Suffolk Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
birD

Bronze

Suffolk Class of 2014

Post by birD » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:41 pm

Hey looks like I am definitly going to Suffolk in the fall. Anyone else?

lic06003

New

Re: Suffolk Class of 2014

Post by lic06003 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:38 pm

maybe. Have you seen the school yet? Is it nice?

nikki33

New

Post by nikki33 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:26 am

birD wrote:Hey looks like I am definitly going to Suffolk in the fall. Anyone else?
that's exciting! I am going to visit Feb. 24th, and will probably know right after that.. it is very high on my list

birD

Bronze

Post by birD » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:49 am

Yeah I live in Boston and it has the most beautiful campus out of BC, BU, Northeastern, and NE law. It is in a brand new building right in the center of downtown Boston. It really is nice, you should definitely take a visit!

ItsMyTimeBoston

Bronze

Post by ItsMyTimeBoston » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:30 pm

Anyone else get the letter and book from a professor yesterday via UPS?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

birD

Bronze

Post by birD » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:48 pm

Anyone else get the letter and book from a professor yesterday via UPS?
Yeah I did, I thought it was really nice of them

lic06003

New

Post by lic06003 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:55 pm

nikki33 wrote:
birD wrote:Hey looks like I am definitly going to Suffolk in the fall. Anyone else?
that's exciting! I am going to visit Feb. 24th, and will probably know right after that.. it is very high on my list
Is Feb 24 just a regular tour date? or is it for admitted students? I was trying to find an admitted students tour online, but I don't see it anywhere.

nikki33

New

Post by nikki33 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:56 pm

lic06003 wrote:
nikki33 wrote:
Is Feb 24 just a regular tour date? or is it for admitted students? I was trying to find an admitted students tour online, but I don't see it anywhere.
nope, just a date I decided to take a trip out there, I live about 4 hours away. I couldn't find an admitted students day either, maybe that info will come later? When I called admissions it didn't sound as if many/any other students would be touring with me, but it would be nice to attend an event with other prospective students. We will have to keep a look out for one

birD

Bronze

Post by birD » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:16 pm

nope, just a date I decided to take a trip out there, I live about 4 hours away. I couldn't find an admitted students day either, maybe that info will come later? When I called admissions it didn't sound as if many/any other students would be touring with me, but it would be nice to attend an event with other prospective students. We will have to keep a look out for one
On Feb 10th there is going to be a mock class with a tour afterward. I don't think it's just for admitted students but hopefully there will be a lot of perspective students going. I'm gonna go and check it out.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lic06003

New

Post by lic06003 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:42 pm

have any of you guys received schollys yet? if you did, did it arrive in the same letter?

mkr5u

New

Post by mkr5u » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:40 am

On Feb 10th there is going to be a mock class with a tour afterward. I don't think it's just for admitted students but hopefully there will be a lot of perspective students going. I'm gonna go and check it out.

Do you have any info on the mock class? I'd love to go--just got accepted yesterday.

birD

Bronze

Post by birD » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:10 pm

Do you have any info on the mock class? I'd love to go--just got accepted yesterday.
This is what it says on their website: Event: Mock Class featuring Professor Glannon
Please join us for a mock class with Professor Glannon on February 10 from 6 - 7 pm in room 295. RSVP to lawadm@suffolk.edu.

I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that there will be a tour following that as well

vjacks01

New

Post by vjacks01 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:26 pm

lic06003 wrote:have any of you guys received schollys yet? if you did, did it arrive in the same letter?

Got accepted almost two months ago but no schollarship letter...based on other schools I'm expecting some good $ from Sufflok, hopefully I'm not way off :/

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:48 pm

birD wrote:
Yeah I live in Boston and it has the most beautiful campus out of BC, BU, Northeastern, and NE law. It is in a brand new building right in the center of downtown Boston. It really is nice, you should definitely take a visit!
Nicer than BC, really? I have never seen Suffolk, but I love Newton Campus of BC.

birD

Bronze

Post by birD » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:40 pm

Nicer than BC, really? I have never seen Suffolk, but I love Newton Campus of BC.
I guess it depends on if you want to live in the city or suburbs. For city living standards suffolk is in an awesome location right in the heart of downtown in a beautiful new building. BC is in a residential area and in older (and IMHO more dumpy looking) buildings. BC is in creepyish religious looking buildings that bring me back to my catholic HS days. maybe it's just me but I didn't think it was that nice there. I also went to BC right before it started snowing so it looked kind of bleak and stark there so maybe I just visited at a bad time.

BCLS

Silver

Post by BCLS » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:58 pm

birD wrote:
I guess it depends on if you want to live in the city or suburbs. For city living standards suffolk is in an awesome location right in the heart of downtown in a beautiful new building. BC is in a residential area and in older (and IMHO more dumpy looking) buildings. BC is in creepyish religious looking buildings that bring me back to my catholic HS days. maybe it's just me but I didn't think it was that nice there. I also went to BC right before it started snowing so it looked kind of bleak and stark there so maybe I just visited at a bad time.
lol at hating on BC. Have fun at TTTT land.

As someone who does know Suffolk fairly well I will admit Suffolk has an amazing building.

birD

Bronze

Post by birD » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:08 pm

lol at hating on BC. Have fun at TTTT land.
haha yes. hating on BC helps me sleep better at night.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

orm518

Bronze

Post by orm518 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:40 pm

birD wrote:
This is what it says on their website: Event: Mock Class featuring Professor Glannon
Please join us for a mock class with Professor Glannon on February 10 from 6 - 7 pm in room 295. RSVP to lawadm@suffolk.edu.

I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that there will be a tour following that as well
At the risk of appearing like a forum troll and a gunner, all at once.... is anyone preparing/reading for the mock class? How "mock" will it be? Bringing a notebook (this seems reasonable)?

RSVP'd to the event this morning. Admitted to SULS with good merit $, at cost-benefit Suffolk might outweigh my other acceptances. Hopefully will meet some people at the event next week!

orm518

Bronze

Post by orm518 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:59 pm

Answered my own question. Got an email from Suffolk with an attached PDF from Prof. Glannon.
On the evening of Thursday, February 10, I will offer a sample Torts class to give you a taste of the first year law school experience. The class will be held in Room 295 in the Law School. It will begin at 6:00 p.m. and run for about one hour.
The law of torts is about holding actors liable for injuries they cause to others. Since the days of Oliver Wendell Holmes, torts have been conceptualized in three categories, depending on the type of "fault" required to prove them. These include intentional torts, negligence claims, and strict liability claims (which do not require fault to impose liability).
The most ancient of torts are the intentional torts. Intentional torts include (among others) assault, battery, false imprisonment, fraud, defamation, interference with contract, trespass, and others. To be liable for an intentional tort, the actor must have acted "intentionally." “Intentional” has a limited and rigorous meaning in this context.
To prepare for this class (it is law school, after all!), please read the opinion in Garrett v. Dailey, which is attached to this memo. The opinion is written by one of the Justices of the Washington [State] Supreme Court, explaining the court’s reasons for reversing the trial judge’s decision denying recovery to the plaintiff, Ruth Garrett.
http://www.law.suffolk.edu/admissions/d ... sClass.pdf

starlight007

New

Post by starlight007 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:57 am

Did everyone get the letter from financial aid about their priority deadline on March 1st or is this standard mailing for all applicants? I'm just wondering if I'm reading too much into it?

orm518

Bronze

Post by orm518 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:03 am

starlight007 wrote:Did everyone get the letter from financial aid about their priority deadline on March 1st or is this standard mailing for all applicants? I'm just wondering if I'm reading too much into it?
I got it yesterday. I assume it went out to either everyone or everyone that isn't already complete with forms. I was incomplete at the time, I just submitted the Need Access thing yesterday, which is the last thing I needed.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

starlight007

New

Post by starlight007 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:08 am

orm518 wrote:
starlight007 wrote:Did everyone get the letter from financial aid about their priority deadline on March 1st or is this standard mailing for all applicants? I'm just wondering if I'm reading too much into it?
I got it yesterday. I assume it went out to either everyone or everyone that isn't already complete with forms. I was incomplete at the time, I just submitted the Need Access thing yesterday, which is the last thing I needed.
Have you been accepted? I was just curious as I haven't received a decision from them as of yet but they sent this letter? I also still need to file my taxes in the next few weeks :/

orm518

Bronze

Post by orm518 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:27 am

starlight007 wrote:Have you been accepted?
Yeah, I got my decision about a month ago. Though, I wouldn't read too much into it, they need everyone to submit by March 1st and they do say to file and don't wait until you're accepted on their website. Sorry, Good luck though!

starlight007

New

Post by starlight007 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:40 am

orm518 wrote:
starlight007 wrote:Have you been accepted?
Yeah, I got my decision about a month ago. Though, I wouldn't read too much into it, they need everyone to submit by March 1st and they do say to file and don't wait until you're accepted on their website. Sorry, Good luck though!
Yes sorry if I read your prior posts I would have seen your acceptance lol sawry. Thanks for helping my neurotic confusion this morning!

auds1008

New

Post by auds1008 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:44 pm

hii.. looks like i will too be heading to Suffolk this fall.. anyhow.. am i supposed to receive some sort of confirmation after i sent in my letter of intent? i've already sent it in 2 weeks ago, but i have yet to receive anything.. anyone got anything so far?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”