Lateral resume question

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Lateral resume question

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:40 am

MERP DERP UNIVERSITY (Lower-T14) SCHOOL OF LAW
Juris Doctor, cum laude, GPA: 3.xx/4.0
First year coursework completed at BEEP BOP UNIVERSITY (T2) SCHOOL OF LAW. Rank: Top 15%.
Highest grade in class: Legal Writing I & Legal Writing II.

Do you think this is an ok way to have my education section? I'm not thrilled about putting the top 15% out of a T2, but I want to highlight that I got the highest grade in both my legal writing sections 1L year. I can't do that without putting in my T2 school, right?

CanadianWolf

Re: Lateral resume question

Postby CanadianWolf » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:31 am

Whether or not you should include the legal writing section grade depends, in part, upon how recently you graduated law school. In my opinion, it might be fine to include it during your first two years after graduation from law school, but not later unless the specific position for which you are applying mentions writing skills/abilities.

Return to “Legal Employment”