POLL: NY White Collar - which firm?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Which firm for NY White Collar

Akin Gump
4%
Debevoise
33%
Latham & Watkins
11%
Skadden
11%
Sullivan & Cromwell
41%

Total votes: 27

Anonymous User

POLL: NY White Collar - which firm?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:29 pm

I am a CCN student with offers from five different NY firms. I am mostly interested in White Collar work. Any votes/comments are very much appreciated in aiding in my decision. Is there a big difference in terms of quality of work/exit options amongst my selections, or should I feel complete liberty to go to the place where I feel the best fit? Thanks!

Wild Card

Re: POLL: NY White Collar - which firm?

Postby Wild Card » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:25 pm

SDNY drools over PW, DPW and Debevoise.

But for white collar, and generally, SullCrom seems to be your safest bet.

dixiecupdrinking

Postby dixiecupdrinking » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:34 pm

S&C, Debevoise are a bit ahead all things equal, the others are defensible if you have a reason to prefer them. You can't go too wrong. I am skeptical of claims that SDNY or anyone else really has an institutional preference for any of these firms over another. What will matter is if you work with the right partners, and any of these firms will have partners with great networks in the government.

I will say that if you're anything less than 100 percent sure about white collar, you should cross off Akin. It isn't nearly as strong across the board as the others.

OutCold

Postby OutCold » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:36 am

To echo the others, S&C and Debevoise have the strongest white collar groups of your options. That said, I would choose Debevoise for fit reasons, but that's up to you.

Return to “Legal Employment”