Columbia Law Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
ahduth

Gold

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Post by ahduth » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:47 pm

Verisimi wrote:
LinzerTorte wrote:Anyone else have Professor Burnett doing Chan Chae Ping v. US?

I AM EXCITE
+1. I can't believe that I have homework :) . This has probably already been discussed but what is everybody doing about the CLS/NYU overlap?
I'm going to leave Columbia at like 5 I think. The NYU schedule for Thursday sounds mostly like fluff, similar to CLS's on Wednesday:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 5#p4218863

But yeah, I was pretty psyched for the homework oddly. It's going to be fun going back to school. :D

moxiepostulate

Bronze

Post by moxiepostulate » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:10 pm

... I am ridiculously excited for ASW. I feel like Cinderella or some shiz.

Just in off of hold today. Over the past year it's been such a rollercoaster:

-MAYBE I have a chance.
(LSAT)
-I actually have a chance!
(cycle starts well)
-I am Totally getting in.
(HELD)
-Pff, well I'll probably still get in eventually.
(waiting)
-Really, I still have an okay shot at getting in...
(waiting)
-I mean, the holds ARE different this year...
(waiting)
-With decent numbers, maybe they just don't like me as a person?
(waiting)
-Who am I kidding? Stop looking at the website already...
(GUERRILLA ADMIT EMAIL!!!)

I'm actually really glad my ego got back in check before I was admitted. It makes all of this so much sweeter :) Pending something bizarre, this is it for my cycle. Woot!

For the assignment I've got Brown v. Board of Education (<3!) with Jamal Green. Anyone else? Also, do we just show up to whatever classes we'd like to sit in on? I fly in SUPER early, so I'm probably gonna hit up one of the morning classes.

PS. I LOVE that they mention leaving your bags at the office in the schedule email. Won't be able to get over to friend's place until later. Problem solved!

(edit)

bhan87

Silver

Post by bhan87 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:28 am

ahduth wrote:
Verisimi wrote:
LinzerTorte wrote:Anyone else have Professor Burnett doing Chan Chae Ping v. US?

I AM EXCITE
+1. I can't believe that I have homework :) . This has probably already been discussed but what is everybody doing about the CLS/NYU overlap?
I'm going to leave Columbia at like 5 I think. The NYU schedule for Thursday sounds mostly like fluff, similar to CLS's on Wednesday:

But yeah, I was pretty psyched for the homework oddly. It's going to be fun going
back to school. :D
Why does it have to be a Con Law case??? x.x I'd rather read an interesting tort case or a crazy crim law case

bendurnotes4me

New

Post by bendurnotes4me » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:55 am

moxiepostulate wrote:... I am ridiculously excited for ASW. I feel like Cinderella or some shiz.

-MAYBE I have a chance.
(LSAT)
(cycle starts well)
(HELD)
(waiting)
(waiting)
(waiting)
(waiting)

I'm actually really glad my ego got back in check before I was admitted. It makes all of this so much sweeter :) Pending something bizarre, this is it for my cycle. Woot!

For the assignment I've got Brown v. Board of Education (<3!) with Jamal Green. Anyone else? Also, do we just show up to whatever classes we'd like to sit in on? I fly in SUPER early, so I'm probably gonna hit up one of the morning classes.

PS. I LOVE that they mention leaving your bags at the office in the schedule email. Won't be able to get over to friend's place until later. Problem solved!

(edit)
Welcome!!! I also thought I was doomed - and you're right - it does make it that much sweeter :-)

Will you definitely be joining us in the fall?

moneko

Bronze

Post by moneko » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:33 am

ahduth wrote:
Verisimi wrote:

I AM EXCITE

But yeah, I was pretty psyched for the homework oddly. It's going to be fun going back to school. :D
+1 for everything. The most interesting thing NYU has lined up for thursday is the pizza/beer party :P
and yes! reading for the plane!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LinzerTorte

Silver

Post by LinzerTorte » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:47 am

moxiepostulate wrote:... I am ridiculously excited for ASW. I feel like Cinderella or some shiz.

-MAYBE I have a chance.
(LSAT)
(cycle starts well)
(HELD)
(waiting)
(waiting)
(waiting)
(waiting)

(edit)
Yay Moxie! I remember going :shock: :shock: :shock: at your numbers in the main CLS thread when you were held...happy to see you here!

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:41 pm

TLS CLS/NYU ASW #2 Survey

If you're attending either/both admitted students days this weekend
in Manhattan and might be interested in a TLS meet-up, please
fill out this quick survey. This is so last minute, but I figured there
might be interested people.

Form: https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewfor ... Q0dhRmc6MQ

Results: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CK_hnpQC

champsound

Bronze

Post by champsound » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:10 pm

Going to fly in REALLY early tomorrow. See you all there.

camelcrema

Bronze

Post by camelcrema » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:38 pm

champsound wrote:Going to fly in REALLY early tomorrow. See you all there.
Dude, if you're considering doing the red-eye....be careful. I did, and I started to doze off at the classes I was sitting in on. Take a sleeping pill on the plane or SOMETHING.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

starrydreamz3

Silver

Post by starrydreamz3 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:41 pm

So excited for tomorrow! Can't wait to meet some of you.

I forget the code phrase I had establised. I think it was like "This is a fine day in Morningside Heights" or something like that. Oh well.

daisyduke

Bronze

Post by daisyduke » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:26 pm

I will be there Thursday! and NYU Friday. I have a class I can't miss tomorrow :( See you all there!

moxiepostulate

Bronze

Post by moxiepostulate » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:01 pm

LinzerTorte wrote:
Yay Moxie! I remember going :shock: :shock: :shock: at your numbers in the main CLS thread when you were held...happy to see you here!

Thanks Linzer! I'm so excited to join you all. It's been a bizarre 24hrs. About to get on a redeye flight and I'm already sleep deprived, heh. Hopefully I'll be able to check the pm sometime tomorrow morning regarding the tls meetup. Crazy sauce.

Yay.

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:50 pm

TLS CLS/NYU ASW #2 Survey

Form: https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewfor ... Q0dhRmc6MQ

Results: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CK_hnpQC

So, here's an update: 32 (wow!) of you guys signed up to meet-up this week in the Big Apple.
I am in the process of making arrangements so that we can all meet on Thursday.
I will be sending a private PM to those who RSVP'd tonight, so be on look.
If you don't get the message, or didn't sign up until much later, send me a PM
and I will happily text you all of the details.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Kaitlyn

Bronze

Post by Kaitlyn » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:58 pm

Last edited by Kaitlyn on Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hobbes89

New

Post by Hobbes89 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:13 pm

This might be a silly question, but is anyone bringing a backpack/other sort of bag tomorrow? Or should I just bring myself.

vertex

Bronze

Post by vertex » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:14 pm

Hobbes89 wrote:This might be a silly question, but is anyone bringing a backpack/other sort of bag tomorrow? Or should I just bring myself.
I'm bringing a bag but only because I'm coming straight off a flight. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't bring anything.

EDIT: Good advice above about the redeye flights. I'm gonna pop 2 Benadryl before I board.

chasgoose

Silver

Post by chasgoose » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:34 pm

vertex wrote:
Hobbes89 wrote:This might be a silly question, but is anyone bringing a backpack/other sort of bag tomorrow? Or should I just bring myself.
I'm bringing a bag but only because I'm coming straight off a flight. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't bring anything.

EDIT: Good advice above about the redeye flights. I'm gonna pop 2 Benadryl before I board.
I wouldn't recommend 2 Benadryl. Even from like LAX-JFK those flights are NOT long enough. By the time the plane is in the air you have about 4-5 hours of flight time. Not enough for Benadryl in my opinion.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

vertex

Bronze

Post by vertex » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:52 pm

chasgoose wrote:
vertex wrote:

I wouldn't recommend 2 Benadryl. Even from like LAX-JFK those flights are NOT long enough. By the time the plane is in the air you have about 4-5 hours of flight time. Not enough for Benadryl in my opinion.
Oh boy. All I have is Benadryl and my flight is in an hour. This is gonna be rough.

redsoxfan2495

Bronze

Post by redsoxfan2495 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:58 pm

Anybody else planning on going to the admitted student event on Monday the 18th?

chasgoose

Silver

Post by chasgoose » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:05 am

vertex wrote:
chasgoose wrote:
vertex wrote:

Oh boy. All I have is Benadryl and my flight is in an hour. This is gonna be rough.
Well then you should be fine. Just either sleep the night before or get sleep after the flight. An hour flight is not enough for anything more than a nap. That's only like 30 minutes in the air.

kwais

Gold

Post by kwais » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:14 am

redsoxfan2495 wrote:Anybody else planning on going to the admitted student event on Monday the 18th?
Yes sir (or mam) I will be there from friday the 15th until tuesday the 19th. Wish I could be there for the longer programs but this is better than nothing.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:43 pm

Checking in here! Fill me in on the ASW since I just got in, so obviously I'm not there haha.

daisyduke

Bronze

Post by daisyduke » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:17 pm

law_monkey wrote:Checking in here! Fill me in on the ASW since I just got in, so obviously I'm not there haha.
Me too! I won't be there until tomorrow.

alphamoose

Bronze

Post by alphamoose » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:25 pm

Lem37

Bronze

Post by Lem37 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:12 pm

Oh my god, there were, like...40 of you admits in my apartment just now. Crazy! Hope you're all having a great day. :)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”