SEO Corporate Law Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Is a deposit just considered a copy of the form where you certify that you'll be attending. My cycle is over and I'm ready to deposit.
+1 I have a question about this too. Or is it an actual confirmation you get back from the school once you send in your deposit?

facile princeps

Bronze

Post by facile princeps » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Is a deposit just considered a copy of the form where you certify that you'll be attending. My cycle is over and I'm ready to deposit.
+1 I have a question about this too. Or is it an actual confirmation you get back from the school once you send in your deposit?
I printed my status checker page to PDF (with chrome browser). My school's status checker had a box checked for seat deposit received. I emailed them the PDF. That was sufficient.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:08 pm

facile princeps wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I printed my status checker page to PDF (with chrome browser). My school's status checker had a box checked for seat deposit received. I emailed them the PDF. That was sufficient.
Thank you!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:16 pm

Bugging out because I requested an expedited decision and have heard absolutely nothing. Feeling pretty stressed right now. Has anyone actually received an expedited decision?

Or at this point should I assume they've ignored my request because people have gotten regular decisions?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:38 pm

anyone who hasn't gotten a t14 acceptance hear anything from these guys? I plan on attending a T20 unless i get off the wl at a few t14's...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NoChainz

Bronze

Post by NoChainz » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:50 pm

facile princeps wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
facile princeps wrote:Thanks y'all <3
How long ago did you notify them of your deposit?
Less than a week ago.

Is there a good reason for everyone posting anonymously? I understand the idea of not wanting to out yourself, but without discussing your market, and even more specifically, who you interviewed with and where you're going, what's the point? Especially if you're just asking a general question without providing any info on your part.

Then again, maybe y'all are paranoid about the SEO reps frequenting the boards (which they most certainly do). Oh well, I'm a tad bit crass at times (after all, the boards aren't exactly a professional arena), so I hope if anyone makes me, they'll be unwavering in their apparent support for my professional/academic merits. Maybe I should have remained anon, too, but too late for that now :| .
Thanks! And to be honest I am just paranoid after reading some of the drama in this thread from past years as I was preparing for my interview. In the event I get into SEO I wouldn't feel the need to hide in this thread.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:59 am

Anonymous User wrote:
hyakku wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:If I'm sitting on just 1 SEO interview and in at CCN, should I just deposit now? I have a Harvard interview next week, but I'm pretty sure depositing at Columbia still lets me keep open applications for which I don't have a decision. Is this unwise?
Do you recall who your 1 SEO interview was with? Depending on who it was you could potentially be one of the 1 interview people. TBH, the best thing to do would be to be honest with yourself introspectively about your interview, your background experience, etc. If you think you did well, have some type of experience that might make them want you a lot, etc. AND you can spare the money then I don't think it will hurt.
My interview was with Luisa Ewing, if that helps. Also, I only got $30k from the only CCN school I've heard about money from, so I doubt I'll have much bargaining leverage.
deposit at C, interview at H, and hope you get into H (which you have a great shot at). gl!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:07 pm

Just a heads up, I'm an alum from last year. Deposited March 15 and let SEO know the same day. Never got confirmation they received my deposit. Can't remember when my "2nd interview" was, and was informed of my acceptance around April 26. No worries for those of you who haven't heard. I know it's hard to do, but relax, be patient, and go play sports or go suit shopping in the meantime.

SEO is a great program and has been absolutely instrumental in securing a job for my 1L summer.

Best of luck!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just a heads up, I'm an alum from last year. Deposited March 15 and let SEO know the same day. Never got confirmation they received my deposit. Can't remember when my "2nd interview" was, and was informed of my acceptance around April 26. No worries for those of you who haven't heard. I know it's hard to do, but relax, be patient, and go play sports or go suit shopping in the meantime.

SEO is a great program and has been absolutely instrumental in securing a job for my 1L summer.

Best of luck!
Sadly, I don't want to buy a suit unless I know I've gotten in. :(

I've budgeted toward it just in case, though... if SEO does work out, I'll be excited and ready. If I don't, I'll use it to furnish my apartment. Either way, I need to know if I need to sublet my current apartment, ASAP.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:03 pm

To the guy who asked for an expedited decision: did you send them your deposit?

To the guy that asked whether they take people from T20, they probably do not.
Honestly, just pause and think about it. These are the V25 firms in DC, NY, etc. They only want the best. PERHAPS an exception may be made for, say, Fordham in the NYC market, but why would SEO go through the trouble of training and accepting someone from T20 if the firms are going to be unhappy with said candidate?

That said, I did see in earlier pages that some people outside the T14 got in, so your interviewing skills also must have something to do with it. And what I mentioned about re: schools that place strongly within a certain market.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:To the guy who asked for an expedited decision: did you send them your deposit?

To the guy that asked whether they take people from T20, they probably do not.
Honestly, just pause and think about it. These are the V25 firms in DC, NY, etc. They only want the best. PERHAPS an exception may be made for, say, Fordham in the NYC market, but why would SEO go through the trouble of training and accepting someone from T20 if the firms are going to be unhappy with said candidate?

That said, I did see in earlier pages that some people outside the T14 got in, so your interviewing skills also must have something to do with it. And what I mentioned about re: schools that place strongly within a certain market.
They have a video of someone from a T1 school who was in the class last year.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just a heads up, I'm an alum from last year. Deposited March 15 and let SEO know the same day. Never got confirmation they received my deposit. Can't remember when my "2nd interview" was, and was informed of my acceptance around April 26. No worries for those of you who haven't heard. I know it's hard to do, but relax, be patient, and go play sports or go suit shopping in the meantime.

Best of luck!

Thanks for this! Also, mind sharing what region you were in?

Mr. Elshal

Silver

Post by Mr. Elshal » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:34 pm

Rejected today. There goes that.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:38 pm

Mr. Elshal wrote:Rejected today. There goes that.
Not to be insensitive but is it through email? Also wow, that's incredible on their part looking at your numbers and acceptance. I'm so sorry.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:58 pm

at least it seems like they're not waiting until the end of may to send out all the rejections..

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:20 pm

Did you interview twice?

Mr. Elshal

Silver

Post by Mr. Elshal » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Not to be insensitive but is it through email? Also wow, that's incredible on their part looking at your numbers and acceptance. I'm so sorry.
It was via email. I had only interviewed once but I interviewed with one of the people in charge of the program, so I don't think I would have had a second interview anyway (although, who knows?). And thanks for the sympathy. It really stung for most of today, but I guess, in the end, this doesn't stop me from becoming successful, it just makes it a little harder.

Good luck to everyone though, and feel free to PM if you have questions

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:43 pm

Mr. Elshal wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
It was via email. I had only interviewed once but I interviewed with one of the people in charge of the program, so I don't think I would have had a second interview anyway (although, who knows?). And thanks for the sympathy. It really stung for most of today, but I guess, in the end, this doesn't stop me from becoming successful, it just makes it a little harder.

You are headed to HLS. You will do great things brother.

facile princeps

Bronze

Post by facile princeps » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Mr. Elshal wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

You are headed to HLS. You will do great things brother.
+1

Sorry to hear that, Mr. Elshal, but you're well on your way to being successful. You've already proven that you have the ability. Keep your head up. Good luck, bro.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:41 pm

Any more movement?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any more movement?

+1

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:07 pm

I wonder what the # 's are for the 1 interview camp vs. follow up camp

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:14 pm

How soon after sending in your seat deposit do you get an accept / deny from SEO?

Just wondering. I have a unique situation going on, where I accepted with another employer (public interest) but didn't find housing yet (intentional). Luckily, my PI employer and SEO market are in the same city. I probably won't do my housing search until I can get an answer from SEO.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:37 am

Does anyone know what non-T14 schools SEO has accepted students from in the past? I saw someone mention the possibility of Fordham earlier..

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:54 am

Anonymous User wrote:How soon after sending in your seat deposit do you get an accept / deny from SEO?

Just wondering. I have a unique situation going on, where I accepted with another employer (public interest) but didn't find housing yet (intentional). Luckily, my PI employer and SEO market are in the same city. I probably won't do my housing search until I can get an answer from SEO.
We don't know because only three people on this board have heard a final result so far, period, regardless of when the seat deposit was sent. They haven't been rolling decisions along based on deposit date; this week (and perhaps late last week) have been the first times anyone has heard back at all.

A deposit seems to be necessary for them to really start considering your application, though. We just can't vouch for a time frame after that.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”