Michigan Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)

Is the Michigan 2013 class:

The best ever?
15%
The bestest ever?
31%
The best there has ever been?
54%

Total votes: 13

DRPSET

New

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Post by DRPSET » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:40 pm

tamlyric wrote:
DRPSET wrote:In section O. I'm also in the O block for the LC. Thats seems like a good omen. OO
Don't suppose you're from Boston? Because then it would most certainly be a good omen. :wink:
I pretty much dislike everything associated with Boston sports so I'll have to associate the double o with something else.

Diskette15

New

Post by Diskette15 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:49 pm

Also Section G here. I will be well caffeinated with all these 8:00 classes!

doinmybest

Bronze

Post by doinmybest » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:04 pm

Diskette15 wrote:Also Section G here. I will be well caffeinated with all these 8:00 classes!
Yeah all of us in EFGH got the 8 AM shaft.... and I can't decide if Primus and White in the same semester is a good thing or a bad thing.

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:05 pm

loveistheway wrote:Section G here. Looking forward to it, though not the 6:30 wakeup, only to walk uphill--both ways--in the freezing cold. On second thought, maybe my grandfather will respect me more!
I have to get up at 6. :( I have to be on the bus at 6:57 to make it there and I have to walk the dog, etc.

thisamericanlife

New

Post by thisamericanlife » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:43 am

doinmybest wrote:
Diskette15 wrote:Also Section G here. I will be well caffeinated with all these 8:00 classes!
Yeah all of us in EFGH got the 8 AM shaft.... and I can't decide if Primus and White in the same semester is a good thing or a bad thing.
Students with whom I have spoken yesterday had wide variance whether having the big names is good or bad. Some didn't think the big names reputation equals good teaching. Some thought big names taught the best. I didn't ask about specific teachers because i don't seem to have any big names, rather more of the advantages and disadvantages of having the big names at all.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

goodolgil

Silver

Post by goodolgil » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:11 am

Weird question: I'm sending in the direct deposit form, but I have an issue. I'm a former WaMu customer who got switched over to Chase when they went under. The only checks I have are WaMu checks. On the form, I was going to list my Chase current act# and routing #, but I'm wondering if it will cause confusion if the old WaMu numbers on the voided check are different?

Probably a dumb thing to worry about, but I don't want to delay disbursement.

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:19 am

goodolgil wrote:Weird question: I'm sending in the direct deposit form, but I have an issue. I'm a former WaMu customer who got switched over to Chase when they went under. The only checks I have are WaMu checks. On the form, I was going to list my Chase current act# and routing #, but I'm wondering if it will cause confusion if the old WaMu numbers on the voided check are different?

I'd call the payroll office and ask them.

thisamericanlife

New

Post by thisamericanlife » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:27 am

goodolgil wrote:Weird question: I'm sending in the direct deposit form, but I have an issue. I'm a former WaMu customer who got switched over to Chase when they went under. The only checks I have are WaMu checks. On the form, I was going to list my Chase current act# and routing #, but I'm wondering if it will cause confusion if the old WaMu numbers on the voided check are different?

why are you sending in the direct deposit form? If the reason is for fin aid you do it all on Wolverine Access with the account number and routing number.

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:31 am

thisamericanlife wrote:

why are you sending in the direct deposit form? If the reason is for fin aid you do it all on Wolverine Access with the account number and routing number.
It wouldn't let me do that until I sent the form in. The instructions say this somewhere too. Once you send it in once, you can update on Wolverine.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

goodolgil

Silver

Post by goodolgil » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:34 am

Payroll told me I could do it online also.

PKSebben

Silver

Post by PKSebben » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:38 am

You can add directly on Wolverine Access

thisamericanlife

New

Post by thisamericanlife » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:39 am

blowhard wrote:
thisamericanlife wrote:

It wouldn't let me do that until I sent the form in. The instructions say this somewhere too. Once you send it in once, you can update on Wolverine.
I'm not familiar with this form. The school told me to do it online after my first disbursement went to an old address and took a week for me to get the check.

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:40 am

thisamericanlife wrote:
blowhard wrote:
thisamericanlife wrote:

I'm not familiar with this form. The school told me to do it online after my first disbursement went to an old address and took a week for me to get the check.
Yeah I don't know...maybe I was too early. Before I sent the form it was grayed out when I went in to change it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

thalassocrat

Bronze

Post by thalassocrat » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:46 am

blowhard wrote:Yeah I don't know...maybe I was too early. Before I sent the form it was grayed out when I went in to change it.
When did you try? I did mine online back in April.

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:51 am

thalassocrat wrote:
blowhard wrote:Yeah I don't know...maybe I was too early. Before I sent the form it was grayed out when I went in to change it.
When did you try? I did mine online back in April.
June. It was grayed out and I read somewhere I had to send the form in. After they got it my info was filled in and now I can change it. Maybe the system was just down.

goodolgil

Silver

Post by goodolgil » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:52 am

Yeah, I had already filled out the online form, but for some reason thought I had to send in the hard copy form too. I think being a few weeks away from the start of it is causing me to overthink things :shock:

thalassocrat

Bronze

Post by thalassocrat » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:11 am

goodolgil wrote:Yeah, I had already filled out the online form, but for some reason thought I had to send in the hard copy form too. I think being a few weeks away from the start of it is causing me to overthink things :shock:
Could be. I just realized it's Friday, which means two weeks until I leave SC. :shock: Hard to believe it's finally here.

Has anyone considered renting textbooks or ever done so for other classes? I found fairly decent prices on Amazon for most of mine, but was thinking about renting for CivPro. Man, I knew mostly having to just buy cheap monographs for my history classes was going to spoil me on textbook prices. :lol:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:13 am

thalassocrat wrote:
goodolgil wrote:Yeah, I had already filled out the online form, but for some reason thought I had to send in the hard copy form too. I think being a few weeks away from the start of it is causing me to overthink things :shock:
Could be. I just realized it's Friday, which means two weeks until I leave SC. :shock: Hard to believe it's finally here.

Has anyone considered renting textbooks or ever done so for other classes? I found fairly decent prices on Amazon for most of mine, but was thinking about renting for CivPro. Man, I knew mostly having to just buy cheap monographs for my history classes was going to spoil me on textbook prices. :lol:
I'm not big on other peoples writing in my books. I bought all of mine used but in like new condition or with writing only in a chapter or two. Cost me about $350 total versus $600+ at the book stores used prices.

thalassocrat

Bronze

Post by thalassocrat » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:27 am

blowhard wrote:
thalassocrat wrote:

I'm not big on other peoples writing in my books. I bought all of mine used but in like new condition or with writing only in a chapter or two. Cost me about $350 total versus $600+ at the book stores used prices.
Yea, most of mine are new or like new. I think I've got one or two that will have a bit more highlighting/writing, but I'm not really concerned about that. I don't highlight much anyway, so it won't be too distracting. If it weren't for all the used Civ Pro textbooks and copies of the UCC costing around $150 each I'd be making out pretty well too.

PKSebben

Silver

Post by PKSebben » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:31 am

thalassocrat wrote:

I love the idea of renting textbooks. I never cared too much about other people's writing in my textbooks, especially for 1st year classes. For my later classes, I liked to keep the textbooks.

goodolgil

Silver

Post by goodolgil » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:44 am

One of my books is from 1993 and 100 bucks new. A bunch of people are selling it for like 5 bucks. I'm just gonna order it. All I have to lose is like 5 bucks if it's unusable.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:28 pm

Moved
Last edited by 03121202698008 on Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

New

Post by 18243 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:27 pm

I'm relatively new to TLS, but I figured I should report Section K since it's looking rather empty.

doinmybest

Bronze

Post by doinmybest » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:37 pm

18243 wrote:I'm relatively new to TLS, but I figured I should report Section K since it's looking rather empty.
Welcome 18243, and congratulations on an excellent law school choice.

byunbee

Bronze

Post by byunbee » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:45 pm

byunbee wrote:
doinmybest wrote:
byunbee wrote:Also, this may have been asked already on this forum, but does anyone know when our loans are dispersed? I think our first tuition payment is due August 31 :( .
Are you sure? I'm pretty sure it's the 1st lawyers club payment thats due on the 31st. Maybe both are due on the 31st?
Then it may be both. I just received a postcard, for lack of a better word, in the mail from the university informing that tuition for the fall 2010 term is due on August 31. Maybe that's just for undergrads? I don't know. I will call the law school tomorrow and post back.

Just called the financial aid office. Loans will be disbursed before classes start. Even if the loans are disbursed after August 31, there will be no late charge.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”