Notre Dame Transfer? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
mike.alexander23

Bronze

Re: Notre Dame Transfer?

Post by mike.alexander23 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:04 pm

jmls1987 wrote:
mike.alexander23 wrote:thanks for the congrats! for those who have been admitted...how do you log into the admitted students page? what username do we use (i see the password on the status check page)?
Hey Mike...when is the seat deposit due? you went complete on Friday and got a decision today correct? I am still not complete because of a transcript being lost in mail (or misplaced). crappy undergrad ! Other than that...I have everything in and waiting
Yeah, July 15. My app went complete around 1pm (EST) on Friday June 28th. My transcripts were received on the 27th, however...my feeling is that they might have looked at my transcripts when they were recieved on the 27th, prior to my file being complete. Otherwise, I am not sure how they reviewed and made a decision in the 5-6 business hours after my app went complete (although i won't complain about the decision!)

But, it appears that their turn around time is relatively quick. Good luck, man!

And I am looking for off campus housing as well, although I cannot commit until I hear back from USC/UCLA

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:07 pm

mike.alexander23 wrote: Yeah, July 15. My app went complete around 1pm (EST) on Friday June 28th. My transcripts were received on the 27th, however...my feeling is that they might have looked at my transcripts when they were recieved on the 27th, prior to my file being complete. Otherwise, I am not sure how they reviewed and made a decision in the 5-6 business hours after my app went complete (although i won't complain about the decision!)

But, it appears that their turn around time is relatively quick. Good luck, man!

And I am looking for off campus housing as well, although I cannot commit until I hear back from USC/UCLA
Just come to ND, we have cookies!

mike.alexander23

Bronze

Post by mike.alexander23 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:10 pm

kyle010723 wrote:
mike.alexander23 wrote: Yeah, July 15. My app went complete around 1pm (EST) on Friday June 28th. My transcripts were received on the 27th, however...my feeling is that they might have looked at my transcripts when they were recieved on the 27th, prior to my file being complete. Otherwise, I am not sure how they reviewed and made a decision in the 5-6 business hours after my app went complete (although i won't complain about the decision!)

Just come to ND, we have cookies!
what a sales pitch 8)

jmls1987

Bronze

Post by jmls1987 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:20 pm

kyle010723 wrote:July 15th I think, but its due NOW if you want to participe in EIW
Shit....so if I do get accepted...I won't be able to participate in EIW?

mike.alexander23

Bronze

Post by mike.alexander23 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:22 pm

jmls1987 wrote:
kyle010723 wrote:July 15th I think, but its due NOW if you want to participe in EIW
Shit....so if I do get accepted...I won't be able to participate in EIW?
anyone have an official link or something pointing to the EIW deadline? and is it utterly worthless to accept the offer if I can't participate in EIW?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

h2oplyer7

Bronze

Post by h2oplyer7 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:26 pm

kyle010723 wrote:Out of curiousity, I still haven't recieve my snail mail package. Anything worthwhile in there? i.e. should I ask ND to send another copy?
Yes, you will want the package. There is some good stuff in there. A lot of info on apartments, the school, the library and tons of other stuff you probably have questions about. Plus, there is a lot of contact info. I have been sending emails all day.

Also, you get a sweet Notre Dame Law sticker. :)

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:28 pm

mike.alexander23 wrote:
jmls1987 wrote:Shit....so if I do get accepted...I won't be able to participate in EIW?
anyone have an official link or something pointing to the EIW deadline? and is it utterly worthless to accept the offer if I can't participate in EIW?
Bidding deadline for EIW is July 15th at Midnight (its on symplicity, and your acceptance email should say that too).

It is not worthless even if you dont participate in EIW, you can participate in regular OCI. Its just that you will miss out on a bunch of oppurtunities.

If I were you Mike, I might consider depositing at ND now so you can bid on EIW, and if you get in UCLA/USC later, you lose your deposite and go to whichever school you want to go to.

mike.alexander23

Bronze

Post by mike.alexander23 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:40 pm

kyle010723 wrote:
mike.alexander23 wrote:
jmls1987 wrote:Shit....so if I do get accepted...I won't be able to participate in EIW?
Bidding deadline for EIW is July 15th at Midnight (its on symplicity, and your acceptance email should say that too).

It is not worthless even if you dont participate in EIW, you can participate in regular OCI. Its just that you will miss out on a bunch of oppurtunities.

If I were you Mike, I might consider depositing at ND now so you can bid on EIW, and if you get in UCLA/USC later, you lose your deposite and go to whichever school you want to go to.
You make good points and that is probably what I will eventually do.

By the way...this acceptance email...nothing has come yet...just my status checker update...does it usually take time?

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:42 pm

mike.alexander23 wrote: By the way...this acceptance email...nothing has come yet...just my status checker update...does it usually take time?
My email came few hours after status, but if you dont recieve one by say 4:30, call them? just say you noticed on the status checker that you were accepted but recieved no further communication, want to "make sure" that its not a mistake, and ask them about EIW while you're at it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mike.alexander23

Bronze

Post by mike.alexander23 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:44 pm

kyle010723 wrote:
mike.alexander23 wrote: By the way...this acceptance email...nothing has come yet...just my status checker update...does it usually take time?
My email came few hours after status, but if you dont recieve one by say 4:30, call them? just say you noticed on the status checker that you were accepted but recieved no further communication, want to "make sure" that its not a mistake, and ask them about EIW while you're at it.
thanks for the help, man! will do.

mike.alexander23

Bronze

Post by mike.alexander23 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:02 pm

So I called admissions and eventually got the acceptance email. Per the email, the deadline to bid on the first round of interviews is July 5!! :shock: I might have to eat the deposit and accept so that I don't miss out on any opportunities

h2oplyer7

Bronze

Post by h2oplyer7 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:41 pm

mike.alexander23 wrote:So I called admissions and eventually got the acceptance email. Per the email, the deadline to bid on the first round of interviews is July 5!! :shock: I might have to eat the deposit and accept so that I don't miss out on any opportunities

Oh come on, just pay and join the Irish already. UCLA is great, but do they have snow (lots of freezing snow) in the winter? ;)

mike.alexander23

Bronze

Post by mike.alexander23 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:43 pm

h2oplyer7 wrote:
mike.alexander23 wrote:So I called admissions and eventually got the acceptance email. Per the email, the deadline to bid on the first round of interviews is July 5!! :shock: I might have to eat the deposit and accept so that I don't miss out on any opportunities

Oh come on, just pay and join the Irish already. UCLA is great, but do they have snow (lots of freezing snow) in the winter? ;)
I was about to accept based on cookies alone...but I overlooked the winter season(s) :shock:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:54 pm

I'll also throw in an imaginary girlfriend from Hawai'i if that helps ;)

h2oplyer7

Bronze

Post by h2oplyer7 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:00 pm

kyle010723 wrote:I'll also throw in an imaginary girlfriend from Hawai'i if that helps ;)
You went there! :lol:

mike.alexander23

Bronze

Post by mike.alexander23 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:09 pm

yeah, i'll probably pay the deposit mid-week before i head off for the holiday weekend. so i will be a semi ND student with you guys for a while, at least!

by the way, good luck to all still waiting and I hope your decision is quick!

jmls1987

Bronze

Post by jmls1987 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:46 pm

mike.alexander23 wrote:yeah, i'll probably pay the deposit mid-week before i head off for the holiday weekend. so i will be a semi ND student with you guys for a while, at least!

Thanks for all the info you provided. July 5th is coming pretty quick ! crossing my fingers I get in soon. GL all waiting with me. Also, thanks to everyone else that has provided information on their acceptances. Much appreciated!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mike.alexander23

Bronze

Post by mike.alexander23 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:57 pm

jmls1987 wrote:
mike.alexander23 wrote:yeah, i'll probably pay the deposit mid-week before i head off for the holiday weekend. so i will be a semi ND student with you guys for a while, at least!

Thanks for all the info you provided. July 5th is coming pretty quick ! crossing my fingers I get in soon. GL all waiting with me. Also, thanks to everyone else that has provided information on their acceptances. Much appreciated!
of course, man. we hope to see you on the other side

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:38 pm

Interesting how there's only four of us. Granted ND is not a T14, but Id think more people at least applied.

h2oplyer7

Bronze

Post by h2oplyer7 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:59 pm

kyle010723 wrote:Interesting how there's only four of us. Granted ND is not a T14, but Id think more people at least applied.
Well, I am not complaining. The less transfer applications means more for us. :) I have not withdrawn my applications to UCLA or GW (just out of the curiosity of getting in), but I know I belong at Notre Dame. UCLA and WUSTL would be free for me, with my Yellow Ribbon. Notre Dame is not free, but I want Notre Dame.

I am sooo happy I can sit back and enjoy my summer knowing I will be in South Bend in the fall. :)

mike.alexander23

Bronze

Post by mike.alexander23 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:02 pm

h2oplyer7 wrote:
kyle010723 wrote:Interesting how there's only four of us. Granted ND is not a T14, but Id think more people at least applied.
Well, I am not complaining. The less transfer applications means more for us. :) I have not withdrawn my applications to UCLA or GW (just out of the curiosity of getting in), but I know I belong at Notre Dame. UCLA and WUSTL would be free for me, with my Yellow Ribbon. Notre Dame is not free, but I want Notre Dame.

I am sooo happy I can sit back and enjoy my summer knowing I will be in South Bend in the fall. :)
Withdraw your app from ucla to help me ;)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:26 pm

h2oplyer7 wrote:I am sooo happy I can sit back and enjoy my summer knowing I will be in South Bend in the fall. :)
Enjoy your summer while you can, winter is coming

jmls1987

Bronze

Post by jmls1987 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:40 pm

h2oplyer7 wrote:

Are you sure an acceptance from UCLA won't make you think twice about ND? That would be a difficult decision !

h2oplyer7

Bronze

Post by h2oplyer7 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:44 pm

I grew up as a UCLA fan, and my fiancee and family live in SoCal. That being said, I really don't care for Los Angeles, even though I am a die hard Dodgers and Lakers fan.

I love Notre Dame! I love the school and love its size.

Anyways, for me it is not a difficult decision. However, UCLA is a beautiful school with a great reputation. I totally understand. Most of my family thinks I am wrong, but I know I want to end up in the midwest.

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:52 pm

If you know you want to be in the midwest in the long run, ND > UCLA, but if you want soCal, UCLA/USC > ND

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”