Cornell Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
Skyhook

Bronze

Re: Cornell Class of 2014

Post by Skyhook » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:43 pm

:(
:cry:
:shock:

A range of emotions as I discover there is no grant in the financial aid letter and just a big pile of loans awaiting me.
Thought I might have got something...

thetobes

New

Post by thetobes » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:01 pm

Skyhook wrote::(

A range of emotions as I discover there is no grant in the financial aid letter and just a big pile of loans awaiting me.
Same here... I mean really, NOTHING? I guess I'll try to use some other scholarships to try to at least squeeze out a few pennies... :cry: ... here's hoping it works.

hope11

New

Post by hope11 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:39 pm

went complete on 3/17 pretty late aghh...when should I expect to hear back? (if ever)

Skyhook

Bronze

Post by Skyhook » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:19 am

thetobes wrote:

Same here... I mean really, NOTHING? I guess I'll try to use some other scholarships to try to at least squeeze out a few pennies... :cry: ... here's hoping it works.
Yeah, time is running out too.
I don't have any peer school $ to bargain with.
Worth a shot nonetheless.
You going to ASW next week?
Yes of course you are!
Probably a good time to talk to Financial Aid Folks :D
Last edited by Skyhook on Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skyhook

Bronze

Post by Skyhook » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:24 am

hope11 wrote:went complete on 3/17 pretty late aghh...when should I expect to hear back? (if ever)
I don't think anyone can give you a good estimate.
It might depend on your numbers. If they are really good and Cornell hasn't picked up enough 1st seat deposits (April 15th), then you might hear very back quickly.
But I would imagine May 1st at best (?), since Cornell told someone in the applications thread this date for later applicants.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

PinkCow

Silver

Post by PinkCow » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:53 pm

Anybody know who/what we make seat deposits to? The Registrar? The Financial Aid Office? Ezra Cornell?

lawschoolbound2014

New

Post by lawschoolbound2014 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:39 pm

Sent in my deposit yesterday!!!

I really need to find a roommate. I"m looking at the prices for 1 bedrooms and they're not looking too good to me. I am a female, I am 22 years old and would prefer a female roommate.

Please PM me or respond if you're sure you are coming to Cornell and would like to start looking for a place for the fall with me.

Thanks!

p.s.- if there is aalready another thread for this, please let me know!!

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:43 pm

PinkCow wrote:Anybody know who/what we make seat deposits to? The Registrar? The Financial Aid Office? Ezra Cornell?
Cornell University. I'm about to write mine and put it in an envelope.

Sig218

New

Post by Sig218 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:37 pm

Same here...

I knew the amount of debt I was getting into, but it just really smacks you in the face when you see it all in the letter.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Ostrizr316

New

Post by Ostrizr316 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:25 pm

Hello Cornell 0Ls,

First of all, congrats on being accepted and choosing Cornell Law! My name is Matt, and I'm the new IT Director for the Cornell Law Student Association. I wanted to let you guys know that we've just launched a Facebook page where we'll be posting information about events and other stuff going on at the law school. You guys can check it out at:

http://www.facebook.com/CornellCLSA

Be sure to "like" the page so that you can stay in touch with all our events. Thanks, and I hope to meet you all next year!

Matt for CLSA

mths

Silver

Post by mths » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:27 pm

Ostrizr316 wrote:Hello Cornell 0Ls,

First of all, congrats on being accepted and choosing Cornell Law! My name is Matt, and I'm the new IT Director for the Cornell Law Student Association. I wanted to let you guys know that we've just launched a Facebook page where we'll be posting information about events and other stuff going on at the law school. You guys can check it out at:

Be sure to "like" the page so that you can stay in touch with all our events. Thanks, and I hope to meet you all next year!

Matt for CLSA
sigh...

PinkCow

Silver

Post by PinkCow » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:31 pm

mths wrote:

Matt for CLSA
sigh...

I take this sigh to mean the Student Association isn't the most beloved organization by current students? Much like many universities?

mths

Silver

Post by mths » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:40 pm

PinkCow wrote:
mths wrote:

Matt for CLSA
sigh...

I take this sigh to mean the Student Association isn't the most beloved organization by current students? Much like many universities?
haha nah clsa is responsible for our bartabs = cool with me

I was just screwing with Matt cause this just got emailed to our listserv as well

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Ostrizr316

New

Post by Ostrizr316 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:09 pm

mths wrote:
PinkCow wrote:
mths wrote:

Matt for CLSA
sigh...

haha nah clsa is responsible for our bartabs = cool with me

I was just screwing with Matt cause this just got emailed to our listserv as well

I'm sorry that my being a Social Media All-Star inconveniences your trolling a 0L message thread.

mths

Silver

Post by mths » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:14 pm

Ostrizr316 wrote: I'm sorry that my being a Social Media All-Star inconveniences your trolling a 0L message thread.
Could you make a facebook event too? I don't think everyone knows about this...

;) loooooove you

AdmitMe17

New

Post by AdmitMe17 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:47 pm

Hey 0Ls!

Just want to let you know about a housing option that is available for any female 0L that is coming to Cornell.

I have 1 bedroom in a 5 bedroom apartment available for the 2011-2012 Academic Year available. It is in the Eddygate complex in the heart of collegetown, only a 3 minute walk to the law school. It is close to a ton of places to eat (Japanese, Chinese, Burgers, Mediterranean, etc.), 2 grocery stores, bars, coffeeshops, and of course, Cornell's campus. The apartment is fully furnished in a building with an elevator, dishwasher in the apartment, laundry in the building and comes with a flatscreen tv and four awesome roommates (3 law students and 1 young professional). There is easy access to parking available. It's an amazing apartment!

Rent is $835 a month and includes all utilities except electricity which is an extra $5-$30(at most) a month. PM if you are interested/want more details.

Good luck in making your decisions/see you in the Fall.

japes

Bronze

Post by japes » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:41 pm

Sooo I find out as I'm waiting for my flight to ASW that Cornell isn't upping my finaid offer. Boo.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

JerrySeinfeld

Bronze

Post by JerrySeinfeld » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:59 pm

For ASW tomorrow, I know breakfast starts at 8:30am, so does everyone plan on getting to Myron Taylor at 8:30am or closer to 9am when the formal stuff starts?

csoloski

New

Post by csoloski » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:26 am

Despite having a very lackluster time at ASW, I'll be attending Cornell next year. I really like the school but I'm quite scared of the location. For those that went I was the girl who had just been teaching in Japan sporting a orangish leather jacket at the April 8th ASW.

Reach

New

Post by Reach » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:08 am

Last edited by Reach on Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

japes

Bronze

Post by japes » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:31 am

csoloski wrote:Despite having a very lackluster time at ASW, I'll be attending Cornell next year. I really like the school but I'm quite scared of the location. For those that went I was the girl who had just been teaching in Japan sporting a orangish leather jacket at the April 8th ASW.
Huh. I had an amazing time and kinda fell in love with Ithaca yesterday. I think by and large the incoming class - at least what I saw of it - is a great group. FWIW though I probably would've had a bad time if I'd stayed at pixel too long.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:01 pm

csoloski wrote:Despite having a very lackluster time at ASW, I'll be attending Cornell next year. I really like the school but I'm quite scared of the location. For those that went I was the girl who had just been teaching in Japan sporting a orangish leather jacket at the April 8th ASW.
いなかったけど、初めまして。日本語が話せるか?クラークプログラムの興味があるか?

thetobes

New

Post by thetobes » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:29 pm

japes wrote:
Huh. I had an amazing time and kinda fell in love with Ithaca yesterday. I think by and large the incoming class - at least what I saw of it - is a great group. FWIW though I probably would've had a bad time if I'd stayed at pixel too long.
+1

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:01 am

In its earliest years during frontier days, what is now Ithaca was briefly known by the names "The Flats" and "Sodom,"[3][37] the name of the Biblical city of sin, due to its reputation as a town of "notorious immorality",[38] a place of horse racing, gambling, profanity, Sabbath breaking, and readily available liquor

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:04 am

Arbiter213 wrote:
In its earliest years during frontier days, what is now Ithaca was briefly known by the names "The Flats" and "Sodom,"[3][37] the name of the Biblical city of sin, due to its reputation as a town of "notorious immorality",[38] a place of horse racing, gambling, profanity, Sabbath breaking, and readily available liquor
/sends in deposit

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”