Transfer from T4 Part Time to T2/3 Full Time - Prospects? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
dturnbull87

New

Transfer from T4 Part Time to T2/3 Full Time - Prospects?

Post by dturnbull87 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:02 am

Last edited by dturnbull87 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Re: Transfer from T4 Part Time to T2/3 Full Time - Prospects?

Post by JamMasterJ » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:04 am

This is a horrible idea. Do not go to LS with the expectation of transferring

law4vus

Silver

Post by law4vus » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:06 am

Taking the LSAT again is 100 times easier than trying to transfer. Even if you have to take a year or two off in order to do it, it will still be easier.

To echo the other poster, NEVER go to law school expecting to transfer. No matter how smart you think you are or how well you think you'll do.

law4vus

Silver

Post by law4vus » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:08 am

Wait...you're already in law school? Then taking the LSAT again isn't going to help you and you're pretty much screwed unless you actually do get top 10% or so.

You're gambling with your life, bud. I hope you come out on the winning end.

patrickd139

Gold

Post by patrickd139 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:20 am

This is a horrible idea.

Coincidentally, this is also further evidence of why I wish the 0L ban on Transfer Forum participation applied to 1Ls before they get grades.

OP: Take your finals, see how you do. If that warrants transferring, so be it. I've been out of the transfer game for a while now, but IIRC, most schools require more than one PT semester of grades to consider you.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dturnbull87

New

Post by dturnbull87 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:11 pm

Last edited by dturnbull87 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:29 pm

dturnbull87 wrote:I have had time to date the only attractive women at the school.
Why are you asking TLS for advice? It's obvious we should be asking your advice seeing as how you're born and bred for success.

In all seriousness you answered your own questions about getting letters of rec done. But I don't know how you can estimate top 10% even at a TTTT. Why don't you wait for your grades and come back. I would be really interested to see.

patrickd139

Gold

Post by patrickd139 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:55 pm

dturnbull87 wrote:OP Update: All exams completed and I'm confident with studying past exams and thoroughly outlining my essay answers that I'll make top 10 %.

What should I be focusing on? I have four internships (30 hours total) next semester with 16 hours study time and 13 hours class time. I also plan to volunteer on Sundays. I attend school in Boston, and its not Harvard, BU, BC, Suffolk, or Northeastern if that helps preclude a "just focus on exams" mentality. The school is ranked in the Fourth Tier. I use two different hornbooks for every class and can predict each professors' and student's train of thought. Class is incredibly easy. The school barely exists on the map. No one has heard of it. Does anyone get the picture? I have had time to date the only attractive women at the school. Should I be focusing on getting letters of recommendation, networking, or? So far I have been able to go to 8 conferences this semester between DC and MA.

Should I take the LSAT again? With 59 hours a week I have time and I have the money. The courses here are extremely low-par.
OP: Your trolling? It sucks.

lawschoolgrapedme

Bronze

Post by lawschoolgrapedme » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:17 pm

dturnbull87 wrote:OP Update: All exams completed and I'm confident with studying past exams and thoroughly outlining my essay answers that I'll make top 10 %.

Should I take the LSAT again? With 59 hours a week I have time and I have the money. The courses here are extremely low-par.
I'll give you 9 to 1 odds you wont be. If you really were studying that hard, you wouldnt be here on TLS.

mountaintime

Bronze

Post by mountaintime » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:16 pm

edit: unhelpful

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”