UConn Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
tgreene

New

UConn Class of 2014

Post by tgreene » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:15 pm

Didn't see one started!

Anyone else excited about UConn Law this fall?

Who will be joining me in the class of 2014?!

BrittaBot

New

Re: UConn Class of 2014

Post by BrittaBot » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:56 pm

I am!

tgreene

New

Post by tgreene » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:38 pm

Are you in-state? Are you looking at housing near campus?

snapdragon

Silver

Post by snapdragon » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:59 am

Going to visit this week.. 50/50 shot I'll end up here. I'll try and take pics if the weather's good!

BrittaBot

New

Post by BrittaBot » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:23 pm

I am in-state...looking for housing with my SO.

What made you decide to go to UCONN?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tgreene

New

Post by tgreene » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:19 pm

Yeah, same... I'm looking for housing close to campus with my fiance. We visited last week and loved it! Decided on UConn for many reasons: I want to live and work in CT, the state is progressive/gay friendly (I can officially marry my fiance), and the school has a good reputation, while providing multiple opportunities during and after law school.

Plus, being from NC- we get in-state tuition after the first year.

snapdragon

Silver

Post by snapdragon » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:52 pm

If anyone wants to check out some pics, just send me a PM. I've almost 100% made up my mind on UConn.. love to chat with some other people who will be there next year!

I'm not going to be able to make the ASW unfortunately, but I've heard we'll be put on an email list for potential roommates. I'm really hoping to find someone. I've been checking out prices in the W. Hartford area near campus, and I think it definitely makes more sense to have a 2-3 bedroom with roommates rather than living alone.

taxnstuff

Bronze

Post by taxnstuff » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:23 am

shooting for a waitlist at this point.....as the chances of acceptance are slim and I like my chances at getting in off the wl.

dr allen pearl

New

Post by dr allen pearl » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:17 am

I'll be at UConn in the fall! I look forward to meeting you all!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ElvisAaron

Bronze

Post by ElvisAaron » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:28 am

I'm a bit saddened by how under-represented UConn is here on TLS! I had hoped to make a few connections prior to the fall.

Bear46

New

Post by Bear46 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:02 pm

I'll be at U Conn this fall! I won't be able to make the ASD next month but I look forward to meeting everyone! :D I'm actually out of state but will be moving to CT in May. Maybe we can plan some events to get together before orientation starts in August.

dr allen pearl

New

Post by dr allen pearl » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:09 pm

There aren't many of us... Maybe that's what they mean by "tight knit" community. haha

snapdragon

Silver

Post by snapdragon » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:22 pm

ElvisAaron, I know. We must strive to increase the UConn presence.

Quality over quantity?

I'm also not going to make the ASW, but I'm definitely down for any get togethers before orientation in August.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ElvisAaron

Bronze

Post by ElvisAaron » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:31 pm

snapdragon wrote:ElvisAaron, I know. We must strive to increase the UConn presence.

Quality over quantity?

I'm also not going to make the ASW, but I'm definitely down for any get togethers before orientation in August.
Sounds good to me! Maybe once the page gets a few members we can round up a group of TLSers on FB and meet up. Assuming, of course, that we make a pact not to out each other on here :wink:

InsuranceGeek10

New

Post by InsuranceGeek10 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:53 pm

I'll be heading to UConn this fall as well! I've been living in Hartford for a few years now for work, and for those of you who have yet to see campus believe me when I tell you that I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!

Had a question about ASD. When I RSVPd I was asked if I was bringing a guest. Is anyone else bringing a guest? My significant other wants to come and check out the school... didn't know if that appropriate or not. Thoughts?

Oh, and GO HUSKIES on Saturday! :D

ElvisAaron

Bronze

Post by ElvisAaron » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:37 am

InsuranceGeek10 wrote:I'll be heading to UConn this fall as well! I've been living in Hartford for a few years now for work, and for those of you who have yet to see campus believe me when I tell you that I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!

Had a question about ASD. When I RSVPd I was asked if I was bringing a guest. Is anyone else bringing a guest? My significant other wants to come and check out the school... didn't know if that appropriate or not. Thoughts?

Oh, and GO HUSKIES on Saturday! :D
Its pretty common to bring your SO..after all, they also need to be on board with the place that will be taking all your time away from them :wink:

snapdragon

Silver

Post by snapdragon » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:48 am

Bringing your SO is quite common on ASWs.. especially if they're moving with you!

Mine came to visit campus with me, even though I can't make ASW. We live about an hour and a half away now (I'm moving, he's not) but he'll be coming up frequently.

Also, sending my deposit in today!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ElvisAaron

Bronze

Post by ElvisAaron » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:12 am

Posted to our FB group...c'mon who else will check in?

mebo28

New

Post by mebo28 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:41 am

Hi everyone,

I am about 95% sure I will be attending UConn in the fall. However, I think the evening class is 2015 :).

I will be attending the open house, but I had a question. I am a younger student and my parents are interested in also visiting. Would it be appropriate for them to come?

Thanks.

ElvisAaron

Bronze

Post by ElvisAaron » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:54 am

mebo28 wrote:Hi everyone,

I am about 95% sure I will be attending UConn in the fall. However, I think the evening class is 2015 :).

I will be attending the open house, but I had a question. I am a younger student and my parents are interested in also visiting. Would it be appropriate for them to come?

Thanks.
The FB group is for '14 and '15. We've got you covered ;)
If you search you can find a ton of debate on the parents coming question. Last judgment I had seen was-If parents are footing all/part of the bill for your tuition, let em come. If they are not, you should probably leave them at home...

mebo28

New

Post by mebo28 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:02 pm

Well lets put it like this. My family is extremely close and they are indirectly footing some of the bill, if you know what I mean? If not, I'll PM you. I would feel bad. I am the first person in the family to go to "grad school."

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

snapdragon

Silver

Post by snapdragon » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:06 pm

Honestly, I know TLS is generally against this. However, at Wake's ASW there were definitely parents and it was fine. I wouldn't stress it.

btw is anyone else in the day division "non traditional" (i.e. older)? I'll be 26 coming into school. I like to play board games and drink wine that comes in bottles out of glasses, but have not yet embraced early bird specials or watching Wheel of Fortune.

ElvisAaron

Bronze

Post by ElvisAaron » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:30 pm

snapdragon wrote: I wouldn't stress it.
TITCR.
If it has significant meaning to you and the fam, then who gives a fuck. It's doubtful that you'd be the only one w/parents.

InsuranceGeek10

New

Post by InsuranceGeek10 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:45 pm

snapdragon wrote:Honestly, I know TLS is generally against this. However, at Wake's ASW there were definitely parents and it was fine. I wouldn't stress it.

btw is anyone else in the day division "non traditional" (i.e. older)? I'll be 26 coming into school. I like to play board games and drink wine that comes in bottles out of glasses, but have not yet embraced early bird specials or watching Wheel of Fortune.

I'll be 25 shortly after classes start, and while I occasionally revert back to college activities I tend to have a more laid back nightlife. The question is - Have you been hitting up the 4:00PM dinner specials yet? :wink:

Just as a FYI too - Alot of my coworkers are UConn Law grads and most of them went after working in the insurance industry for 2-5 yrs after college. I think there will be more "old people" (myself being one of them) than you think there will be.

snapdragon

Silver

Post by snapdragon » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:57 pm

InsuranceGeek10 wrote:
snapdragon wrote:Honestly, I know TLS is generally against this. However, at Wake's ASW there were definitely parents and it was fine. I wouldn't stress it.

I'll be 25 shortly after classes start, and while I occasionally revert back to college activities I tend to have a more laid back nightlife. The question is - Have you been hitting up the 4:00PM dinner specials yet? :wink:

Just as a FYI too - Alot of my coworkers are UConn Law grads and most of them went after working in the insurance industry for 2-5 yrs after college. I think there will be more "old people" (myself being one of them) than you think there will be.
Maaaaybe a few early dinner buffets before the Golden Girls re-runs start.

And that's good to know, about more older peeps. Not that I'm ageist, I've just found that I can't drink or party like I used to in the halcyon days of undergrad.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”