Offer before callback interview

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Offer before callback interview

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:09 pm

If you have an offer expiring about a week after an upcoming CB interview at your top choice, should you notify the interviewing firm a few days before the interview to give them a heads-up, or should you wait until immediately following the interview?

Also, if a firm inquires about what firm the competing offer is from, should you tell them? I assume there's no harm in doing so, right?

PvblivsScipio

Re: Offer before callback interview

Postby PvblivsScipio » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:28 pm

Is your CB at a firm you'd rather be at? If so, I'd tell them about the offer, at the interview, and tell them you have an offer but you kept the CB because you are VERY interested in the firm. Everybody wants to be desired, and some firms like that a lot more than others, but it won't hurt. When I was asked what firm, I generally told them.

Return to “Legal Employment”