Georgia 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
jonpyle345

New

Georgia 2013

Post by jonpyle345 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:28 pm

I deferred my admission from last year so I should be in. Will be back in the States in March so hopefully there is a package from UGA waiting for me. I will also be looking for housing in Athens once I return and might be looking for a roomate. I would want to find a place close to north campus possibly in the downtown area. Anyone else interested in rooming with another law student and looking to find a quiet place to live near the law school should message me.

Also somebody should create a facebook group.

Thomas Sutpen

New

Re: Georgia 2013

Post by Thomas Sutpen » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:59 am

jonpyle345 wrote:Also somebody should create a facebook group.
Why don't you tee us off? Be a leader.

T_Easy

New

Post by T_Easy » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:44 pm

Just got accepted today, submitted application on Jan. 5th. Look forward to meeting you all!

T_Easy

New

Post by T_Easy » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:55 am

Bump, I've heard UGA has given out a wave of acceptances the past few days.

NatSec

Bronze

Post by NatSec » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:50 am

i know we're supposed to hear scholly info by Feb. 15, but any guesses on if we'll hear before then???

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Thomas Sutpen

New

Post by Thomas Sutpen » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:07 am

NatSec wrote:i know we're supposed to hear scholly info by Feb. 15, but any guesses on if we'll hear before then???
I'd love to know that as well, especially if you, personally, get anything. Because we're numbers twins, though I got better grades cause I worked harder.
JK.

moviechicka

New

Post by moviechicka » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:26 pm

It's looks like I'll be going to Georgia in the fall. Does anyone have any tips on apartments in the area? I'm looking for something fairly cheap & with a few roommates.

forumnewb

New

Post by forumnewb » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:57 pm

I went to undergrad at UGA and have been accepted to law school there as well. Athens is an amazing city to go to school. If you're looking for great housing, which is all relatively inexpensive, you would be best served by looking for something downtown. The law school is located on North Campus and downtown is the closest you can be to all your classes (about a 5 min. walk). Also, you would be able to walk to nearly everything else that makes Athens such a great place to live.

missvik218

Silver

Post by missvik218 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:58 pm

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... =7&t=94657

Edit: This was meant for people asking admissions specific questions ... the rest of you who have decided on UGA please carry on, I may be joining this thread fairly soon.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

eandy

Gold

Post by eandy » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:22 pm

forumnewb wrote:I went to undergrad at UGA and have been accepted to law school there as well. Athens is an amazing city to go to school. If you're looking for great housing, which is all relatively inexpensive, you would be best served by looking for something downtown. The law school is located on North Campus and downtown is the closest you can be to all your classes (about a 5 min. walk). Also, you would be able to walk to nearly everything else that makes Athens such a great place to live.
I have pretty much decided that I definitely want to live downtown within walking distance of the law school. For two years, I have wanted to be able to walk to class. Now, I just have to find a bug-free place and some roommates : )

[unless a miracle happens and I get into W&M]

Jame5

New

Post by Jame5 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:50 pm

Likely going to UGA... Anyone from SoCal going? Anyone looking for roommates?

iShotFirst

Bronze

Post by iShotFirst » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:13 am

Last edited by iShotFirst on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eandy

Gold

Post by eandy » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:27 am

Somebody got a facebook group started...join so I don't feel lame as one of five people ;)
UGA Law Class of 2013 on Facebook!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Thomas Sutpen

New

Post by Thomas Sutpen » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:46 pm

Who's excited about living in Athens over the summer? I know I'm going to get all this undergraduate behavior out of my system there before August.

missvik218

Silver

Post by missvik218 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:29 pm

Thomas Sutpen wrote:Who's excited about living in Athens over the summer? I know I'm going to get all this undergraduate behavior out of my system there before August.
There is no word from admissions on when orientation starts in the fall is there? I'm planning on moving at the beginning of August.

jzwick

New

Post by jzwick » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:51 am

Hey everybody. I just decided that I am going to UGA in the fall. I will be looking for a 2 bedroom apartment near campus for between $400 and $500 a month. I would like to live with another law student so if anyone is interested feel free to e-mail me at joezwick@ufl.edu. Looking forward to meeting all of you in the fall.

missvik218

Silver

Post by missvik218 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:15 pm

jzwick wrote:Hey everybody. I just decided that I am going to UGA in the fall. I will be looking for a 2 bedroom apartment near campus for between $400 and $500 a month. I would like to live with another law student so if anyone is interested feel free to e-mail me at joezwick@ufl.edu. Looking forward to meeting all of you in the fall.
Talk to TheBigMediocre, he may have just what you're looking for!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

d-cannon

New

Post by d-cannon » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:41 pm

Hello fellow classmates,

I look forward to meeting everyone this fall. I would like to proactively reach out to anyone interested in any of these activities as a stress release a few times per week: lifting weights (haven't done it in a while), running a few miles, cycling (road and off), playing basketball, soccer, even rugby. I am 10 years out of UG (and being an athlete), but still youthfully minded and trying to get back in shape.

Also, I am married and have a daughter starting kindergarten and an almost three-year-old son. As my wife and I do not know anyone in GA, we would love to meet some couples and/or families that like to get together occassionally for a few drinks, but not neccessarily at a bar.

We will probably live in Watkinsville, which is only a few miles from campus. Any replies or PMs would be great. At any rate, I am sure to meet plenty of people with similar interests once I get down there.

TheBigMediocre

Silver

Post by TheBigMediocre » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:46 pm

d-cannon wrote:Hello fellow classmates,

I look forward to meeting everyone this fall. I would like to proactively reach out to anyone interested in any of these activities as a stress release a few times per week: lifting weights (haven't done it in a while), running a few miles, cycling (road and off), playing basketball, soccer, even rugby. I am 10 years out of UG (and being an athlete), but still youthfully minded and trying to get back in shape.

Also, I am married and have a daughter starting kindergarten and an almost three-year-old son. As my wife and I do not know anyone in GA, we would love to meet some couples and/or families that like to get together occassionally for a few drinks, but not neccessarily at a bar.

We will probably live in Watkinsville, which is only a few miles from campus. Any replies or PMs would be great. At any rate, I am sure to meet plenty of people with similar interests once I get down there.
I'm down for getting a lifting or running buddy. Also, call it juvenile of me but I plan on seeing if I can get together an intramural sports team or two of law students.

d-cannon

New

Post by d-cannon » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:58 pm

TheBigMediocre wrote:
Also, call it juvenile of me but I plan on seeing if I can get together an intramural sports team or two of law students.
That is great. The 18-year-old in me looks forward to actively participating in IM competitions, but the 'act your age' side of me (could also be my wife rolling her eyes :lol: ) does not think a father in his 30's should lead the charge.

I'll PM you soon.

bluedevil8845

New

Post by bluedevil8845 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:05 pm

I'm down for lifting about 3 times a week, and hopefully running every once in a while. I figure I'll be studying in the library all the time and not snacking so much, so I probably won't have to do much running to stay thin. I also won't be drinking as much, so that'll help too haha. As much as I love IM football, I have the feeling I might not be able to commit since the workload will be brutal and IM sports might not fit into my study schedule. Either way, I'd definitely like a workout partner or small group so that we can make sure we all stay in-shape and have lives outside of the library.

Also, I typically work out after all or most of my studying is done for the day, so it's not uncommon for me to go to the gym around 8:30. It's actually not so bad, because Ramsey (the rec center) can get really crowded during the peak hours of 4-7, and parking isn't free until 5 (i think).

PM me if you guys are interested or if you just want general info about Athens.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

eandy

Gold

Post by eandy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:18 am

Outing myself a little here, but if anyone else is interested in living at 909 Broad, I just signed a lease today for a 2BR/2BA. Rent would be 625+utilities for a 3 block walk to school/nightlife.
PM me : )

Note: I am putting this in both threads, because some people post in one but not the other.

dagobahdweller

New

Post by dagobahdweller » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:04 pm

missvik218 wrote:
Thomas Sutpen wrote:Who's excited about living in Athens over the summer? I know I'm going to get all this undergraduate behavior out of my system there before August.
There is no word from admissions on when orientation starts in the fall is there? I'm planning on moving at the beginning of August.

If they follow the trend of the past few years, it will be August 13-16, i.e., Fri., Sat., Sun., and Mon., prior to classes beginning. If you move in at the beginning of the month, you should certainly be able to make it.

Like you, however, I have heard no formal dates.

eandy

Gold

Post by eandy » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:16 pm

dagobahdweller wrote:
missvik218 wrote:

If they follow the trend of the past few years, it will be August 13-16, i.e., Fri., Sat., Sun., and Mon., prior to classes beginning. If you move in at the beginning of the month, you should certainly be able to make it.

Like you, however, I have heard no formal dates.
They're on the Class of 2013 page. August 12, 13, and 16, 2010. The times are also on the calendar.

missvik218

Silver

Post by missvik218 » Mon May 03, 2010 3:53 pm

eandy wrote: They're on the Class of 2013 page. August 12, 13, and 16, 2010. The times are also on the calendar.
Horay!! Saw that they finally put that up too!
Last edited by missvik218 on Tue May 11, 2010 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”