Above median at lower T14, chances at CLS/NYU/Penn? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
shure57

New

Above median at lower T14, chances at CLS/NYU/Penn?

Post by shure57 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:40 pm

I'm roughly top 40% at a lower T14 (DCNG). I have a very compelling reason to be near NYC. It's serious enough that if I can't transfer I will probably have to take a leave of absence. It seems like CLS and NYU will be a long shot, but how about Penn?

Also, should I even consider transferring to Fordham? I'm not really interested in private practice, but I'm still worried about job prospects. How will it look if I transferred down? Will non-OCI employers even have to know that I transferred?

thexfactor

Silver

Re: Above median at lower T14, chances at CLS/NYU/Penn?

Post by thexfactor » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:31 pm

shure57 wrote:I'm roughly top 40% at a lower T14 (DCNG). I have a very compelling reason to be near NYC. It's serious enough that if I can't transfer I will probably have to take a leave of absence. It seems like CLS and NYU will be a long shot, but how about Penn?

Also, should I even consider transferring to Fordham? I'm not really interested in private practice, but I'm still worried about job prospects. How will it look if I transferred down? Will non-OCI employers even have to know that I transferred?
Id rather take a year off than transfer to fordham from a T14. I think you should be able to get into Upenn if your above median. I'm not sure about CLS or NYU. Maybe if you improve your grades to top 1/3.

koalatriste

Bronze

Re: Above median at lower T14, chances at CLS/NYU/Penn?

Post by koalatriste » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:55 pm

As someone who transferred from DCN to CN, you're going to at least need top 1/4, preferably as close to top 15% as you can get, especially if you lack work experience - this is based off of the three DCN to CN transfers at my CN.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”