Check out top-law-schools.com Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Summer Associate Class of 2015

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:12 pm

i wish you all would get it together. you're gonna be fine if youre at all normal and competent. biglaw just needs people to sit at a desk and type in titles rather than bates stamped numbers of this massive list of reports

BaberhamLincoln

Gold

Post by BaberhamLincoln » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:31 pm

been looking at engagement rings for 75 minutes. no offer?

beepboopbeep

Gold

Post by beepboopbeep » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:34 pm

BaberhamLincoln wrote:been looking at engagement rings for 75 minutes. no offer?
rookie mode

try literal days researching headphones/watches

grats tho

FloridaCoastalorbust

Silver

Post by FloridaCoastalorbust » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:46 pm

BaberhamLincoln wrote:been looking at engagement rings for 75 minutes. no offer?
TCR is brillianteers on ebay

DJ JD

Bronze

Post by DJ JD » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:50 pm

I watched the women's world cup. Offer.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:00 pm

beepboopbeep wrote:
rookie mode

grats tho
Lol she's not engaged

BaberhamLincoln

Gold

Post by BaberhamLincoln » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:12 pm

chuckbass wrote:
beepboopbeep wrote:
rookie mode

grats tho
Lol she's not engaged
No one asked you scoot!

(crying into my diet 7Up)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:i wish you all would get it together. you're gonna be fine if youre at all normal and competent. biglaw just needs people to sit at a desk and type in titles rather than bates stamped numbers of this massive list of reports
stop. everyone is on edge where i'm at, even the non-attorneys know something is up, and we're all at least minimally normal, chill, competent. it's this bullshit presumption that if you don't get an offer, you fucked up, that makes it so shameful to get cut. is that how it usually is? i wrote "sure" originally but now, i'm not so sure. suffice to say that unless you read a story on ATL about someone getting naked and streaking through the halls, or costing the firm millions, or cursing out a client, maybe shut the fuck up and consider that lawyers are not always the most astute businesspeople and people get no-offered for 'economic reasons' also.

El Pollito

Diamond

Post by El Pollito » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:i wish you all would get it together. you're gonna be fine if youre at all normal and competent. biglaw just needs people to sit at a desk and type in titles rather than bates stamped numbers of this massive list of reports
stop. everyone is on edge where i'm at, even the non-attorneys know something is up, and we're all at least minimally normal, chill, competent. it's this bullshit presumption that if you don't get an offer, you fucked up, that makes it so shameful to get cut. is that how it usually is? i wrote "sure" originally but now, i'm not so sure. suffice to say that unless you read a story on ATL about someone getting naked and streaking through the halls, or costing the firm millions, or cursing out a client, maybe shut the fuck up and consider that lawyers are not always the most astute businesspeople and people get no-offered for 'economic reasons' also.
then maybe you should out the firm so you can help others avoid it

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Johann

Diamond

Post by Johann » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:57 pm

this was me didnt mean to post anon

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:59 pm

JohannDeMann wrote:
this was me didnt mean to post anon
lol. claiming the douche post after it's been criticized. you have your moments, johann.

El Pollito

Diamond

Post by El Pollito » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:01 pm

tbf i think he was going for words of encouragement

Johann

Diamond

Post by Johann » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
well the point was you should act normal and confident and everything will be fine. worrying about getting an offer is not "normal" or "chill" like you say. so then you're no offer would be for a reason.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Johann

Diamond

Post by Johann » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:02 pm

El Pollito wrote:tbf i think he was going for words of encouragement
yeah

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:02 pm

El Pollito wrote:tbf i think he was going for words of encouragement
I love it.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:06 pm

I mean we're talking about a forum where people zap out for days over the color and font size of an online status checker. Not exactly an oasis of chill. As the past 69 pages of this thread have illustrated, people come here to indulge their neuroticism. I guess it's only healthy to break the kayfabe* from time to time but still.

*see what I did there smaug

I know you're reading this from some bathroom in queens mid-bar

Desert Fox

Diamond

DFTHREAD

Post by Desert Fox » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:08 pm

Last edited by Desert Fox on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BaberhamLincoln

Gold

Post by BaberhamLincoln » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:09 pm

the other two summers and i got at least one not positive review out of the 10-12 total project reviews (mine even came from my assoc mentor! on a pro bono case where i didnt have time to read this manual ahead of our meeting, and neither did the partner we were working with, granted hes way more important and busy than I - but i was busy at the time) but i think we are fine. i still think we will be offered (in the coming weeks)

sending good vibes to everyone else

El Pollito

Diamond

Post by El Pollito » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:11 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
El Pollito wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
then maybe you should out the firm so you can help others avoid it
(every litigation group ever in 2016)
pretty much, idk why people still sign up for lit

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:19 pm

If you're in the unlucky bunch that has to wait 2-3 weeks for an offer, should you indicate that on your cover letter to other firms for mass mailing? a la "I am awaiting a formal offer but have received positive reviews and fully expect an offer" I'd prefer not to wait to mass mail until September, and my firm moves at a glacial speed with offers

El Pollito

Diamond

Post by El Pollito » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If you're in the unlucky bunch that has to wait 2-3 weeks for an offer, should you indicate that on your cover letter to other firms for mass mailing? a la "I am awaiting a formal offer but have received positive reviews and fully expect an offer" I'd prefer not to wait to mass mail until September, and my firm moves at a glacial speed with offers
Seems odd to say that in the cover letter. Just explain if your interviewer asks.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:35 pm

Thanks. Yeah, just worried I wouldn't get to the interview stage because recruiters would assume I was no offered since I didn't address it.

Johann

Diamond

Post by Johann » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:56 pm

El Pollito wrote: pretty much, idk why people still sign up for lit
better lifestyle with way less firedrills. predictable work flow.

doctoroflaw91

Bronze

Post by doctoroflaw91 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Thanks. Yeah, just worried I wouldn't get to the interview stage because recruiters would assume I was no offered since I didn't address it.

Also at a firm that takes awhile for offers. I didn't include anything about offers in my cover letter. Most interviewers will ask why you're moving firms and if you've received an offer. That's your chance to explain the firm's offer policy. That's what I've done with no problem receiving callbacks.

El Pollito

Diamond

Post by El Pollito » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:00 pm

firms know that not all firms offer on the spot, no need to talk about it in the CL

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”