Washington DC Bar Exam

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
sparty99

Washington DC Bar Exam

Postby sparty99 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:29 pm

I was going to take the FEB Bar exam, but missed the deadline for my state. I'm thinking about another location. Does anyone know why Washington DC Bar Exam have such a low passage rate?

jarofsoup

Re: Washington DC Bar Exam

Postby jarofsoup » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:13 pm

No one really takes the DC Bar exam......I live in DC and went to law school in DC and 0 people took it.

pattyw2008

Postby pattyw2008 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:42 am

The DC bar allow anyone that passed a bar in another state just to waive in. There really is no reason to take the DC bar

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:46 pm

It has a low pass rate because it's mostly foreign people that take it and people who graduated from lower level DC schools (not Georgetown, GW, American, or even Catholic). Everybody else takes another bar and waives in, since that gives you two bar admissions for ($1000+) the price of 1. I recommend taking Maryland since there are no CLE requirements.

Return to “Legal Employment”