Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013) Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
acdisagod

Bronze

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Post by acdisagod » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:40 am

My problem is I cant complete the form before my appoitnment so I just wanted to print parts 3 and 4.

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:42 am

acdisagod wrote:My problem is I cant complete the form before my appoitnment so I just wanted to print parts 3 and 4.
Not possible.
The Health History Form is available online only.
http://www.gannett.cornell.edu/cms/acce ... JUMP_51483

Just do the appointment, ask them to take notes, and then return later with the form for them to fill out.
Not really sure why you can't fill out the form before the appointment.

acdisagod

Bronze

Post by acdisagod » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:43 am

I dont have my immunization info on me. I shouldve looked this up last night.

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:46 am

No worries. Like I said, I would just do the physical ask them to take down the information and bring them the form later.

acdisagod

Bronze

Post by acdisagod » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:47 am

thx

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

turkishangora

Bronze

Post by turkishangora » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:01 pm

acdisagod wrote:Hey I'm confused, how can I print the form for the physichal without completing the prior steps. I went to the checklist like it said but there were no print icons. If I print it out from the application page itself, the form is too small to read...

https://newstudents.cornell.edu/grad/forms/

Crap I ahve to leave in an hour and my form is tiny

Just hit submit even with the vaccinations/other unknowns blank. The file will include everything (vaccinations, physical, etc.) that you can then fill out. I ddi'tn have my vac records until I got to my doctor's office; the nurse just filled out the vac info by hand and handed the entire thing to me.

legallybrunette16

Bronze

Post by legallybrunette16 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:23 pm

is anyone else a little annoyed at how long it is taking to get ANY sort of legitimate/relevant information about the beginning of the year!?! I'm living in Hughes and so I need to know my move-in date... which I thought was the 20th. But, now that we know there is a week long AOP, my move-in date has surely changed. But, they won't tell me to what day!!! Ahhh :?

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:48 pm

legallybrunette16 wrote:is anyone else a little annoyed at how long it is taking to get ANY sort of legitimate/relevant information about the beginning of the year!?! I'm living in Hughes and so I need to know my move-in date... which I thought was the 20th. But, now that we know there is a week long AOP, my move-in date has surely changed. But, they won't tell me to what day!!! Ahhh :?
I called graduate housing the other day and they said the move-in date is the 21st for Hughes (and yes this is different from the normal movein date for undergrads). Normally if you have an academic reason to be in town earlier, then they will put you up someplace else for the time before hand. Call housing and ask them.

vexion

Bronze

Post by vexion » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:59 pm

To whom it may concern, I got mixed messages from Gannett about the requirements. The Cornell New Students page, and the Health History Form, seem to imply that all incoming students need a physical. But someone I spoke to in Requirements on the phone told me that a physical is only necessary for varsity athletes.

Anyway, my current situation makes it a hassle to schedule an appointment, so I blew off my last one, submitted the form online with only pages 1, 2 and 5 filled out, and I'm just gonna see if Gannett gets mad...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:01 pm

vexion wrote: I'm just gonna see if Gannett gets mad...
I preferred it the first way before the edit. :)

turkishangora

Bronze

Post by turkishangora » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:57 pm

legallybrunette16 wrote:is anyone else a little annoyed at how long it is taking to get ANY sort of legitimate/relevant information about the beginning of the year!?! I'm living in Hughes and so I need to know my move-in date... which I thought was the 20th. But, now that we know there is a week long AOP, my move-in date has surely changed. But, they won't tell me to what day!!! Ahhh :?

I know what you mean :?

did you hear about AOP this year already? email or mail?

vexion

Bronze

Post by vexion » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:46 pm

CyLaw wrote:
vexion wrote: I'm just gonna see if Gannett gets mad...
I preferred it the first way before the edit. :)
Haha. I realized "throw me under the bus" usually means someone selling a colleague out to save themselves. It was the wrong idiom to use!

vexion

Bronze

Post by vexion » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:28 pm

Gaaaaah! :x

Received an email that said, "A letter with your NetID and activation code has been sent to you by postal mail. Please allow four weeks for delivery to international addresses and two weeks for domestic addresses. We send the letter to your admissions address."

Haven't received the fabled text message. Is there a reason they couldn't email it to me? I'm anxious enough about it, don't make me wait!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

calicocat

Silver

Post by calicocat » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:02 pm

vexion wrote:Gaaaaah! :x

Received an email that said, "A letter with your NetID and activation code has been sent to you by postal mail. Please allow four weeks for delivery to international addresses and two weeks for domestic addresses. We send the letter to your admissions address."

Haven't received the fabled text message. Is there a reason they couldn't email it to me? I'm anxious enough about it, don't make me wait!!
It's killing me too

holybartender

Bronze

Post by holybartender » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:09 pm

Two weeks for domestic mail? Ithaca isn't that remote.

calicocat

Silver

Post by calicocat » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:13 pm

holybartender wrote:Two weeks for domestic mail? Ithaca isn't that remote.
<------- four

holybartender

Bronze

Post by holybartender » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:51 pm

I'm way too lazy to make a Canada joke but one would fit in here. That does suck, though.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:26 pm

Isn't Canada closer to Cornell than California?

vexion

Bronze

Post by vexion » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:29 pm

I'm stuck on an oil rig for two weeks. If I had it emailed or texted, I could be dicking around on the super secret parts of the website right now. I don't even remember if my mailing address on file with admissions is correct. I think it's still my brother's condo in Kentucky. :?

AdamatUCF

Bronze

Post by AdamatUCF » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:55 pm

I didn't get a text either! I didn't even know that was a possibility.

holybartender

Bronze

Post by holybartender » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:49 pm

vexion wrote:
I'm stuck on an oil rig for two weeks. If I had it emailed or texted, I could be dicking around on the super secret parts of the website right now. I don't even remember if my mailing address on file with admissions is correct. I think it's still my brother's condo in Kentucky. :?
How has the BP spill affected your work? At all?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

vexion

Bronze

Post by vexion » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:17 pm

holybartender wrote:How has the BP spill affected your work? At all?
I have seen it, and gotten some pictures. I had to sit through a number of extended (and boring) safety meetings. But not me, personally. I don't work for BP. But if the moratorium on deepwater drilling proceeds, I know a few people who stand to lose their livelihoods. It's been a touchy issue out here. :?

night06

New

Post by night06 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:06 am

So I've pretty clearly missed the deadline for the health forms. Does anyone know what exactly the "penalties" are? I've only been able to find it vaguely mentioned on Cornell's website.

spaacecdt

New

Post by spaacecdt » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:16 am

night06 wrote:So I've pretty clearly missed the deadline for the health forms. Does anyone know what exactly the "penalties" are? I've only been able to find it vaguely mentioned on Cornell's website.
The postmark deadline is June 14. But the penalties don't kick in until August 13. I called Gannett to ask them about their deadline and what it meant. I was told that Gannett needs to process and clear your medical info by August 13. If you have not been cleared by August 13 they will charge you $100. The woman I spoke with said they postmark deadline it on June 14 because they have to go through thousands of these (Grad, Undergrad, Law, Med, PostDoc, etc.) and clear everyone and it may take weeks.

Questions of my own: When did you guys hear about the NetID stuff? I haven't heard a word. I'm a little worried. Also, did someone get their official invite to AOP?

calicocat

Silver

Post by calicocat » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:30 am

Who gets invited to AOP?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”