SEO Corporate Law Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
newyorker88

Silver

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by newyorker88 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:58 pm

You don't fax your acceptances until after you've been invited for an interview. Before that you just update the partner firms section of the application.

groundkontrol

Bronze

Post by groundkontrol » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:25 pm

BlankC wrote:Peeps who haven't heard back, try faxing an acceptance letter from somewhere?

Can't hurt to make them pull your profile out and see it again.
I snail mailed in copies of my acceptance letters about 3 weeks ago. Nada.

newyorker88

Silver

Post by newyorker88 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:16 am

groundkontrol wrote:
BlankC wrote:Peeps who haven't heard back, try faxing an acceptance letter from somewhere?

You might want to follow their procedures and update your application. I applied, didn't hear back, updated my application with an acceptance and got an interview invite two days later. Good luck!

groundkontrol

Bronze

Post by groundkontrol » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:53 pm

newyorker88 wrote:
groundkontrol wrote:

You might want to follow their procedures and update your application. I applied, didn't hear back, updated my application with an acceptance and got an interview invite two days later. Good luck!
Yeah not only did I snail mail them my acceptances but I updated my profile on their site. They definitely have my info and acceptances. Thank you though.

sikwitt

New

Post by sikwitt » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:08 pm

anyone else having trouble sending acceptances? my fax machine said SEO's wasn't answering.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TheSharklord

Bronze

Post by TheSharklord » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:38 am

Make sure you hit "1" before the number. That's what I had to do for mine...

anmo

New

Post by anmo » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:37 pm

IN! Very excited right now, good luck to everyone! PM me for any specifics not found on my LSN profile: http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/anmo

sikwitt

New

Post by sikwitt » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:30 pm

anmo wrote:IN! Very excited right now, good luck to everyone! PM me for any specifics not found on my LSN profile: http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/anmo

thats awesome. congrats. how did they contact you?

ranovr32

Bronze

Post by ranovr32 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:18 pm

anmo wrote:IN! Very excited right now, good luck to everyone! PM me for any specifics not found on my LSN profile: http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/anmo
Congrats and Awesomeness, I guess I should just get on bored and send them my acceptance. It seems like they are going to take a lot of the first acceptances to good schools/solid interviews they get.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Nom Sawyer

Silver

Post by Nom Sawyer » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:32 pm

ranovr32 wrote:
Congrats and Awesomeness, I guess I should just get on bored and send them my acceptance. It seems like they are going to take a lot of the first acceptances to good schools/solid interviews they get.
I think we'll be ok going into April, as most people are still waiting on waitlists & merit/grant offers. I also remember some people talking about emails from SEO saying that they will wait for your decision about which school, i.e. time is not a factor.

However, I would think that waiting past April would be difficult as slots seem to fill up by that time. Last cycles, based on TLS and LSD showed most acceptances coming around mid/late April.

ranovr32

Bronze

Post by ranovr32 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:00 pm

Nom Sawyer wrote:
ranovr32 wrote:
I think we'll be ok going into April, as most people are still waiting on waitlists & merit/grant offers. I also remember some people talking about emails from SEO saying that they will wait for your decision about which school, i.e. time is not a factor.

However, I would think that waiting past April would be difficult as slots seem to fill up by that time. Last cycles, based on TLS and LSD showed most acceptances coming around mid/late April.
I decided today where I am going, the only ting I am waiting on is the Harvard hold. Seeing as how I havent got a JR1 yet and a bunch of other kids got in, I am accepting Chicago. I'll fax them teh stuff tomorrow so I can hear back. I am ready for this all to be over. Besies TLS was beginning to take over my life.....

azntwice

Bronze

Post by azntwice » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:35 am

It's not true that time doesn't matter - my friend didn't get into the program last year because SEO filled its program before she committed to a school. D:

Laina

Bronze

Post by Laina » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:39 am

azntwice wrote:It's not true that time doesn't matter - my friend didn't get into the program last year because SEO filled its program before she committed to a school. D:
Do you recall what time of year that was?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

azntwice

Bronze

Post by azntwice » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:05 pm

April-mid-April, perhaps?

ranovr32

Bronze

Post by ranovr32 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:07 pm

azntwice wrote:April-mid-April, perhaps?
Gzzzzzz that is pretyt late though, I wouldn't expect to get a job if I waited almost a month after everyone sent in their acceptances.

Nom Sawyer

Silver

Post by Nom Sawyer » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:47 pm

ranovr32 wrote:
azntwice wrote:April-mid-April, perhaps?
Gzzzzzz that is pretyt late though, I wouldn't expect to get a job if I waited almost a month after everyone sent in their acceptances.
Yeah, even if they do have the emails about not worrying about time, I still wouldn't wait too long into April. It seems like from 2008-2009 going into April they still have plenty of spots, but they fill most of the remainder during April.

ogman05

Bronze

Post by ogman05 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:47 pm

Anyone else hear back yet?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

RealTalk

New

Post by RealTalk » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:40 pm

hey guys i have a question

i've already interviewed with them and have been accepted to Columbia. i'm gonna go there unless I get accepted to HYS who i haven't heard from yet

can I just fax SEO my deposit form to Columbia w/o really sending my deposit to CLS yet?

I just don't wanna lose a chance at SEO waiting for HYS to respond?

any advice on this dilemma?

Rand M.

Silver

Post by Rand M. » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:49 pm

RealTalk wrote:hey guys i have a question

i've already interviewed with them and have been accepted to Columbia. i'm gonna go there unless I get accepted to HYS who i haven't heard from yet

can I just fax SEO my deposit form to Columbia w/o really sending my deposit to CLS yet?

Methinks that'd be unethical. But can you? I don't see what would stop you.

kinch

Bronze

Post by kinch » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:57 pm

I don't think this is a good idea...

RealTalk

New

Post by RealTalk » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:09 pm

kinch wrote:

yeah I didn't either which is why I wanted to hear from other people

I don't think my chances at HYS are any good but then again I don't wanna lose out on them by committing early to CLS

does anyone know if there is anyway you can commit to a school like Columbia w/o sending the deposit.....lets say for example you can't pay the $500 due to financial issues?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

coollegemex

Bronze

Post by coollegemex » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:15 pm

RealTalk wrote:
kinch wrote:

I don't think my chances at HYS are any good but then again I don't wanna lose out on them by committing early to CLS

does anyone know if there is anyway you can commit to a school like Columbia w/o sending the deposit.....lets say for example you can't pay the $500 due to financial issues?
If you are that anxious about "losing your spot" just deposit at CLS. I don't think they require you to withdraw from schools you haven't heard from yet. If you get into HYS then you lose 500 bucks

RealTalk

New

Post by RealTalk » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:18 pm

coollegemex wrote:
RealTalk wrote:
kinch wrote:

If you are that anxious about "losing your spot" just deposit at CLS. I don't think they require you to withdraw from schools you haven't heard from yet. If you get into HYS then you lose 500 bucks
I'm kinda in a tight bind financially so I can't stand to lose $500

is there any sort of fee waiver for the deposit like there is for the application fee?

Nom Sawyer

Silver

Post by Nom Sawyer » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:30 pm

kinch wrote:

Definitely not a good idea... you don't want to end up lying to both SEO and your law schools.

Best idea is to probably send a LOCI or something telling HYS your pending need for a decision in a few weeks and also notify SEO of your situation and see what they say.

azntwice

Bronze

Post by azntwice » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:33 pm

Agree with NomSawyer. Honesty seems to be the best policy in this situation. And truth be told your shot at SEO is the same regardless of whether you go to HYS or Columbia. Actually it's better if you go to Columbia. But you can let them know that you have a school and are simply waiting until April to hear definitely from HYS; the Columbia acceptance will still be a plus for your app.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”