Easiest Southern market with no ties? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Easiest Southern market with no ties?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:17 am

Not from America, have scattered ties in various cities around the country and I plan on blanketing all of those markets with mass mails but there is really no place in the country I would call home and no where in particular I want to be. I want to go to the south, mostly for the weather (and I'm a sucker for southern charm), but I have nada ties. What are the cities I should be looking at that are more open to taking someone like me?

PMan99

Bronze

Re: Easiest Southern market with no ties?

Post by PMan99 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:29 am

LA is the least insular nice-weather market by a long mile.

badaboom61

Bronze

Post by badaboom61 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:22 am

DC is about a three hour drive from the South, and its far and away the least insular market anywhere nearby. Houston, followed by Dallas, is probably the next least insular, although there's a pretty big gap between DC and TX, and TX is hard to crack without ties. Everything else ranges from "insular" to "good ole boys club."

wwwcol

Bronze

Post by wwwcol » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:43 am

badaboom61 wrote:DC is about a three hour drive from the South, and its far and away the least insular market anywhere nearby. Houston, followed by Dallas, is probably the next least insular, although there's a pretty big gap between DC and TX, and TX is hard to crack without ties. Everything else ranges from "insular" to "good ole boys club."
This is a good answer. Really the honest answer is everywhere in the South is ties sensitive, and a narrative of good weather+ want Southern charm, without anything more, is a good recipe for striking out

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”