Case Western Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
Scheveningen

New

Re: Case Western Class of 2013

Post by Scheveningen » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:39 am

angioletto wrote:For those who haven't noticed, the tuition info on the website has been updated for the 2010-2011 school year.
Thanks for the notification. It looks like the cost of attendance for 2010-2011 will be a little over $60,000. Does anyone know how much of an increase, if any, this is from last year?

angioletto

Bronze

Post by angioletto » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:43 am

It look like tuition went up by ~4% and living expenses stayed the same.

realworldescapee

New

Post by realworldescapee » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:45 pm

Last edited by realworldescapee on Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

texlawtex

New

Post by texlawtex » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:58 am

Still ~38k?

I visited. No one told me to visit winking lizzard, so I will pass that along.

realworldescapee

New

Post by realworldescapee » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:13 pm

Last edited by realworldescapee on Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

texlawtex

New

Post by texlawtex » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:41 pm

Winking lizzard: It was a cool little bar over in Coventry. They had beers from all over the world. Though for food I trekked over to little Italy. Cleveland was kind of what I expected but I really liked the area around case.

angioletto

Bronze

Post by angioletto » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:05 am

texlawtex wrote:Winking lizzard: It was a cool little bar over in Coventry. They had beers from all over the world. Though for food I trekked over to little Italy. Cleveland was kind of what I expected but I really liked the area around case.
Winking Lizard is actually a chain around here. I assumed they had them nationwide. Good food and lots of fun beer choices!

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:32 am

angioletto wrote:
texlawtex wrote:Winking lizzard: It was a cool little bar over in Coventry. They had beers from all over the world. Though for food I trekked over to little Italy. Cleveland was kind of what I expected but I really liked the area around case.
Winking Lizard is actually a chain around here. I assumed they had them nationwide. Good food and lots of fun beer choices!
They are not nationwide. They just build one in Columbus, so they are not even statewide yet haha. they have a few around Cleveland thought

kk88

New

Post by kk88 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:47 pm

If you are looking for a place to eat in Cleveland go out to Melt in Lakewood. Amazing grilled cheese and the best beer selection I've seen in the area. It gets pretty crowded on weekends but by the time school starts the new one closer to Case will be open (Cleveland Heights, where many of us will be living).

Coventry is the main street in Cleveland Heights popular with students. It has a Winking Lizard, a couple of other chains, some local places (including Tommy's which has a lot of vegan options for anyone interested), and Phoenix coffee.

Oh and bring quarters- much of the parking in and around the city is metered!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

creamedcats

Bronze

Post by creamedcats » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:14 am

I have a generous offer from Case and I'm from Cleveland originally. I'm still on the fence, though.

What sold it for you all? Are there any courses/profs in particular you're really looking forward to or have heard especially good things about?

scionb4

Silver

Post by scionb4 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:42 pm

I made my decision - I'm accepting my acceptance. I accidentally started another thread without knowing there was on already going. Sorry!!!!! I'll see if I can erase it.

charlesjd

Bronze

Post by charlesjd » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:47 pm

As now I am going to put my deposit down here on the 15th. So happy with my acceptance today!

scionb4

Silver

Post by scionb4 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:24 pm

charlesjd wrote:As now I am going to put my deposit down here on the 15th. So happy with my acceptance today!
See you there, dude!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

texlawtex

New

Post by texlawtex » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:37 am

Anyone have any housing advice? I'd love to hear it.

angioletto

Bronze

Post by angioletto » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:58 pm

creamedcats wrote:I have a generous offer from Case and I'm from Cleveland originally. I'm still on the fence, though.

What sold it for you all? Are there any courses/profs in particular you're really looking forward to or have heard especially good things about?
My final choice was based more on location (had to be in NE Ohio) and a cost-benefit analysis based on the quality of the school and the weight of my scholarships.

That aside Case is by far my favorite of the 3 schools I visited. I like the feel of the building and the whole campus. I love the library. I have had great interactions with the administrative staff/financial aid. The profs I met at the preview weekend seemed to be genuinely interesting people whom I could have non-class related conversations with.

roguey

Bronze

Post by roguey » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:04 pm

Since December, I have been evaluating every aspect of every ABA accredited school and the cities where those schools are located. The deciding factors for me where the city (I really really like Cleveland), the scholarship, the immigration law program and professor (the president-elect of AILA), and the reputation. Honestly, I think Cleveland having an immigration court was also a big factor in my choice. It came down to Case v. Miami. While Miami has more to offer program-wise for immigration, it would be a lot more expensive, and my Spanish-speaking ability will be more valued in Cleveland :)

creamedcats

Bronze

Post by creamedcats » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:31 pm

I committed to Case today.

Who's the professor you're referring to?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

angioletto

Bronze

Post by angioletto » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:18 am

I screwed up and I hope I'm not screwed!

Did anyone else submit the scholarship acceptance letter online? I did in February and I got an e-mail today that the online submission is not sufficient and I need to send in a signed hard copy before April 15. Which happens to be tomorrow.

I have a signed copy sitting here waiting to mail out first thing tomorrow. Will they receive it in time? Should I call them? How could I have made such a stupid mistake? Maybe I should schlep the kids to the post office so I can overnight it...

creamedcats

Bronze

Post by creamedcats » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:40 am

angioletto wrote:I screwed up and I hope I'm not screwed!

Did anyone else submit the scholarship acceptance letter online? I did in February and I got an e-mail today that the online submission is not sufficient and I need to send in a signed hard copy before April 15. Which happens to be tomorrow.

I have a signed copy sitting here waiting to mail out first thing tomorrow. Will they receive it in time? Should I call them? How could I have made such a stupid mistake? Maybe I should schlep the kids to the post office so I can overnight it...
Relax, I'm sure you're fine. Call them in the morning to confirm. Postmark is usually sufficient, but double-check.

That's a little strange, since the award letter does not state that, and very clearly includes email as an option. The admitted students page, on the other hand, says you must send it by snail mail. I'm going to fax mine and confirm that's alright.

angioletto

Bronze

Post by angioletto » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:43 am

creamedcats wrote:
angioletto wrote:I screwed up and I hope I'm not screwed!

Relax, I'm sure you're fine. Call them in the morning to confirm. Postmark is usually sufficient, but double-check.

That's a little strange, since the award letter does not state that, and very clearly includes email as an option. The admitted students page, on the other hand, says you must send it by snail mail. I'm going to fax mine and confirm that's alright.
I guess it was my mistake to assume that since online submission was available that it was sufficient. I submitted everything online and now I am wondering if there was anything else that should have been mailed.

creamedcats

Bronze

Post by creamedcats » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:41 am

No. It's only the scholarship form that has to be mailed. I just spoke to them.

Also, the 'priority financial aid' handling for first choice deposit is nonsense.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:21 pm

Since the post office is actually further away than the law school, I'm just going to drop my scholarship form off personally. Hope that is acceptable.

mk03

New

Post by mk03 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:50 am

I just had a phone interview last friday (at 9 am) and my status on Case Western's online status checker still reads "awaiting phone interview". Any idea what the turn-around-time is?

angioletto

Bronze

Post by angioletto » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:38 pm

Financial aid stuff is up on the admitted students site.

sapp

Bronze

Post by sapp » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:47 pm

angioletto wrote:Financial aid stuff is up on the admitted students site.
Should've gotten an email as well. The email notified ^ and had some FAQ about FA.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”