Pacific-McGeorge Class of 2014!!!

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
szimmerman
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:48 pm

Pacific-McGeorge Class of 2014!!!

Postby szimmerman » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:27 pm

So? Any others? :)

User avatar
mavregade
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:49 am

Re: Pacific-McGeorge Class of 2014!!!

Postby mavregade » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:00 am

Yep. I am!

szimmerman
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:48 pm

Re: Pacific-McGeorge Class of 2014!!!

Postby szimmerman » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:45 pm

mavregade wrote:Yep. I am!

Awesome! Full-time or evening? I'm doing the full time day program-can't wait!

User avatar
mavregade
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:49 am

Re: Pacific-McGeorge Class of 2014!!!

Postby mavregade » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:45 am

Full time. Where ya coming from? I'm coming all the way from Athens, GA.

acmass
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: Pacific-McGeorge Class of 2014!!!

Postby acmass » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:19 am

Me toooo!!!

Day division :)

User avatar
gokickrocks
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:13 pm

Re: Pacific-McGeorge Class of 2014!!!

Postby gokickrocks » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:12 am

Day division here!

Cheburashka
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:47 pm

Re: Pacific-McGeorge Class of 2014!!!

Postby Cheburashka » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:54 pm

I guess I'll be the first to rep the night division.

Where are you all planning on living?

User avatar
ohhenry
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:08 pm

Re: Pacific-McGeorge Class of 2014!!!

Postby ohhenry » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:09 am

+1 on the day division here!

User avatar
gokickrocks
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:13 pm

Re: Pacific-McGeorge Class of 2014!!!

Postby gokickrocks » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:33 am

Cheburashka wrote:I guess I'll be the first to rep the night division.

Where are you all planning on living?


Most likely I'll be living in Midtown, but have considered living on campus for convenience.

Anyone know if there is a FB group yet? If not, anyone want to make one?

acmass
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: Pacific-McGeorge Class of 2014!!!

Postby acmass » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:45 am

Cheburashka wrote:I guess I'll be the first to rep the night division.

Where are you all planning on living?


no clue...I have a cat, so I can't do the on-campus housing. I have a friend who lives in Sacramento so I sent her an email asking her where the best places to live are or if she knows anyone who needs a roommate...still waiting for her to get back to me, though.

acmass
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: Pacific-McGeorge Class of 2014!!!

Postby acmass » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:50 am

gokickrocks wrote:
Cheburashka wrote:I guess I'll be the first to rep the night division.

Where are you all planning on living?


Most likely I'll be living in Midtown, but have considered living on campus for convenience.

Anyone know if there is a FB group yet? If not, anyone want to make one?


Just did a FB search and I didn't find anything...I'd be down to make one though...let me know what you all think!

acmass
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: Pacific-McGeorge Class of 2014!!!

Postby acmass » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:36 am

Ok. So I'm bored and I made a FB Page.

Here's the link. Any suggestions are appreciated and I'm totally open to making lots of other people admins!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacific-M ... 69?sk=wall

User avatar
mavregade
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:49 am

Re: Pacific-McGeorge Class of 2014!!!

Postby mavregade » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:30 am

Ah, I don't do facebook. I'm an anomaly, I know I know. Or an anachronism. A human being, in the 21st century, that doesn't book his face? What?

Anyway, I have a dog so I can't do on campus, no matter the convenience. So I have been browsing the net to find decent, dog-friendly housing. Any suggestions?

Cheburashka
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:47 pm

Re: Pacific-McGeorge Class of 2014!!!

Postby Cheburashka » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:30 am

I can't live on campus because I have a cat too, agh!

My bf's uncle actually has a house he's renting out in South Natomas, hopefully it will still be available when I am looking to move, and I can find two other roommates.

Cheburashka
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:47 pm

Re: Pacific-McGeorge Class of 2014!!!

Postby Cheburashka » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:36 am

acmass wrote:Ok. So I'm bored and I made a FB Page.

Here's the link. Any suggestions are appreciated and I'm totally open to making lots of other people admins!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacific-M ... 69?sk=wall


I added it, but it might be better to make a 'class group' instead of a page

acmass
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: Pacific-McGeorge Class of 2014!!!

Postby acmass » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:39 pm

Cheburashka wrote:
acmass wrote:Ok. So I'm bored and I made a FB Page.

Here's the link. Any suggestions are appreciated and I'm totally open to making lots of other people admins!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacific-M ... 69?sk=wall


I added it, but it might be better to make a 'class group' instead of a page


I thought of that...but I don't think they really let you do that anymore like they use to. Remember when there were groups AND fan pages? Now it's all just pages...and I think if I made a group, it would be one of those things on the side of your profile that you have to ADD people to, instead of having them add themselves.

But I could be wrong haha...if you figure it out, feel free to make a new one and I'll delete the page.

(ps: we have a mutual friend?! so random! She was on my soccer team in HS.)

Cheburashka
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:47 pm

Re: Pacific-McGeorge Class of 2014!!!

Postby Cheburashka » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:52 pm

acmass wrote:
Cheburashka wrote:
acmass wrote:Ok. So I'm bored and I made a FB Page.

Here's the link. Any suggestions are appreciated and I'm totally open to making lots of other people admins!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacific-M ... 69?sk=wall


I added it, but it might be better to make a 'class group' instead of a page


I thought of that...but I don't think they really let you do that anymore like they use to. Remember when there were groups AND fan pages? Now it's all just pages...and I think if I made a group, it would be one of those things on the side of your profile that you have to ADD people to, instead of having them add themselves.

But I could be wrong haha...if you figure it out, feel free to make a new one and I'll delete the page.

(ps: we have a mutual friend?! so random! She was on my soccer team in HS.)


I have no idea, I can't see your name, just how many people "like" the page : )

acmass
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: Pacific-McGeorge Class of 2014!!!

Postby acmass » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:03 pm

Cheburashka wrote:
acmass wrote:
Cheburashka wrote:
acmass wrote:Ok. So I'm bored and I made a FB Page.

Here's the link. Any suggestions are appreciated and I'm totally open to making lots of other people admins!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacific-M ... 69?sk=wall


I added it, but it might be better to make a 'class group' instead of a page


I thought of that...but I don't think they really let you do that anymore like they use to. Remember when there were groups AND fan pages? Now it's all just pages...and I think if I made a group, it would be one of those things on the side of your profile that you have to ADD people to, instead of having them add themselves.

But I could be wrong haha...if you figure it out, feel free to make a new one and I'll delete the page.

(ps: we have a mutual friend?! so random! She was on my soccer team in HS.)


I have no idea, I can't see your name, just how many people "like" the page : )


There should be a link under the number of how many people "like" the page

Cheburashka
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:47 pm

Re: Pacific-McGeorge Class of 2014!!!

Postby Cheburashka » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:09 pm

Okay I made a group, can you try to add this?

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/hom ... 0429628172

acmass
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: Pacific-McGeorge Class of 2014!!!

Postby acmass » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:16 pm

Cheburashka wrote:Okay I made a group, can you try to add this?

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/hom ... 0429628172


request sent!

I seriously thought they were all private groups...good job figuring it out! This is actually way better, too, because they have a group FB chat feature

I'll go ahead and delete the FB page!

Cheburashka
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:47 pm

Re: Pacific-McGeorge Class of 2014!!!

Postby Cheburashka » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:27 pm

Excellent :D

And yes, that girl was in my sorority...small world!

User avatar
gokickrocks
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:13 pm

Re: Pacific-McGeorge Class of 2014!!!

Postby gokickrocks » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:25 pm

Just sent my request too!

I've thought about living with a childhood friend in Elk Grove. However, he's still in undergrad and might want him to join him in the undergrad life which would distract me :shock:

User avatar
risktaker
Posts: 687
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Re: Pacific-McGeorge Class of 2014!!!

Postby risktaker » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:21 pm

tagging because I might end up here.

User avatar
Tyler Durden
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:10 pm

Re: Pacific-McGeorge Class of 2014!!!

Postby Tyler Durden » Thu May 05, 2011 6:26 pm

gokickrocks wrote:Just sent my request too!

I've thought about living with a childhood friend in Elk Grove. However, he's still in undergrad and might want him to join him in the undergrad life which would distract me :shock:



Just thought I'd help out on the living commentary a bit. I currently live in downtown Sacramento near Crocker Art Museum. Probably going to withdraw from McGeorge, but here's my two cents on the living:

Unless you have the money, try and avoid midtown. The prices are way too high for what a student would need, but the midtown atmosphere is pretty great. Downtown is alright, but you should be choosy. There are a few great options, but others aren't necessarily good areas. Downtown is actually becoming more and more extended into midtown. Lots of new bars/clubs/apartment buildings being renovated/built recently and even more later on.

I saw someone mention Natomas. That's a pretty low-rent area, but there is not a lot going on there.

Elk Grove is nice too, but I actually don't have much I can say. Never been there. Not sure how far it is either.

What I can say is that downtown/midtown allows you a pretty short bike ride to class. However, depending on what time your classes are, Sacramento traffic can be very congested near the campus, so be careful how far away you choose.

Hope this helps. PM me if anyone wants to know more.

Ryan9
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 1:55 am

Re: Pacific-McGeorge Class of 2014!!!

Postby Ryan9 » Mon May 23, 2011 1:59 am

Anyone else coming from the East Coast???




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest