ITT: Cold Feet Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
firemed

Silver

Re: ITT: Cold Feet

Post by firemed » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:39 pm

yngblkgifted wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:I wouldn't go to law school with the economy on the verge of double dip. You'd be the class most fucked if a collapse happens in a few months.
Dude, with all due respect, shut up.

+1 to this.

I have grown to love you DF, but just like you we are all committed at this point, and projecting your fears onto us ain't helping anybody. So knock it the eff off.

Said with love.

delusional

Silver

Post by delusional » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:47 pm

firemed wrote:
delusional wrote:
Well, a lot of pressure is what people put on themselves.

A lot of women (assuming you're men from the name), and about every child does not need fancy things to be happy, just the necessities. A little kid who can play catch with his daddy every night, but does not own a playstation will likely be happier than a kid with every video game whose dad is never home.
That's a classic myth about women and kids.
+1000
Fist bump, bro.

chenalex

New

Post by chenalex » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:43 pm

I was getting cold feet the week coming before I moved. The night before I left (Sunday night) my friends tried to get me to feel better about it by getting me trashed. The result was, I couldn't wake up for my 6:40am flight, had to take the 12pm flight, lost my luggage, had the hotel lose my reservation, and ended up shelling $200 at another hotel. It didn't help that I was hungover for most of the day. It was at that point that I thought to myself that maybe God or whoever is telling me that moving cross-country and going to law school is a bad idea.

When I got to the hotel at 11pm, I tried to order room service as I didn't have dinner yet, and was told the kitchen was closed. After about 15 minutes though, there was a knock on my door and room service had brought me a pizza and a soda because "they couldn't let me starve." It wasn't a free meal, but I thought it was incredibly nice of them.

Moral of the story: You might feel scared at first but you'll find help in unexpected places. You'll be fine.

Excellence = a Habit

Silver

Post by Excellence = a Habit » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:33 pm

chenalex wrote:I was getting cold feet the week coming before I moved. The night before I left (Sunday night) my friends tried to get me to feel better about it by getting me trashed. The result was, I couldn't wake up for my 6:40am flight, had to take the 12pm flight, lost my luggage, had the hotel lose my reservation, and ended up shelling $200 at another hotel. It didn't help that I was hungover for most of the day. It was at that point that I thought to myself that maybe God or whoever is telling me that moving cross-country and going to law school is a bad idea.

When I got to the hotel at 11pm, I tried to order room service as I didn't have dinner yet, and was told the kitchen was closed. After about 15 minutes though, there was a knock on my door and room service had brought me a pizza and a soda because "they couldn't let me starve." It wasn't a free meal, but I thought it was incredibly nice of them.

Moral of the story: You might feel scared at first but you'll find help in unexpected places. You'll be fine.
:)

mpj_3050

Bronze

Post by mpj_3050 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:36 pm

Better go ahead and check myself into this thread.

I'm pretty nervous right now; family said I need to lighten up and relax.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”