I am in the top 15% (possibly top 10 but that rank isn't released) and was hoping you all could critique my bid list. I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing, but to make this basically I:
1) Started with all the firms that held interviews at the 50th percentile around 3.69 (my GPA), ranging from 3.6-3.75
2) Removed firms that weren't in locations I wanted / were IP only
3) Placed in order with the lowest bid-to-interview ratio placed highest, and those with a higher ratio placed lowest (so that I ranked higher the ones that are harder to get)
I have not yet narrowed it down to the max (35) so I have wiggle room for when I research the firms more and decide which ones I would like more, have better environments, and which actually hire from GW.
Please tell me what you think. These are almost all for DC, just a few NY. I am going to the career center as well to get feedback. I really have no idea what I'm doing so any advice is appreciated!
1. Miller & Chevalier, Chartered
2. Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
3. Foley & Lardner LLP
4. Fried Frank Harris Shriver & Jacobson LLP
5. Fox Rothschild LLP
6. Goodwin Procter LLP
7. Crowell & Moring LLP
8. Morrison & Foerster LLP
9. Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
10. Clifford Chance LLP
11. Baker Botts L.L.P.
12. Dechert LLP
13. Baker & McKenzie LLP
14. Vinson & Elkins LLP
15. Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft
16. Wiley Rein LLP
17. Cooley LLP
18. Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
19. Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
20. Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
21. Holland & Knight LLP
22. Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, L.L.P.*
23. Shearman & Sterling LLP
24. Paul Hastings LLP
25. White & Case LLP
26. Jones Day
27. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP
29. Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, L.L.P.
30. Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
31. Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
32. Chadbourne & Parke, LLP
33. Hogan Lovells US L.L.P.
34. Ropes & Gray, LLP
35. O'Melveny & Myers LLP
36. K&L Gates
37. Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
38. Winston & Strawn LLP
(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.
Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
The online users are hidden on this forum.