a respectable level.

evilxs

Bronze

Post by evilxs » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:51 am

Kilpatrick wrote:My Ks professor is crazy and finished grading already. I got an A!

I felt like shit after that exam too. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

Awesome freaking news!!!!! Congrats man, well deserved! :)

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:13 am

blurbz wrote:Same section and same grade as Kilpatrick in Ks...I'm excited...but also hoping it bodes well for the rest.... We'll see!
Grats dude.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

as stars burn

Silver

Post by as stars burn » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:23 am

lol, same here.

However, congrats to those at UIUC who got the A's in Ks. I'm definitely jealous though...I want a grade early and I want it to be an A :(

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:16 pm

I'm ashamed to admit this, but two nights ago I had a dream that made me realize I answered a question partially wrong w/ regard to the New Jersey standard for rape. It's nothing that would change anything major, I just realized it through a dream. How sad.

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:11 pm

our graded open memos are available for pickup. I am not on campus...and cant be on campus becuase I like so far away. ashdkjshads. I want my grade. considering calling the secretary and asking for it. obnoxious?

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:57 pm

Stanford4Me wrote:

I'm ashamed to admit this, but two nights ago I had a dream that made me realize I answered a question partially wrong w/ regard to the New Jersey standard for rape. It's nothing that would change anything major, I just realized it through a dream. How sad.
I have exam/outlining dreams like every night. It's horrifying.

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:06 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote:

same. the other day I had a semi-panic attack in my sleep because in the middle of a totally non-law school related dream I realized I did not mention non mutal issue preclusion...and how many points that would be worth...woke up from the panic and in a conscious state realized that the issue on the exam was claim preclusion not issue preclusion, thus non mutual was not even an issue.

they need to make law exams like the gre and basically just have ur score pop on the screen after youre done..which is impossible, but a girl can wish

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:21 pm

Stanford4Me wrote:

Welcome to the club. I've been having dreams like that. It's awful.
Last edited by keg411 on Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baylan

Bronze

Post by Baylan » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:21 pm

goosey wrote:our graded open memos are available for pickup. I am not on campus...and cant be on campus becuase I like so far away. ashdkjshads. I want my grade. considering calling the secretary and asking for it. obnoxious?
Getting the grade isn't gonna do anything for you, so... "meh."

Avoid it. DOn't worry about it til after your last exam.

Kobe_Teeth

Silver

Post by Kobe_Teeth » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:28 pm

A lot of the dialogue in my dreams has been replaced with random BLL. Rules from different classes are being used as a salutations and dinner conversations and the like. Its weird and annoying.

A friend and I both also complained of waking up in the morning and our mind is already in the middle of a law-related sentence.

But that has stopped since exams have been over. Yay.

PS... A- in LRW!

Merr

Bronze

Post by Merr » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:06 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote:

I have a re-occurring nightmare in which I fail Civ Pro because I have confused rule 23 class actions and rule 26 discovery. It is not rational at all, but it scares the crap out of me until I wake up.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

beast510

New

Post by beast510 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:09 pm

I felt like I did shit in almost every exam. Hopefully I don't have to drop out next semester. Plus it's such a pain in my ass that I don't know where the grades will be published...

happy187

Bronze

Post by happy187 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:09 pm

profs told us that we won't be getting grades at the soonest after the new year. waiting sux

sdlaw

New

Post by sdlaw » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:11 pm

danidancer wrote:Yes! Something else to obsess over! Our grades come back January 10, and with 3 finals down and 1 to go, I honestly wouldn't be surprised with straight As or straight Cs. Seriously, seriously, seriously hoping I'm not below median.

This x 10000000. This is the truest thing I've read since beginning law school. You can feel like you did well and come out with an A or a C depending on how you came out one issue or even subtler facts if the grading scale is especially tight. Just hoping I'm not below median is all I can hope for. Can't wait till this 1L year is done and my fate is sealed.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:18 pm

happy187 wrote:profs told us that we won't be getting grades at the soonest after the new year. waiting sux
We got an email from the school saying the soonest we will get grades is 1/3; after that it's 30 days after each final. Going to be a painfully slow January.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Kobe_Teeth

Silver

Post by Kobe_Teeth » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:21 pm

I think they wait that long so as to not ruin Christmas...

beach_terror

Platinum

Post by beach_terror » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:24 pm

keg411 wrote:
happy187 wrote:profs told us that we won't be getting grades at the soonest after the new year. waiting sux
We got an email from the school saying the soonest we will get grades is 1/3; after that it's 30 days after each final. Going to be a painfully slow January.
Grades here aren't even due until 1/14 - it'll probably be a solid week or two after that until we get them.

uzpakalis

Bronze

Post by uzpakalis » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:35 pm

Would you pay 60k for a JD from a mid tier 2 (graduating below median)?

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:41 pm

uzpakalis wrote:Would you pay 60k for a JD from a mid tier 2 (graduating below median)?
I'll let you know after I see my grades :lol:.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”