when/how does the dean (from current school) approach? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
summer937

New

when/how does the dean (from current school) approach?

Post by summer937 » Thu May 31, 2012 6:46 am

I am just wondering when the dean (or whoever in the scholarship committee?) at your current school tries to talk to you.
Is it after you tell the school that you got an admission from another school so that you won't be attending the current school from the following semester or even before you get an admission...? I am kinda wondering how they find out about their students transferring (does the registrar inform them in advance?)
thanks for any input!

Rkl88

New

Re: when/how does the dean (from current school) approach?

Post by Rkl88 » Thu May 31, 2012 7:46 am

I was emailed by the dean requesting a meeting several days after I put in a request for my transcripts to be sent to LSAC and a letter of good standing.

concurrent fork

Silver

Re: when/how does the dean (from current school) approach?

Post by concurrent fork » Thu May 31, 2012 8:19 am

summer937 wrote:I am just wondering when the dean (or whoever in the scholarship committee?) at your current school tries to talk to you.
Maybe never. No one from my old school tried to talk to me before I left. Schools seem to have different policies, but I was basically laughed at when I asked about a scholarship.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”