T4 to GULC Admitted Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
billxcarter

New

T4 to GULC Admitted

Post by billxcarter » Tue May 19, 2020 7:25 pm

Just some information here for fellow T4 transfer hopefuls to let you know that there IS hope of transferring to some T1 law schools. I am a student at a T4 law school and I have a few classmates who have successfully transferred to both UGA and GULC for the upcoming academic year. I am unsure of their exact stats but I know each of them were top 10%. So contrary to some of the advice I see here, if you are at a T4 with strong measurables, I would recommend a few reach applications to T1 law school.

decimalsanddollars

Bronze

Re: T4 to GULC Admitted

Post by decimalsanddollars » Wed May 20, 2020 10:18 am

I don't think anyone in your prior post said this couldn't or wouldn't happen; GULC and GW take TTTT transfers all the time. Most posters focused on the economic reality of transferring to schools that have just-okay placement rates in biglaw during one of the worst financial crises we've ever seen, especially as big firms are already trimming headcount and cutting pay.

That said, best of luck to you and congrats to your peers in transferring.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”