What Should I Do? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
hotwetman21

New

What Should I Do?

Post by hotwetman21 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:52 am

Just recieved my final grades. My school does not rank, but it seems like I will be right outside of top 20% for the whole year at TT. Have been accepted to Emory already, should I even bother sending my full transcript to schools like GW, Georgetown, Vandy, USC, WashU. Realistically aiming for Midlaw.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Re: What Should I Do?

Post by CanadianWolf » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:29 am

URM, top 25% or better should stand a good chance as a transfer applicant at your listed schools. As with most transfers, a primary consideration is COA at the new school if giving up scholarship money. Georgetown & maybe GWU offer need based financial aid to those who qualify.

hotwetman21

New

Post by hotwetman21 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:35 am

I'm not getting any money at my current school, but debt is not an issue. what do you think of Emory v. GW?

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:42 am

Depends upon the context. Regarding admissions, you should be able to gain admission. Regarding job placement, it depends upon where you want to live. Emory hires/subsidizes a large percentage of its graduates for the first year after graduation. This is not necessarily a bad practice, but you need to take Emory's employment/placement figures with that knowledge in mind.

Does GWU offer need based financial aid ? If so, that could be a positive factor when deciding between the two. Aim for Georgetown.

hotwetman21

New

Post by hotwetman21 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:44 am

Thanks a ton! Yea, Georgetown is my goal, but I seem to be on the outside of what they normally accept

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”