Official Georgetown EA thread Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
bkthunder

Bronze

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Post by bkthunder » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:16 pm

A'nold wrote:It seems like I am so on the margins that I should use all the help I can get. Do you guys think it makes a difference? Maybe a little better odds?
I don't think there's any way it could hurt your chances. If there are a certain number of FT and PT spots, and FT is full but PT is not, and you've applied to FT and PT, you would have a chance of being placed in one of the open PT spots whereas someone who just put FT would probably be rejected/waitlisted (I have no idea how the waitlist works for your scenario)

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:41 pm

bkthunder wrote:
A'nold wrote:It seems like I am so on the margins that I should use all the help I can get. Do you guys think it makes a difference? Maybe a little better odds?
I don't think there's any way it could hurt your chances. If there are a certain number of FT and PT spots, and FT is full but PT is not, and you've applied to FT and PT, you would have a chance of being placed in one of the open PT spots whereas someone who just put FT would probably be rejected/waitlisted (I have no idea how the waitlist works for your scenario)
That would be really, really cool. I would take pt GULC over top of the class, full time at my school any day of the week.

Bankhead

Silver

Post by Bankhead » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:43 pm

A'nold wrote:
bkthunder wrote:
That would be really, really cool. I would take pt GULC over top of the class, full time at my school any day of the week.
Well then you've certainly made the right decision.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:54 pm

Bankhead wrote:
A'nold wrote:
bkthunder wrote:
Well then you've certainly made the right decision.
Thanks, I hope so.

Client8

New

Post by Client8 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:04 pm

Class rank: 7%
School Ranking: 50's-60's

Good luck all; all my stuff is also submitted. The certification was kind of an obstacle because it's the only one not included in the LSAC submission. Crossing fingers for all us TLS potential admits!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:53 pm

Client8 wrote:Class rank: 7%

Good luck all; all my stuff is also submitted. The certification was kind of an obstacle because it's the only one not included in the LSAC submission. Crossing fingers for all us TLS potential admits!
Good luck!

Were/are any of you paranoid to ask for LOR's or get the Deans Certification before 2nd semester finals? I got so many strange looks like, "Transfer? Srsly? You think you're too good for this school/think you can do better?" My school is VERY small and word gets around quickly, plus the law community (faculty and such) are very tight knit. I feel like I am going to get straight C's and B-'s this time or something, lol.

Client8

New

Post by Client8 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:14 pm

A'nold wrote:

Good luck!

Were/are any of you paranoid to ask for LOR's or get the Deans Certification before 2nd semester finals? I got so many strange looks like, "Transfer? Srsly? You think you're too good for this school/think you can do better?" My school is VERY small and word gets around quickly, plus the law community (faculty and such) are very tight knit. I feel like I am going to get straight C's and B-'s this time or something, lol.
Thanks A'nold. LOL, yeah i agree. I haven't told a lot of people, but it seems the entire class knows, or maybe my paranoia whenever someone stares at me longer than usual. Profs were pretty open actually. One who wrote mine was a bit hesitant though, but most profs have incentive to keep good students at the school. On the other hand, a select few realize the importance of going to a significantly better school: they themselves, majority at least, went to great schools.

Lawl Shcool

Silver

Post by Lawl Shcool » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:18 pm

Client8 wrote:
A'nold wrote:

Good luck!

Thanks A'nold. LOL, yeah i agree. I haven't told a lot of people, but it seems the entire class knows, or maybe my paranoia whenever someone stares at me longer than usual. Profs were pretty open actually. One who wrote mine was a bit hesitant though, but most profs have incentive to keep good students at the school. On the other hand, a select few realize the importance of going to a significantly better school: they themselves, majority at least, went to great schools.
My profs were cool about, as all of them went to schools ranked higher than GULC. The sentiment has been that no person will fault you for keeping your options open and pursuing a good school, they just want a chance to convince you to stay.

bkthunder

Bronze

Post by bkthunder » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:03 pm

A'nold wrote:
Client8 wrote: Were/are any of you paranoid to ask for LOR's or get the Deans Certification before 2nd semester finals? I got so many strange looks like, "Transfer? Srsly? You think you're too good for this school/think you can do better?" My school is VERY small and word gets around quickly, plus the law community (faculty and such) are very tight knit. I feel like I am going to get straight C's and B-'s this time or something, lol.
Definitely was paranoid about going to the registrar's office and asking for the rec letter. As soon as I e-mailed my career advisor about transferring I regretted it b/c I thought she would turn against me...luckily that hasn't been the case

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:21 pm

Both of my LOR professors actually seemed pretty shocked that I would want to transfer anywhere else. I think they're cool with it, but I worry sometimes...... :| :)

kings84_wr

Silver

Post by kings84_wr » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:22 am

LOR's were kinda awkward for sure. I havnt got the dean cert in yet, I really need to get on that tomorrow.

transferhopeful12

New

Post by transferhopeful12 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:29 am

kings84_wr wrote:LOR's were kinda awkward for sure. I havnt got the dean cert in yet, I really need to get on that tomorrow.
you don't need one

kings84_wr

Silver

Post by kings84_wr » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:39 am

transferhopeful12 wrote:
kings84_wr wrote:LOR's were kinda awkward for sure. I havnt got the dean cert in yet, I really need to get on that tomorrow.
you don't need one
Dont you need some type of form filled out by the staff though? Maybe its not a dean cert but I kinda remember there being some type of form, maybe im mixing it up with another school

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

transferhopeful12

New

Post by transferhopeful12 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:45 am

kings84_wr wrote:
transferhopeful12 wrote:
you don't need one
Dont you need some type of form filled out by the staff though? Maybe its not a dean cert but I kinda remember there being some type of form, maybe im mixing it up with another school
Yeah, you need a transfer cert. form but it doesn't have to be from the Dean. Scared me for a minute there.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:58 am

This is an interesting thread... good luck to the people posting here!

Before you ask, I didn't.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:08 am

OperaSoprano wrote:This is an interesting thread... good luck to the people posting here!

You know you want to...... :wink:

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:22 am

A'nold wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:This is an interesting thread... good luck to the people posting here!

I admit that I'm curious as to whether I am T14 material, but my life is here in New York. I couldn't leave.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:00 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
A'nold wrote:

I admit that I'm curious as to whether I am T14 material, but my life is here in New York. I couldn't leave.

Just give in to the temptation Opera....... 8)

Zeph

Bronze

Post by Zeph » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:31 pm

For those of you who sent your LoR through LSAC, did Gtown receive it the same day as LSAC through electronic transmittal?

DeweyWins

New

Post by DeweyWins » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:40 pm

Zeph wrote:For those of you who sent your LoR through LSAC, did Gtown receive it the same day as LSAC through electronic transmittal?
Yes, they received it the same day for me.

Apparently the only thing they don't have is my Transfer Certification form, even though my school sent it 2 weeks ago. I'm not listed as "complete" yet. I'm guessing they're still behind on processing things, but I might call them later this week to see what's going on.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:56 pm

Another LSAC question: I sent my transcript last week and I applied to GULC over the weekend.....if GULC pulls my report before my transcript is processed by LSAC, will GULC not get it and will I have to buy a new report?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

megaTTTron

Silver

Post by megaTTTron » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:01 pm

I almost had a heart attack when I saw your name on here. It's alright, the sky is not falling. Phew.

GooseGTI

New

Post by GooseGTI » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:04 pm

talked w/ admissions office today because my school sent in transcript and transfer certification form about 2 weeks ago and I still hadn't gone "complete". As you've guessed they are way behind becase of the snow, but said they should be caught up by end of this week/beg. of next.

bkthunder

Bronze

Post by bkthunder » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:36 pm

GooseGTI wrote:talked w/ admissions office today because my school sent in transcript and transfer certification form about 2 weeks ago and I still hadn't gone "complete". As you've guessed they are way behind becase of the snow, but said they should be caught up by end of this week/beg. of next.
Now they're saying there might not be updates til the start of next week? They must be way behind...I really hope we still hear in late April...

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:34 pm

bkthunder wrote:
GooseGTI wrote:talked w/ admissions office today because my school sent in transcript and transfer certification form about 2 weeks ago and I still hadn't gone "complete". As you've guessed they are way behind becase of the snow, but said they should be caught up by end of this week/beg. of next.
Now they're saying there might not be updates til the start of next week? They must be way behind...I really hope we still hear in late April...
I think I saw someone on transferapps say that they got their acceptance at the beginning of April last year or the year b/f. That'd be awesome.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”