Has anyone worked as a product manager/real estate with a JD degree?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Has anyone worked as a product manager/real estate with a JD degree?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:17 pm

Has anyone worked as a product manager for a tech company or real estate developer with a JD degree? I guess that that person would have an MBA or other business experience in addition to a JD.

While working at several firms during summers (law firms, inhouse, courthouse, etc), I realized that I enjoy most when I organize complicated NEW issues (not a new law) in a presentable way (e.g. power point) for business people's eyes, make a sound recommendation and develop something new (product or service). This is probably due to the fact that I worked in business consulting prior to law school. I am not interested in drafting contracts or litigating, etc but much more interested in developing something new by complying with law.

Any anecdotes, incl how you or someone you know got the job, is greatly appreciated.

Return to “Legal Employment�