Transfer or not? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
PSNotToday

New

Transfer or not?

Post by PSNotToday » Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:04 am

I have a 2/3 scholarship at a T-40 ish school and accepted into Northwestern as a transfer. Worried about paying sticker.

I have larger than normal loans from undergrad and I’m a non traditional student. I am interested in big law, but not big law or bust. My main reason to transfer would be degree portability, but the difference in loans is over $100k. Plus Chicago is more expensive than my current school location and will eat up what emergency savings I have.

Is it worth it?

crazywafflez

Silver

Re: Transfer or not?

Post by crazywafflez » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:45 am

I think there's a lot at play here, and a lot of it is personal to you.

How much debt will you be in upon graduating? What are your career goals? Where do you want to practice? What're your grades at your current school?

Say you are at Emory. You want BL, but aren't BL or bust, you'll be 200k in debt from Emory upon graduation, and you want to practice in NY. At that point, I'd say transfer.

Same situation, but you want to be in Atlanta, and your total debt will be 125k upon graduation. Stick to Emory.

We'd need to know more about your goals in general, as well as debt level, to be able to help you more.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Re: Transfer or not?

Post by CanadianWolf » Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:52 pm

You need to name your current school in order to generate a solid response.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”