How to deal with knowing you may be unemployed after LS Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

How to deal with knowing you may be unemployed after LS

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:48 pm

Serious Question.

How do you deal with knowing that there may not be a job waiting for you after you finish school? That you can go to law school, get good grades, do everything you are supposed to and still end up not practicing law.

I had a panic attack the other day at the thought of wasting my time/money on an endeavor that may not yield anything. 1L.

I am thinking about going to therapy.

I want to be a lawyer, but I do not know if I can deal with the psychological stress of knowing this may all be for nothing.

Johann

Diamond

Re: How to deal with knowing you may be unemployed after LS

Post by Johann » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:59 pm

Was in your boat. Gotta go one step at a time. In the long run, you'll find something. In 2 years, this will all be water under the bridge and will probably have little effect on your happiness. Hit me up via pm if you want to chat. You should also go to your school psychologist while you get free access as a student.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”