1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
SmittenMitten

Bronze

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread (ROUND 2 SUCKAS)

Post by SmittenMitten » Sun May 01, 2011 7:12 pm

Contracts exam at 9am Tuesday. Still have no idea what the fuck is going on.

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Sun May 01, 2011 8:23 pm

i feel really good about con law, surprisingly. its closed book, but i feel like i have pretty much everything memorized that i need to know for the exam, and after doing a bunch of her practice exams at least a decent idea of how it all works.

in fact... it almost worries me how much i'm not worried. could just end up getting curve-pwned.

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Sun May 01, 2011 8:58 pm

SmittenMitten wrote:Contracts exam at 9am Tuesday. Still have no idea what the fuck is going on.
This actually made me laugh out loud :)

Sorry it had to be at your expense.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Sun May 01, 2011 9:01 pm

traehekat wrote:i feel really good about con law, surprisingly. its closed book, but i feel like i have pretty much everything memorized that i need to know for the exam, and after doing a bunch of her practice exams at least a decent idea of how it all works.

in fact... it almost worries me how much i'm not worried. could just end up getting curve-pwned.

That's because I feel like Con Law has very few hard and fast rules.

Thirteen

Diamond

Post by Thirteen » Sun May 01, 2011 9:02 pm

kalvano wrote:
traehekat wrote:i feel really good about con law, surprisingly. its closed book, but i feel like i have pretty much everything memorized that i need to know for the exam, and after doing a bunch of her practice exams at least a decent idea of how it all works.

Rule #1: no typos

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Sun May 01, 2011 9:04 pm

Thirteen wrote:
kalvano wrote:

Rule #1: no typos

Well, yes, except for that. Examsoft has a spell-check, though.

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Sun May 01, 2011 9:34 pm

Yeah, Con Law Exam Tuesday. I sort of have a grasp of stuff, but, I really need to get this thematic question thing down. And everythign that isn't equal protection. I'm concerned about the curve this semester. Really concerned.

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Sun May 01, 2011 10:14 pm

Property exam in nine-ish hours. Pretty sure I'm gonna be in the fat part of the curve and not especially thrilled about it. This semester is lame.

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Sun May 01, 2011 10:17 pm

kalvano wrote:

the weird thing is that our professor has basically insisted on breaking every thing down into rules, at least for the most part. at the end of a section she just gives us an "outline" of everything. i think i also get the general themes and stuff that are often used to argue one way or another, so between the rules/themes i should have enough ammo for a 2 hour issue spotter. if i dont there isn't much i can about it now.

*turns attention back to man v. food*

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Sun May 01, 2011 10:18 pm

I really need to get my commerce clause analysis shit together.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Mon May 02, 2011 12:14 am

ConLaw tomorrow. No idea how this is going to go.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Mon May 02, 2011 12:17 am

My motivation for this con law stuff is waning. We had 1.5 practice tests, and we did a lot of stuff differently from other schools so other PTs are't that useful. I guess I'll just read my outline a bunch?

fathergoose

Silver

Post by fathergoose » Mon May 02, 2011 12:21 am

I'm considering ending my con law exam tomorrow with "bin Laden is dead. Executive powers? America. Fuck Yea."

A exam? I think so.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

gwuorbust

Gold

Post by gwuorbust » Mon May 02, 2011 12:22 am

^ +1000

and
rad law wrote:My motivation for this con law stuff is waning. We had 1.5 practice tests, and we did a lot of stuff differently from other schools so other PTs are't that useful. I guess I'll just read my outline a bunch?
I talked out all the Con Law stuff with my friend and I think it really helped. forced us to figure out how to say everything concisely.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Mon May 02, 2011 12:25 am

fathergoose wrote:I'm considering ending my con law exam tomorrow with "bin Laden is dead. Executive powers? America. Fuck Yea."

A exam? I think so.

Make sure to sketch a picture of an eagle with the Constitution and an M-16 in its claw pissing on his body.

Omerta

Bronze

Post by Omerta » Mon May 02, 2011 1:05 am

There isn't a grades thread, so I'm posting this here
*Is a nationally ranked debater throughout high school, All-American mock trial attorney*
*Gets a "superb" rating in practice oral argument*
*Gets a 2.7 on the oral argument, 4.0 on the brief*
*Gets an A- in LWRAP*
/self

It was the law school equivalent of being hometowned: the other instructors were just not buying what I was selling.

forty-two

Bronze

Post by forty-two » Mon May 02, 2011 1:11 am

Omerta wrote:There isn't a grades thread, so I'm posting this here
*Is a nationally ranked debater throughout high school, All-American mock trial attorney*
*Gets an A- in LWRAP*
/self

It was the law school equivalent of being hometowned: the other instructors were just not buying what I was selling.
This is why I still haven't checked my brief grade. The instructor who graded me hated some things mine explicitly told me to do. Sooooooooo scared!!!!!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Omerta

Bronze

Post by Omerta » Mon May 02, 2011 1:18 am

forty-two wrote: This is why I still haven't checked my brief grade. The instructor who graded me hated some things mine explicitly told me to do. Sooooooooo scared!!!!!!
The upside is your brief counts for 75%, so that's what you were supposed to do. I have to add that I'm impressed with anyone who has the self-control and/or fear not to check their grades. I knew I was getting my grade back today and I checked my email every 2 minutes for the past 20 hours.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Mon May 02, 2011 1:38 am

Omerta wrote:There isn't a grades thread, so I'm posting this here
*Gets an A- in LWRAP*
/self

Are you bitching about getting an A-?

forty-two

Bronze

Post by forty-two » Mon May 02, 2011 1:40 am

Omerta wrote:
forty-two wrote: This is why I still haven't checked my brief grade. The instructor who graded me hated some things mine explicitly told me to do. Sooooooooo scared!!!!!!
The upside is your brief counts for 75%, so that's what you were supposed to do. I have to add that I'm impressed with anyone who has the self-control and/or fear not to check their grades. I knew I was getting my grade back today and I checked my email every 2 minutes for the past 20 hours.
Mine has been in my mailbox at school since Thursday. I'm just scared because the other LWRAP person hated some things about my argument, and I was super nervous so I looked down a lot and read from my paper too much. LWRAP was also by far my lowest grade last semester, so right now I'm trying to weigh the costs and benefits of not knowing/just checking all of my grades at once and imagining the worst, and knowing and being disappointed. Last semester I was convinced I'd end up below a 3.0 because that was the only grade I had for over a month, and I really don't want that to happen again.

geekrocker37

Bronze

Post by geekrocker37 » Mon May 02, 2011 4:12 am

Last edited by geekrocker37 on Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

evilxs

Bronze

Post by evilxs » Mon May 02, 2011 4:34 am

A very special place in hell. WTF. Ditch the bitch, Rock the exams, go on to MF'ing awesome life as lawyer. The End.

stayway

Silver

Post by stayway » Mon May 02, 2011 10:12 am

First final in 3 hours. About to slap this bitch around a little and fuck it sideways.

hawkeye22

Bronze

Post by hawkeye22 » Mon May 02, 2011 10:17 am

I am off to take con law. I HATE con law. Wish me luck.

SmittenMitten

Bronze

Post by SmittenMitten » Mon May 02, 2011 10:42 am

I would take every single con law exam for you guys if just one of you could take contracts (open book) for me. Anybody? Anybody?

God I miss Con Law and Torts

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”