Chicago ED/General Questions

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
NarwhalPunter

Chicago ED/General Questions

Postby NarwhalPunter » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:04 pm

I was fortunate enough to land in the top 1-3% at my T1 first semester and am contemplating Chicago ED. Some questions:

1) For LOR's- Chicago (and several other schools I've looked at) require 2 letters of recommendation, with at least one needing to come from a law professor. For those of you who successfully transferred up in past cycles- what were the sources of your LOR's? Did you do both from law profs? Or one from a law prof and resubmit an old LOR from the previous year (previous employer, etc.)? Or one from a law prof and a brand new one from an outside source?

2) Columbia and some other schools have quite the laundry list of forms that they want submitted. If I opt against Chicago ED, do schools such as Columbia require that all of this paperwork be submitted before they will consider your app? Or is this mountain of paperwork something that just needs to be submitted before matriculation if accepted? I am referring specifically to things like dean's certs from undergrad schools, etc.

Any other general advice or insight is welcome. I've been a longtime lurker on this forum and remember reading about ToTransferOrNot's Chicago ED experience. If he or anyone else who has been through the process wants to chime in I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance.

Return to “Transfers”