law transfers

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
cherylann

law transfers

Postby cherylann » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:36 am

Ive read that law school applicants are down this year, and likeley the trend will continue 2013-14. I was just wondering how will this effect law school transfers....will there be more people that can transfer OR less OR remain about the same??

haus

Re: law transfers

Postby haus » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:51 am

As with most things I suspect that there is no hard fixed answer.

In large part I would suspect this to be driven by what steps did the school take to deal with the change. For those that kept class size stable by making offers to a wider range of students, they are less likely to have a large increase in open seats for transfers.

For those schools that fought to keep similar numbers and were willing to take in smaller a class to make this work, I would anticipate a greater interest in transfer or visiting students, espesially those who would be paying at or near sticker. Unless the school in question was able to cope with the loss of revenue with cost reductions in faculty or other large ticket items.

Return to “Transfers”