Top 10% @ Rutgers Camden...transfer prospects? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
romothesavior

Diamond

Re: Top 10% @ Rutgers Camden...transfer prospects?

Post by romothesavior » Sun May 30, 2010 4:02 pm

thesealocust wrote:
yabbadabbado wrote:I really think the mods need to edit/delete all these 0L transfer threads, and point these people to a FAQ thread that says planning to transfer is a very bad idea.
+10,000
TBF, I don't think there is anything wrong with curiosity on this issue. I LOVE Wash U and I would be really happy graduating from there (and I plan to graduate from there), but I would still be interested in what it would take to transfer to HYS and CCN. Just asking the question does not mean a person is intent on transferring, and not all of these types of questions deserve to hear the, "ONLY GO TO A SCHOOL YOU WOULD BE HAPPY GRADUATING FROM!" response. Perhaps OP, like myself, is just curious. As long as a person recognizes that transferring up (especially from a T1) is just a pipe dream, then there is nothing wrong with looking into it... if anything, it will just make them work harder, and that can't be a bad thing.

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Sun May 30, 2010 4:29 pm

romothesavior wrote:
thesealocust wrote:
yabbadabbado wrote:I really think the mods need to edit/delete all these 0L transfer threads, and point these people to a FAQ thread that says planning to transfer is a very bad idea.
+10,000
TBF, I don't think there is anything wrong with curiosity on this issue. I LOVE Wash U and I would be really happy graduating from there (and I plan to graduate from there), but I would still be interested in what it would take to transfer to HYS and CCN. Just asking the question does not mean a person is intent on transferring, and not all of these types of questions deserve to hear the, "ONLY GO TO A SCHOOL YOU WOULD BE HAPPY GRADUATING FROM!" response. Perhaps OP, like myself, is just curious. As long as a person recognizes that transferring up (especially from a T1) is just a pipe dream, then there is nothing wrong with looking into it... if anything, it will just make them work harder, and that can't be a bad thing.

Creditedddd. Thank god

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Sun May 30, 2010 4:34 pm

romothesavior wrote:
thesealocust wrote:
+10,000
While I agree with the sentiment, I get the feeling that a vast majority of those who post these are not merely curious.

bigben

Silver

Post by bigben » Mon May 31, 2010 1:06 am

andyman wrote:
bigben wrote:Totally, you can transfer into a T14 with some decent grades. Check out the yahoo transferapps group. Also this is a good way to save some money, you can go to a lower ranked school on scholly then just transfer up to HYS after 1L.
Thanks ben. But doesn't your advice violate the FORBIDDEN RULE of not going into a law school with the intent of transferring?
Yes, but fortunately that rule is forbidden so it's okay to violate it.

RP1983

Bronze

Post by RP1983 » Mon May 31, 2010 2:56 pm

A'nold wrote:
andyman wrote:So i'm guessing top 5% at RU-Camden would be sufficient for Columbia, and NYU? What about Harvard?

Any chance at YLS at top 1% just out of curiosity? (bite my tongue!)
I'd probably say no to all of HYS even if you are the #1 student in the class. One of the top students at your school could probably get Columbia/NYU but it's still not a given.
If you are number 1 at rutgers, Id say its almost automatic that you'd get into NYU or Columbia. You'd have a decent shot at HYS.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”