CU - Boulder class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
bananeez

Bronze

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Post by bananeez » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:23 am

oldhippie wrote:aaaand it's official...seat deposit mailed today!! hope to see some of y'all at april 1 asd!!

Yay!! Congrats!!

oldhippie

Silver

Post by oldhippie » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:05 am

Maury Levy wrote:
oldhippie wrote:aaaand it's official...seat deposit mailed today!! hope to see some of y'all at april 1 asd!!
Nice!

What state are you transplanting from?
the "great" state of south carolina....SOOOO ready for mountains and seasons!!!!

bananeez

Bronze

Post by bananeez » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:02 pm

OldHip -- I didn't send in my deposit yet, but I signed a lease for an apartment in Boulder! :mrgreen: We're going to be classmates!

oldhippie

Silver

Post by oldhippie » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:06 pm

bananeez wrote:
OldHip -- I didn't send in my deposit yet, but I signed a lease for an apartment in Boulder! :mrgreen: We're going to be classmates!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i'm looking for a place now - having trouble because we want a lease that starts in july and most are either available right now or in august...but that'll be a fun problem to solve :D just nice to know where i'll be in a few months!
(hope you don't mind an "old lady" as a classmate :wink: )

bananeez

Bronze

Post by bananeez » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:15 pm

oldhippie wrote:
bananeez wrote:
i'm looking for a place now - having trouble because we want a lease that starts in july and most are either available right now or in august...but that'll be a fun problem to solve :D just nice to know where i'll be in a few months!
I'm THRILLED to be classmates with you, old lady, you. Let me know if you need any help with your apt. search, I'm happy to help. I know Boulder pretty well.

I also signed for a two-bedroom, so I'm going to still be searching for that perfect roommate... :wink:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:18 pm

bananeez wrote:
oldhippie wrote:
bananeez wrote:
I'm THRILLED to be classmates with you, old lady, you. Let me know if you need any help with your apt. search, I'm happy to help. I know Boulder pretty well.

I also signed for a two-bedroom, so I'm going to still be searching for that perfect roommate... :wink:
I am an excellent chef. I am a neat freak and have to clean just about everyday of the week, and I have a teacup yorkie with me.

Just saying.

oldhippie

Silver

Post by oldhippie » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:20 pm

thanks, bananeez - i may take you up on that once i have more info...it's hard to house-hunt from 2000 miles away!!

and it sounds like typ3 may be in the roommate running! i mean, a chef, a neat freak AND a teacup yorkie?

bananeez

Bronze

Post by bananeez » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:27 pm

typ3 wrote:
bananeez wrote:
oldhippie wrote:
bananeez wrote:

I am an excellent chef. I am a neat freak and have to clean just about everyday of the week, and I have a teacup yorkie with me.

Just saying.
Haha. You sound excellent. :D Unfortunately, my place doesn't allow dogs. :( . But I hope you live near me!!

LeDique

Diamond

Post by LeDique » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:27 pm

I've finally gotten to my mailbox - I got the 24/8/8 offer. Good enough to keep Colorado in the running.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Ashleys110

New

Post by Ashleys110 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:22 pm

Hey, I know there's already been at least one offer, but another never hurts. If anyone wants my insight on apartments, places on bus lines that go by the law school, where not to live, how to find and take the AB bus from DIA to campus, etc., I grew up in Boulder, went to UG at CU, took the bus everyday, and rode the AB bus about once every 2 months. PM me if you're curious!

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:51 pm

typ3 wrote:

Just saying.

When you change your mind and end up a Hawkeye, let me know. As long as your teacup yorkie can handle my two boys.

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:33 pm

chrisbru wrote:
typ3 wrote:

Just saying.

When you change your mind and end up a Hawkeye, let me know. As long as your teacup yorkie can handle my two boys.
haha

I'll let you know. Iowa is my #2. It's riding on whether the GF gets into a Colorado program. If not then it's off to Iowa.

oldhippie

Silver

Post by oldhippie » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:28 am

i just bought tickets to rockygrass for july (just for friday)...think i'm ready to move or what?!?!?! :D :D :D

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:25 pm

oldhippie wrote:i just bought tickets to rockygrass for july (just for friday)...think i'm ready to move or what?!?!?! :D :D :D
Fun! I'm ready to move too...sick of SoCal traffic.

Also, I want to see Arcade Fire in concert. They are playing at Coachella this year - hopefully I have time to go...

bananeez

Bronze

Post by bananeez » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:21 pm

queenlizzie13 wrote:
oldhippie wrote:i just bought tickets to rockygrass for july (just for friday)...think i'm ready to move or what?!?!?! :D :D :D
Fun! I'm ready to move too...sick of SoCal traffic.

Also, I want to see Arcade Fire in concert. They are playing at Coachella this year - hopefully I have time to go...

I also highly suggest that you guys go to a Red Rocks concert if it works with your schedule!

oldhippie

Silver

Post by oldhippie » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:23 pm

i just almost bought tix to the avett brothers, but i realized i may not actually be in colorado yet on 7/9 so i decided that it really would be ok to wait and i really will get another chance to see an awesome band at red rocks. but it is VERY high on the priority list, been wanting to do that for years and didn't realize i'd live so close someday :D :D

bananeez

Bronze

Post by bananeez » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:35 pm

oldhippie wrote:i just almost bought tix to the avett brothers, but i realized i may not actually be in colorado yet on 7/9 so i decided that it really would be ok to wait and i really will get another chance to see an awesome band at red rocks. but it is VERY high on the priority list, been wanting to do that for years and didn't realize i'd live so close someday :D :D
Yes! I'm thinking of going to that one!! I love Grace Potter.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

oldhippie

Silver

Post by oldhippie » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:39 pm

bananeez wrote:
oldhippie wrote:i just almost bought tix to the avett brothers, but i realized i may not actually be in colorado yet on 7/9 so i decided that it really would be ok to wait and i really will get another chance to see an awesome band at red rocks. but it is VERY high on the priority list, been wanting to do that for years and didn't realize i'd live so close someday :D :D
you are not helping convince me to not buy tickets!! :lol:

bananeez

Bronze

Post by bananeez » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:43 pm

oldhippie wrote:
bananeez wrote:
you are not helping convince me to not buy tickets!! :lol:
:D

The full summer line-up is not out yet, so you can probably get another one in... (or you can just move here early!)

oldhippie

Silver

Post by oldhippie » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:49 pm

i'm already moving a month early for absolutely no reason other than i want to PLAY when i get there!!! so what if we're losing a month of income and living off credit just so we can camp and hike and listen to music....responsibility is way overrated :wink:
(this coming from a 38 year old nutcase who is going back to school for the adventure of it all...some day i'm bound to grow up....)

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:15 pm

oldhippie wrote:i'm already moving a month early for absolutely no reason other than i want to PLAY when i get there!!! so what if we're losing a month of income and living off credit just so we can camp and hike and listen to music....responsibility is way overrated :wink:
(this coming from a 38 year old nutcase who is going back to school for the adventure of it all...some day i'm bound to grow up....)
I plan to move in at the end of July/first day of August if I go. I really want to go to a red rocks concert!!

Anyways I'm like 95% sure I will be at CU unless UNC gives me an offer I can't refuse.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

oldhippie

Silver

Post by oldhippie » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:21 pm

although i do love my tarheels - GO CU :D :D

bananeez

Bronze

Post by bananeez » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:29 pm

queenlizzie13 wrote:I plan to move in at the end of July/first day of August if I go. I really want to go to a red rocks concert!!

Anyways I'm like 95% sure I will be at CU unless UNC gives me an offer I can't refuse.
Yay!! :mrgreen:

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:14 pm

OHAIII! I'm joining TT, how did I not find it until now? I'm still undecided, but definitely leaning towards CU :) I have a few more visits to make, though.

I brought my lunch and already ate while working at my desk, so I think I'm going to drive up to Boulder and just kind of drive around. Weird? Maybe, but I don't have anything else to do and it only takes me about 12min to get there from work...

It needs to be April 1 ASAP!

oldhippie

Silver

Post by oldhippie » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:15 pm

krad wrote:OHAIII! I'm joining TT, how did I not find it until now? I'm still undecided, but definitely leaning towards CU :) I have a few more visits to make, though.

I brought my lunch and already ate while working at my desk, so I think I'm going to drive up to Boulder and just kind of drive around. Weird? Maybe, but I don't have anything else to do and it only takes me about 12min to get there from work...

It needs to be April 1 ASAP!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”