Living Situation at GULC Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Living Situation at GULC

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:58 am

Hey all..I was accepted in Georgetown in April.

Does anyone have any advice for living situation in DC? Are there any groups or forums, that anyone knows of, where these things are discussed?

TLSModBot

Diamond

Re: Living Situation at GULC

Post by TLSModBot » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:02 am

The GULC class of 2018 thread and the Bored GULC 3L Taking questions threads will get you some decent starting info.

Ultimately, it depends on what you value most: proximity to the school, proximity to nightlife/fun things, rent cost, or special accommodations like pets, etc.

doctoroflaw91

Bronze

Post by doctoroflaw91 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:33 am

I'm a student at GULC and I'm also a native to the D.C. area. Would be happy to help if I can.

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:38 am

inchipwetrust

New

Post by inchipwetrust » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:45 pm

I found this helpful, didn't end up living in one of these places b/c I had a spot open up in a buddy's place but if you click on finding a rental on left hand side you can search what you're looking for, in what price range & w/ a bunch of different filters. It also gives you a lot of data about cost of living and what not for DC, Northern VA or Southern MD. Hope that helps at least somewhat, seems more legit than searching on craigslist

https://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-l ... /index.cfm

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:58 pm

Silver Spring is a good option. I'm living at home this year to save money, but plan on doing Silver Spring for 3L and you can get a nice place for yourself a block or two from metro, and then it's just a few stops to GULC.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”