Requesting additional time to get my mind right before starting Associate position Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Requesting additional time to get my mind right before starting Associate position

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:42 am

Just finished the UBE in NY last Thursday. Am I asking too much if I delay my start date one week after pushing it from the day after the bar exam to this Monday? I just still feel out of it with meds and all (have severe ptsd, anxiety, and depression also ADHD). Just fearful they will withdraw the offer to start as an entry-level associate but I have to go in there properly. Thoughts?

Anonymous User

Re: Requesting additional time to get my mind right before starting Associate position

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:47 am

You already pushed it out once, correct?

BlueParrot

New

Re: Requesting additional time to get my mind right before starting Associate position

Post by BlueParrot » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:11 am

I would try to power through and not push your start date again- but I won't claim to know if this is possible for you (only you can know that). I understand that starting any new job can create a lot of anxiety, but at most jobs once you actually get into the office you'll realize the first few weeks are not too bad.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”