Following up after expedited interview? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Following up after expedited interview?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:28 pm

I got an offer and told another firm I was talking to about the offer. They quickly arranged for me to fly across the country for an interview—that was late last week. The offer expires in a couple days.

I haven’t heard from the firm yet and I felt that the interview went quite well (I liked them a lot, everyone was super friendly, no awkward pauses or anything like that).

I haven’t heard from them yet. I sort of expected correspondence either way at this point given my limited time frame.

If I don’t hear by the morning if the day the offer expires do I call?

Sinatra

Bronze

Re: Following up after expedited interview?

Post by Sinatra » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:36 pm

nah dude, you let the offer expire and hope the other firm calls back to offer you at their convenience.

of course you call and let them know the offer is expiring. what's the downside at that point? clearly you will take what you already have if given no offer from new firm, so if you haven't heard back by the day before offer expires, call and let them know so they can give the recruiting partner/coordinator at least a workday notice that they need to make a decision.

good luck

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”