University of Washington Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
CanadianDream83

New

University of Washington

Post by CanadianDream83 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:26 am

Has anyone heard back from UW yet? If so, what are your stats? Also, does anyone know if someone in top 15 percent from 50-60 would have a chance at transferring in? Thx in advance for any input!
Last edited by CanadianDream83 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CanadianDream83

New

Re: U. of Washington

Post by CanadianDream83 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:48 pm

Anyone?

seattlegirl

New

Post by seattlegirl » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:42 pm

I haven't heard anything from UW (other than to find out that I did not make it onto 2 of the journals...still waiting to hear about the other journals that I tried to write-onto as a transfer).

I know that UW was not going to start looking at applications until July 10th (their deadline) because that is what someone in the admissions office told me when I called them up earlier this month to verify that my file was complete. I think UW might be a little slower than other schools since they are on the quarter system and start in September, not August like most schools. This is just speculation though. :wink:

I have not received a status checker or anything, but like I said, they told me that I was complete. You might want to call to make sure that your application is complete.

Hope this helps. Good luck to you!

UHawaiiLaw

New

Post by UHawaiiLaw » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:06 pm

I haven't head anything yet, either. I would probably agree with SeattleGirl, that because UW is on a quarter system and school begins in September, they may take a bit longer to accept/deny transfers.

I am 15-20% from a tier 2 (Hawaii) and originally from Seattle but did not apply to UW for regular 1L admissions. From what I have heard from past transfer students, UW makes an effort to admit WA state residents as transfers.

Good luck to you both!

rorystewart

New

Post by rorystewart » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:19 pm

I was admitted in early July. Top 2% at T2. WA resident.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

whatdoyouthink

New

Post by whatdoyouthink » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:45 pm

Nothing yet.

CanadianDream83

New

Post by CanadianDream83 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:05 pm

Same. I spoke with them when I turned in my application in late June and was told they would have apps done in July. Maybe tomorrow? Good luck everyone!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”