Transfers and Law Review Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Transfers and Law Review

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:53 am

I've heard that some (or at least one) T14 allows incoming transfers that were invited onto LR at their former schools to automatically join LR at the new school. But this is contrary to what I've read here on TLS. Can anyone definitively confirm or deny this? Thanks.

stillwater

Gold

Re: Transfers and Law Review

Post by stillwater » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:55 am

Anonymous User wrote:I've heard that some (or at least one) T14 allows incoming transfers that were invited onto LR at their former schools to automatically join LR at the new school. But this is contrary to what I've read here on TLS. Can anyone definitively confirm or deny this? Thanks.
The ones I am aware of allow it; it just never actually happens. So, theoretically possible, sure. Practical expectation? No.

BullShitWithBravado

Bronze

Post by BullShitWithBravado » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:21 pm

stillwater wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I've heard that some (or at least one) T14 allows incoming transfers that were invited onto LR at their former schools to automatically join LR at the new school. But this is contrary to what I've read here on TLS. Can anyone definitively confirm or deny this? Thanks.
The ones I am aware of allow it; it just never actually happens. So, theoretically possible, sure. Practical expectation? No.
Pretty much this. If you're thinking of transferring, you might want to contact each school's law review just in case. You should also inquire about whether transfers can get membership on a secondary journal, since that's much more common.

jbiresq

Bronze

Post by jbiresq » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:23 pm

Which T14 does this?

Journal stuff is very school specific. Some schools have transfer write-ons, others don't. Some allow you to do walk-ons to secondaries. The admissions websites will have most of the information you need.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”