Position no longer on firm website... position filled? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
inkincorporate

New

Position no longer on firm website... position filled?

Post by inkincorporate » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:12 am

Lateral biglaw position I had a callback for, told I would hear in a week or two about a week ago (interview was almost a month ago). The position was taken off the firm's website this morning. Does that mean the position is filled and its basically over, or have they just stopped accepting new applications?

Actus Reus

Bronze

Re: Position no longer on firm website... position filled?

Post by Actus Reus » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:45 am

Will my answer influence your decision making? Follow up via email if you're genuinely curious.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:46 am

Followed up for the first time a week ago, and was told 1-2 weeks. Don't want to be a pest in case I am still under consideration. And yes, whether people think I'm still under consideration might influence whether I follow up or not.

Kratos

Platinum

Post by Kratos » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:55 am

Dude, just follow up in a week or so then. I don't understand the issue maybe? You either have a rejection in the mail or in a week if you don't hear anything you will follow up and they will either say it's gone or they will offer you or they will say decision in X more weeks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:57 pm

Bump. Anything besides saying there is nothing I can do? I realize im powerless right now, just trying to read some tea leaves.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Bump. Anything besides saying there is nothing I can do? I realize im powerless right now, just trying to read some tea leaves.
Lol. Not sure what advice you're looking for? You already followed up and they said 1-2 weeks, it's been 1 week. So yes - if you follow-up before the time frame they gave you, you're being a pest. Just chill - you calling the firm multiple times isn't going to rush their decision or influence it in a positive way.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:10 pm

Basically, I'm asking if the fact that the position has been taken off the website likely means the position has been filled and I just haven't been informed yet.

Desert Fox

Diamond

DF Thread

Post by Desert Fox » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:27 pm

DF Thread

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”