DLA Piper Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
th3cupholder

New

DLA Piper

Post by th3cupholder » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:20 pm

Can anyone tell me what the atmosphere like at DLA Piper? How do they treat associates ? Bonuses ? 'Making Partner.

Johann

Diamond

Re: DLA Piper

Post by Johann » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:18 am

got a couple friends there. seems like a pretty decent lifestyle biglaw firm all things considered.

Blackfish

New

Post by Blackfish » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:45 am

hear that people enjoy it

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:20 pm

Supposed to be a good, market-paying spot. To the extent biglaw can have a rep for not being a sweatshop, I think DLA has it from what I’ve heard.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:51 pm

I heard from friends that depending on the market, bonus is not market at 2000 hours. I also heard that lockstep raises only if you’re at 2000 hours (kind of life Mayer brown).

I have a few friends there and they said that they like it even though it isn’t “market” salary.

I know a partner there and he said that partnership chances probably aren’t great because DLA only has one tier of partnerships (it took him 15 years to make partner).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:53 pm

How prestigious are the NY and DC offices?

BrainsyK

Bronze

Post by BrainsyK » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:How prestigious are the NY and DC offices?
As unprestigious as biglaw gets, which is still pretty prestigious (for lawyers/law students). It belongs in the JD/BM/NRF/Dentons/DLA group of super-mega firms that are technically biglaw, market(ish) compensation, but not very selective. Take these over something unstable places like K&L Gates or (reputedly) ultra-bad culture places like Cad, but not much else.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”