MegaTTTron's Advice For Doing Well At A T1 Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
mac.empress

Bronze

Re: +1 for Arrow and "Success in Law School"

Post by mac.empress » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:42 pm

megaTTTron wrote:That is so amazing. I honestly sort of wish my real name was Megatron. Although growing up would be pure hell.

All Honor To Megatron! (and the horrifying, self-esteem-destroying, future he is sure to endure as the result of idiotic parents)

That was my thought as well.

OG Loc

Bronze

Re: MegaTTTron's Advice For Doing Well At A T1

Post by OG Loc » Sat May 29, 2010 8:49 pm

Thank you MegaTTTron

Jay-Electronica

Bronze

Post by Jay-Electronica » Sat May 29, 2010 8:59 pm

thanks mega

Silver

Post by 06072010 » Sat May 29, 2010 9:01 pm

My study method was almost the same as this except I did the reading at the beginning of the week and again before class. Endorse.

Mal

New

Post by Mal » Sat May 29, 2010 9:39 pm

Great tips.

The one thing I will say that I disagree with is study groups. For me, they were worthwhile. I had one study partner the entire year, with a few other people occassionally joining us. This helped me in two ways. First, getting a different perspective on things can be good. Second, she was a far harder worker than me. Getting called at 10 pm to be asked a question when I had been watching TV for hours made me feel guilty. It also made me want to keep up (I am the competitive sort).

I would caveat this in that it is imperative to have people who work very hard, and are smart. The average students will not help because you will be beyond them if you are gunning for top10%+.

PS. Good luck transferring (if you want to) Megatron.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

megaTTTron

Silver

Post by megaTTTron » Sun May 30, 2010 2:29 am

Mal wrote:Great tips.

The one thing I will say that I disagree with is study groups. For me, they were worthwhile. I had one study partner the entire year, with a few other people occassionally joining us. This helped me in two ways. First, getting a different perspective on things can be good. Second, she was a far harder worker than me. Getting called at 10 pm to be asked a question when I had been watching TV for hours made me feel guilty. It also made me want to keep up (I am the competitive sort).

I would caveat this in that it is imperative to have people who work very hard, and are smart. The average students will not help because you will be beyond them if you are gunning for top10%+.

You know what. I think I was a bit unclear. I had a "study group" according to your definition. The #2 and #3 students in my class and I studied for every exam together. I don't consider this a study group, just my two best friends at the school. In retrospect, I guess you could all that a "study group." What I'm referring to, is a Paper Chase study group, or anything larger than 2 or 3 people. So I would say that you are right on, Mal.

And thanks for the good luck, I will be attending a CCN in the fall!

heathbar88

New

Post by heathbar88 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:14 pm

Thanks!

sayan

Bronze

Post by sayan » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:00 pm

megaTTTron wrote:

You know what. I think I was a bit unclear. I had a "study group" according to your definition. The #2 and #3 students in my class and I studied for every exam together. I don't consider this a study group, just my two best friends at the school. In retrospect, I guess you could all that a "study group." What I'm referring to, is a Paper Chase study group, or anything larger than 2 or 3 people. So I would say that you are right on, Mal.

How did you befriend the #2/#3 students in your class? That must be either astounding luck or deliberate effort.

megaTTTron

Silver

Post by megaTTTron » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:07 pm

sayan wrote:
megaTTTron wrote:

How did you befriend the #2/#3 students in your class? That must be either astounding luck or deliberate effort.
They were in my section, and clearly very smart (you can pick out the brilliant students from the gunners after about a week). And we just sort of fell into into it. Then second semester I guess they figured out I wasn't a complete idiot and we studied a little more together. haha.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

thexfactor

Silver

Post by thexfactor » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:47 am

i might write a guide too. Maybe I should wait on my con law grade before doing so. I dont want to write a guide and then get a D in con law. :lol:

it is going to be called. the lazy man's guide to doing well in law school.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:14 am

Thanks for the great article, Mega.

megaTTTron

Silver

Post by megaTTTron » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:17 pm

thexfactor wrote:i might write a guide too. Maybe I should wait on my con law grade before doing so. I dont want to write a guide and then get a D in con law. :lol:

it is going to be called. the lazy man's guide to doing well in law school.

I cannot wait to read it. There is a void in that department on TLS. To many fuckin' gunners.

megaTTTron

Silver

Post by megaTTTron » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:00 am

I'm working on a couple updates:

I'm adding more detailed sections on supplements, final exams, networking with profs, and I'm going to break down each 1L class and method for each.

This is coming in the next week or so.

ALSO -- 300th post. bitchin'

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

wpc1532

New

Post by wpc1532 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:17 pm

megaTTTron wrote:I'm working on a couple updates:

I'm adding more detailed sections on supplements, final exams, networking with profs, and I'm going to break down each 1L class and method for each.

This is coming in the next week or so.

ALSO -- 300th post. bitchin'
You're a machine. Thanks for the information.

kehoema2

Bronze

Post by kehoema2 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:34 pm

Wow, thanks for the advice Megatron.

megaTTTron

Silver

Post by megaTTTron » Thu May 12, 2011 6:38 pm

Updated. Finally.

fingersxd

Silver

Post by fingersxd » Fri May 13, 2011 11:05 am

Thanks Mega. This is great.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

uwb09

Silver

Post by uwb09 » Fri May 13, 2011 11:07 am

congrats on the grades mega

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Fri May 13, 2011 11:23 am

I love the Eire doctrine

--ImageRemoved--

Ireland for the Irish dood

whirledpeas86

Silver

Re: +1 for Arrow and "Success in Law School"

Post by whirledpeas86 » Fri May 13, 2011 6:24 pm

tamlyric wrote:cheers! thanks for the thread, op. :mrgreen:

risktaker

Silver

Post by risktaker » Tue May 17, 2011 1:01 am

tag

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

wojo96

New

Post by wojo96 » Thu May 19, 2011 10:56 am

Tag

fingersxd

Silver

Post by fingersxd » Fri May 20, 2011 6:44 pm

You're it.

Lame, I know...but I couldn't resist.

traydeuce

Silver

Post by traydeuce » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:26 am

megaTTTron wrote:Doing well is a commitment. It's largely about motivation. I am not a genius. There must exist some people who can barely do the work and get a 4.0. But I don't know them. The kids who beat me all worked their assess off and when I spoke to them about their grades it made sense.
Unless I'm not a person (see underline), but a law school exam-writing robot cleverly disguised as such (which would explain a lot, wouldn't it), the bolded just is not a true statement. I almost feel insulted. Actually, I have to admit, now that I have a 1 in 4 chance at finishing 1st in my trashy Law Center, I've been considering doing some work. Maybe I'll read your guide and learn how to do that...

Kilpatrick

Silver

Post by Kilpatrick » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:35 am

traydeuce wrote:
megaTTTron wrote:Doing well is a commitment. It's largely about motivation. I am not a genius. There must exist some people who can barely do the work and get a 4.0. But I don't know them. The kids who beat me all worked their assess off and when I spoke to them about their grades it made sense.
Unless I'm not a person (see underline), but a law school exam-writing robot cleverly disguised as such (which would explain a lot, wouldn't it), the bolded just is not a true statement. I almost feel insulted. Actually, I have to admit, now that I have a 1 in 4 chance at finishing 1st in my trashy Law Center, I've been considering doing some work. Maybe I'll read your guide and learn how to do that...
This response makes no sense. How is the bolded not a true statement? Are you saying that you got a 4.0 without doing any work and that megaTTTron knows you?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”