Is it wise to keep looking for job?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Is it wise to keep looking for job?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:06 pm

Have a good 2L summer associate position lined up. But I am a little worried weather I can turn it into a permanent job offer. Is it wise to participate in job fair such as Loyola University Chicago School of law interview program as a 3L? Will my summer firm hesitate to give out offer if they know I am still looking for other firm jobs?

KM2016

Re: Is it wise to keep looking for job?

Postby KM2016 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:14 pm

Why do you think you'll have difficulty turning it into a permanent job offer? Does your firm historically no-offer much of their SA class? If it is a historically 100% offer or close to 100% offer firm, then I don't see why you think you'd have a better chance at Firm A compared to Firm B.

Seems like you are being a bit paranoid.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:21 pm

KM2016 wrote:Why do you think you'll have difficulty turning it into a permanent job offer? Does your firm historically no-offer much of their SA class? If it is a historically 100% offer or close to 100% offer firm, then I don't see why you think you'd have a better chance at Firm A compared to Firm B.

It is 100% in the past two summers, just in case something happened. I guess I am a little bit paranoid.

KM2016

Postby KM2016 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
KM2016 wrote:Why do you think you'll have difficulty turning it into a permanent job offer? Does your firm historically no-offer much of their SA class? If it is a historically 100% offer or close to 100% offer firm, then I don't see why you think you'd have a better chance at Firm A compared to Firm B.

It is 100% in the past two summers, just in case something happened. I guess I am a little bit paranoid.

Yes, you are being paranoid. Instead, be confident and mindful of your work and you shouldn't have any problems.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:47 am

Anonymous User wrote:

What good would finding another firm do? You aren't gonna beat 100%.

Return to “Legal Employment”