Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
JackRyan2005

New

Re: Official 2010 Transfer Cycle Results Thread

Post by JackRyan2005 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:31 am

willnumber85 wrote:Just got accepted to GW this morning via e-mail!!!
Same here! Very excited. Only waiting on GULC. Can't believe that yesterday I was planning on graduating with a TTT degree and today I plan on graduating with a T20 degree. So awesome.

For the record: TTT in the Northeast, top 5-10%
Last edited by JackRyan2005 on Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

interalia

New

Post by interalia » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:42 am

Hamilton wrote:Just submitted my applications:

~Top 3-5% T15-25 School. Apps sent to Harvard & Chicago.

Do I have a decent shot and/or can I also expect to hear in early July if I just submitted today?
Extremely good chance at Chicago, probably hear July 3 or so. If the school is 15-17, I'd say you have a quite strong chance at Harvard.

Danteshek

Gold

Post by Danteshek » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:26 pm

JackRyan2005 wrote:
Same here! Very excited. Only waiting on GULC. Can't believe that yesterday I was planning on graduating with a TTT degree and today I plan on graduating with a T20 degree. So awesome.
I also applied to GW from TTT (in CA), but I'm probably not getting in (only top 20%). I am working in Washington DC this summer though (SEC). I wonder if that will count for anything. Now that I know they are admitting people en mass, it seems pretty safe to assume I won't be hearing good news.

transplantedbuckeye

Bronze

Post by transplantedbuckeye » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:47 pm

Danteshek wrote: I also applied to GW from TTT (in CA), but I'm probably not getting in (only top 20%). I am working in Washington DC this summer though (SEC). I wonder if that will count for anything. Now that I know they are admitting people en mass, it seems pretty safe to assume I won't be hearing good news.
Well, the admissions office told me they just started reviewing files and I should know by next week at the latest . Take it for what it's worth.

Danteshek

Gold

Post by Danteshek » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:03 pm

transplantedbuckeye wrote:
Danteshek wrote: I also applied to GW from TTT (in CA), but I'm probably not getting in (only top 20%). I am working in Washington DC this summer though (SEC). I wonder if that will count for anything. Now that I know they are admitting people en mass, it seems pretty safe to assume I won't be hearing good news.
Well, the admissions office told me they just started reviewing files and I should know by next week at the latest . Take it for what it's worth.
How much time do accepted candidates have to accept the offer? I imagine most strong transfer applicants to GW are also applying to GULC etc (I'm not)... Do you think there will be more than one "wave" of acceptances?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

transplantedbuckeye

Bronze

Post by transplantedbuckeye » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:17 pm

Danteshek wrote:
transplantedbuckeye wrote:
How much time do accepted candidates have to accept the offer? I imagine most strong transfer applicants to GW are also applying to GULC etc (I'm not)... Do you think there will be more than one "wave" of acceptances?
I have no idea...didn't ask. I am guessing most decisions will be made in the time frame the office gave me, with maybe a few more as deposits and such come in. Good luck.

solidsnake

Silver

Post by solidsnake » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:22 pm

Update:

Complete at SLS; they told me that I should expect to hear back in mid-to-late july and that I am welcome to call back before then to stay in touch.

Found out today from HLS that my LS dean's LoGS (with my official class rank), while "helpful," doesn't answer the specific questions on their cert form, so now I need to get my LS to complete and send HLS's form, which my LS ignored the first time, choosing instead to send a photocopied LoGS. I can't complete my file or go under review until HLS receives this one last form.

CLS/NYU said they are "processing" my app and to call back next week. CLS also told me that the online status checker was "useless" and that it takes a couple weeks to reflect any updates to an applicant's file. UChi still has the same "app on hold: 5/17" message.

And radio silence from YLS.

Feeling stressed, to say the least.

concurrent fork

Silver

Post by concurrent fork » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:24 pm

solidsnake wrote:Update:

Complete at SLS; they told me that I should expect to hear back in mid-to-late july and that I am welcome to call back before then to stay in touch.

Found out today from HLS that my LS dean's LoGS (with my official class rank), while "helpful," doesn't answer the specific questions on their cert form, so now I need to get my LS to complete and send HLS's form, which my LS ignored the first time, choosing instead to send a photocopied LoGS. I can't complete my file or go under review until HLS receives this one last form.

CLS/NYU said they are "processing" my app and to call back next week. CLS also told me that the online status checker was "useless" and that it takes a couple weeks to reflect any updates to an applicant's file. UChi still has the same "app on hold: 5/17" message.

And radio silence from YLS.

Feeling stressed, to say the least.
I am in the same situation. My LS botched some of the cert forms and now I have to walk them through exactly what is required. Definitely feeling under the gun now.

Don't they deal with these same forms every year?

samiseaborn

Bronze

Post by samiseaborn » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:33 pm

Did these schools let you know that there were problems with the form, or did you have to call them first? (Trying to decide when to start making phonecalls...)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Hopinglaw

New

Post by Hopinglaw » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:38 pm

Question: when do people usually hear from Stanford or Harvard about transferring, does anyone know?

phishskier41

New

Post by phishskier41 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:18 pm

For those who got into GW did you know when you went complete? how fast was the turnaround?

JackRyan2005

New

Post by JackRyan2005 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:25 pm

phishskier41 wrote:For those who got into GW did you know when you went complete? how fast was the turnaround?
Applied around the 12th/13th, emailed them to make sure they had all my stuff on the 16th, 17th they emailed me back saying I was complete, accepted today. FYI I had deans cert./letter of good standing/transcript sent from school directly to GW before I sent the actual app in through LSAC.

kings84_wr

Silver

Post by kings84_wr » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:21 pm

Hopinglaw wrote:Question: when do people usually hear from Stanford or Harvard about transferring, does anyone know?
3rd week of july

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:15 pm

I know we are in the calm before the storm period and it will all pour on us in a few weeks, but man, this waiting is hard. Sure, waiting for decisions before was hard, especially considering the much longer wait time, but this time I really mean it when I say I will feel MUCH better if/when I get my first acceptance. I really only applied to schools I'd like to attend this time, so I won't have to sit there with acceptances from schools I'm not very fond of knowing I will have to go due to $$ reasons. C'mon, someone accept me.......please? :wink:

megaTTTron

Silver

Post by megaTTTron » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:28 pm

A'nold wrote:I know we are in the calm before the storm period and it will all pour on us in a few weeks, but man, this waiting is hard. Sure, waiting for decisions before was hard, especially considering the much longer wait time, but this time I really mean it when I say I will feel MUCH better if/when I get my first acceptance. I really only applied to schools I'd like to attend this time, so I won't have to sit there with acceptances from schools I'm not very fond of knowing I will have to go due to $$ reasons. C'mon, someone accept me.......please? :wink:
A'nold, can you give us a quick status report on where your apps are and your decisions so far (for those of us who wish to follow along).

stinger35

Silver

Post by stinger35 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:49 pm

megaTTTron wrote:
A'nold wrote:I know we are in the calm before the storm period and it will all pour on us in a few weeks, but man, this waiting is hard. Sure, waiting for decisions before was hard, especially considering the much longer wait time, but this time I really mean it when I say I will feel MUCH better if/when I get my first acceptance. I really only applied to schools I'd like to attend this time, so I won't have to sit there with acceptances from schools I'm not very fond of knowing I will have to go due to $$ reasons. C'mon, someone accept me.......please? :wink:
A'nold, can you give us a quick status report on where your apps are and your decisions so far (for those of us who wish to follow along).
+1

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:59 pm

Haha, thanks for the support guys. The good news is that a few schools have hinted that they might look more closely at my section rank or at least were curious to hear about the enormous difference b/w the curves (my section rank is pretty dang good).

Put in apps at the following schools and should be complete almost everywhere by Friday (I have not received a decision from anyone yet):

Berkeley (go holistic approach!)
Michigan (c'mon miracle!)
Duke
GULC
UCLA
Vanderbilt
WUSTL
Minnesota
Emory
Notre Dame
UW-Seattle
UC Hastings
UC Irvine (sent my packet out recently)

I really do mean it when I say that I'd be thrilled to get into any of these schools. The only school I'm a little sketcy about is Hastings, only b/c of the enormous price tage and unbelievably expensive COL. I still really love the school though.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

megaTTTron

Silver

Post by megaTTTron » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:16 pm

A'nold wrote:Haha, thanks for the support guys. The good news is that a few schools have hinted that they might look more closely at my section rank or at least were curious to hear about the enormous difference b/w the curves (my section rank is pretty dang good).

Put in apps at the following schools and should be complete almost everywhere by Friday (I have not received a decision from anyone yet):

Duke
GULC
UCLA
Vanderbilt
WUSTL
Minnesota
Emory
Notre Dame
UW-Seattle
UC Hastings

I really do mean it when I say that I'd be thrilled to get into any of these schools. The only school I'm a little sketcy about is Hastings, only b/c of the enormous price tage and unbelievably expensive COL. I still really love the school though.
Yea. Screw Hastings. But UCI is tight. I didn't realize they were accepting transfer apps. Now that is an amazing location.

solidsnake

Silver

Post by solidsnake » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:24 pm

A'nold wrote:Haha, thanks for the support guys. The good news is that a few schools have hinted that they might look more closely at my section rank or at least were curious to hear about the enormous difference b/w the curves (my section rank is pretty dang good).

Duke
GULC
UCLA
Vanderbilt
WUSTL
Minnesota
Emory
Notre Dame
UW-Seattle
UC Hastings

Good luck, broseph. Which schools were willing to isolate out section rank? That's a pretty favorable quant.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:34 pm

solidsnake wrote:

Duke
GULC
UCLA
Vanderbilt
WUSTL
Minnesota
Emory
Notre Dame
UW-Seattle
UC Hastings

Good luck, broseph. Which schools were willing to isolate out section rank? That's a pretty favorable quant.
Thanks for the good luck shout out. You too man, can't wait to hear about your HY acceptances. :)

The schools I mentioned didn't actually come out and tell me they would look hard at my section rank. It's just a feeling I got from talking to some of them about it and from the questions they asked past just me bringing it up. Who knows though.

solidsnake

Silver

Post by solidsnake » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:46 pm

A'nold wrote:
solidsnake wrote:

Duke
GULC
UCLA
Vanderbilt
WUSTL
Minnesota
Emory
Notre Dame
UW-Seattle
UC Hastings

Thanks for the good luck shout out. You too man, can't wait to hear about your HY acceptances. :)

The schools I mentioned didn't actually come out and tell me they would look hard at my section rank. It's just a feeling I got from talking to some of them about it and from the questions they asked past just me bringing it up. Who knows though.
Then run with that intuition. The PS ultimately is a persuasive-writing piece. So pimp any and all strengths you have and how those strengths contribute to the new voice your presence will bring. A point all the more salient if your hard numbers are marginal.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JR233270

New

Post by JR233270 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:01 am

Congrats!!

...I wish I hadn't seen this. Now I'm nervous knowing that I wasn't in the initial acceptance wave.

underwhere759

New

Post by underwhere759 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:20 am

Congrats to those in at GW so far.

I got in via email a couple days ago, and received the official package yesterday.
It was my dream school first time around so I am really happy things worked out.

transferplease

New

Post by transferplease » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:37 am

underwhere759 wrote:Congrats to those in at GW so far.

I got in via email a couple days ago, and received the official package yesterday.
It was my dream school first time around so I am really happy things worked out.

Congrats! I havent heard a word. I will continue to pray that I'm in as well. Again congrats!

ZXCVBNM

Bronze

Post by ZXCVBNM » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:59 pm

betasteve wrote:
12(b)(6) wrote:Does anyone know if Harvard does phone interviews for transfers?
Bumping this question.
i could be wrong but i heard second hand that they don't

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”