1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
SmittenMitten

Bronze

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Post by SmittenMitten » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:41 pm

rad law wrote:Anyone have some solid future interest problems with answers they can send me?
I'd appreciate this as well.

melyanair

New

Post by melyanair » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:44 pm

Does anyone have pre-written con law answers. Like ... if the issue is commerce clause, govt. will like argue ABC, individual affected is likely to argue XYZ?

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:23 pm

Just did prof's old crim pro exam and feel pretty pumped about the real exam tomorrow morning. Lets do this!

forty-two

Bronze

Post by forty-two » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:39 pm

SmittenMitten wrote:
rad law wrote:Anyone have some solid future interest problems with answers they can send me?
I'd appreciate this as well.
Have you tried this site? --LinkRemoved--

examplepdf

New

Post by examplepdf » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:41 pm

melyanair wrote:Does anyone have pre-written con law answers. Like ... if the issue is commerce clause, govt. will like argue ABC, individual affected is likely to argue XYZ?
I would also love to look at something like this... making my own attack outlines but I'd like to see if I'm on the right track

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:44 pm

Have no idea if I did well on property exam. Loaded with forks and issues and much more dense than the practice exams. Thinking back on it, I realize a few things I did incorrectly and a few things I would have liked to talk about , but I"m praying that what I did right is good enough to pull me into the A range. At my school, up to 30% of the class can get an A- or higher. So here's to praying that I can cling to that threshold.

forty-two

Bronze

Post by forty-two » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:47 pm

examplepdf wrote:
melyanair wrote:Does anyone have pre-written con law answers. Like ... if the issue is commerce clause, govt. will like argue ABC, individual affected is likely to argue XYZ?
I would also love to look at something like this... making my own attack outlines but I'd like to see if I'm on the right track
I don't have pre-written answers, but I did make analytical frameworks with questions to go through in order.

For the commerce clause analysis, I start with the 10th amendment analysis, then I go through the Lopez test, then I make some case analogies for where I think it should fall. I tried to post that part of my outline, but the formatting didn't work for some reason.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:15 pm

fathergoose wrote:Exams start today.

Holyshitholyshitholyshitholyshit

Big baby. That was ridiculously easy, which means everyone did well.

Dammit.

fathergoose

Silver

Post by fathergoose » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:29 pm

kalvano wrote:Big baby. That was ridiculously easy, which means everyone did well.

Dammit.
Yea this is what I'm concerned about. There was more than enough time to get through it all. There wasn't really anything tricky on the first half so I feel like it's going to come down to the ridiculousness of those agree/disagree. He really got into with the governmental immunity, color me surprised.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mbusch22

Bronze

Post by mbusch22 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:38 pm

fathergoose wrote:
kalvano wrote:Big baby. That was ridiculously easy, which means everyone did well.

Dammit.
Yea this is what I'm concerned about. There was more than enough time to get through it all. There wasn't really anything tricky on the first half so I feel like it's going to come down to the ridiculousness of those agree/disagree. He really got into with the governmental immunity, color me surprised.

I didn't like it and I don't feel good about it. It didn't feel like a real exam. The instructions just should have said "make the same general negligence argument 3 times, and then do some semi-tricky true false questions"

He was my worst grade last semester and I'm not expecting that to change this semester.

fathergoose

Silver

Post by fathergoose » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:44 pm

mbusch22 wrote:I didn't like it and I don't feel good about it. It didn't feel like a real exam. The instructions just should have said "make the same general negligence argument 3 times, and then do some semi-tricky true false questions"

He was my worst grade last semester and I'm not expecting that to change this semester.
Especially when he hand held us through exactly the way he wanted it done in the review session.

I just feel empty inside after that exam. I don't feel like I was challenged but I don't feel like I did very well either.

maxpayne

Bronze

Post by maxpayne » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:56 pm

mbusch22 wrote:
fathergoose wrote:

Dammit.

I didn't like it and I don't feel good about it. It didn't feel like a real exam. The instructions just should have said "make the same general negligence argument 3 times, and then do some semi-tricky true false questions"

I agree wit dis dude. I ain't in the top (insert whatever %) of the class, but I fucking strongly dislike that old ball sack geezer. He really is a terrible torts teacher. I haven't had any other torts teacher, but he is no bueno. Give us a normal regular long torts hypo instead of this bullshit agree/disagree stuff.

I am praying to the law gods that I get a B in that class. Just a B, is that too much to ask? NO.

Thirteen

Diamond

Post by Thirteen » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:14 pm

maxpayne wrote:
mbusch22 wrote:
fathergoose wrote:

Dammit.

I agree wit dis dude. I ain't in the top (insert whatever %) of the class, but I fucking strongly dislike that old ball sack geezer. He really is a terrible torts teacher. I haven't had any other torts teacher, but he is no bueno. Give us a normal regular long torts hypo instead of this bullshit agree/disagree stuff.

I am praying to the law gods that I get a B in that class. Just a B, is that too much to ask? NO.
I'm cracking up in the library, hahaha.

I think the curve will be tight, and I have no clue what I'm going to get on the test. I also thought there was a lot of overlap between the 3 claims. Fuck it, hopefully we'll all hear good news when we get our grades in mid July.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:42 pm

fathergoose wrote:

Dammit.

They were all disagree, just like last time. I'm going to be pissed if my grade drops, because I did exactly the same thing I did last time.

He's not a bad dude at all, I just don't think he is a very good Torts teacher. But he's nice.

And yes, his exam was like academic blue balls. There was so much I was prepared to say, and never had a chance to.

emorystud2010

Bronze

Post by emorystud2010 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:01 pm

Last edited by emorystud2010 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bonnieblue

Bronze

Post by bonnieblue » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:03 pm

Gah I hate torts, I'm so glad that it's over...the questions themselves were pretty easy, but somehow I got my timing off and thought I had 30 minutes less than I did, so I hope the 72000 times we had to run through the same negligence issues, didn't somehow get messed up. Boe really slacked on his fact pattern this time....way less entertaining than last semester.

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:26 pm

god, ive gone from being positive i am screwed for evidence, to thinking i have a pretty good handle on it, and back to realizing i have no clue. ugh.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:08 pm

bonnieblue wrote:Gah I hate torts, I'm so glad that it's over...the questions themselves were pretty easy, but somehow I got my timing off and thought I had 30 minutes less than I did, so I hope the 72000 times we had to run through the same negligence issues, didn't somehow get messed up. Boe really slacked on his fact pattern this time....way less entertaining than last semester.

Hey, it's you.

Yeah, I think Boe woke up this morning and went "oh, shit, I have to write a Torts exam in 30 minutes." The first 2-3 pages were useless. I kept going back and looking for something, like him getting a beer while talking to the cop, anything.

weee

Bronze

Post by weee » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:34 pm

mths wrote:Well I've been staring at civpro for several hours now

so far no progress

I guess I should actually start reading it
I am similarly situated.

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:21 am

So, I just finished my outline. I have tomorrow to learn IP before my test Friday. Then, 3 days to do enough to kick ass at con law, and only 2 days for property, which is unfortunate cuse it'll take me one day to learn estates and future interests which is only worth 20% of the exam. /your welcome for the update.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:09 pm

Property done, feel like crying as per usual. I'm trying to get it out of my mind because I'm sure I fucked something up somewhere.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:30 pm

Crim Pro done. Feel pretty good about it, Civ Pro in 3 days I don't feel so good about...

Omerta

Bronze

Post by Omerta » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:04 pm

And I'm finished. Good luck to y'all who still have exams.

Thirteen

Diamond

Post by Thirteen » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:19 pm

Omerta wrote:And I'm finished. Good luck to y'all who still have exams.
Nice. Have a beer for all of us.

gwuorbust

Gold

Post by gwuorbust » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:49 pm

Omerta wrote:And I'm finished. Good luck to y'all who still have exams.
must be an amazing feeling!!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”