Doing the same hypo more than once

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
R4NDM H3RO

Doing the same hypo more than once

Postby R4NDM H3RO » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:40 pm

Is it bad doing the same problem two or three times? Or should you just do it once, figure out what you didn't do, and move on to a different fact pattern?

kswiss

Re: Doing the same hypo more than once

Postby kswiss » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:58 am

When I practice for tests, I do it at least twice.

1st time is under time pressure and test conditions. This is by far the best way for me to find holes in my knowledge and where I need to study etc.

Then I go through my answer, look for any issues that I missed, check my structure, etc.

2nd time, I take my first test and all my notes and create the best answer that I can.

When I was studying for a torts midterm, I took a it one step further and retook it a final time under test conditions to drill the process into my brain.

It worked for me on that midterm. I think actually writing out answers is the best way for me to improve my chances of a good score. All of the info is in my head, so getting it on the page correctly is where I can personally get more points.

Kobe_Teeth

Re: Doing the same hypo more than once

Postby Kobe_Teeth » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:03 am

I plan on doing some twice. I am a shitty test taker and doing the same test twice helps me spot my errors in judgment in time-pressured situations.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”