Emailing firms you dont have screeners w/ Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Emailing firms you dont have screeners w/

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:38 am

I want to email the firms I did not get screeners with (we have a lottery/preselect system) to see if I could get one during oci squeezed in. does this require a cover letter (even when we didn't need one to bid) or can i just simply ask to be squeezed in bc I really wanted to interview? also would it need to be targeted (ie i love your firm because X, Y , and Z) or is that unnecessary?

Anonymous User

Re: Emailing firms you dont have screeners w/

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:13 pm

Bumping this. There was a firm that I was extremely interested in, but did not receive a screener. Acceptable to reach out and express continued interest?

Hipster but Athletic

Gold

Post by Hipster but Athletic » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:18 pm

Obviously it requires a cover letter. You were planning on just saying "here's my resume?"

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:29 pm

Also interested in how you would word this email. I have OCI in a few weeks and a few firms i thought I would get i didn't so would like to try to get on the list as well.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:07 pm

Original oP here. obviously i wasnt gonna just write here's my resume, but I think saying "oh and see my cover letter attached" is weird when they don't solicit it normally for bidding. I really just want to add a quick why firm X in 1-2 sentences..do I really need to attach a separate cover letter? This may be the case where cover letter body and not an attachment may be more appropriate...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Hipster but Athletic

Gold

Post by Hipster but Athletic » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:23 am

A cover letter is not a commodity. It's an email to a recruiter. Don't attach shit. Email her and tell her why you're applying and why she should give you an interview.

Pokemon

Gold

Post by Pokemon » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:Original oP here. obviously i wasnt gonna just write here's my resume, but I think saying "oh and see my cover letter attached" is weird when they don't solicit it normally for bidding. I really just want to add a quick why firm X in 1-2 sentences..do I really need to attach a separate cover letter? This may be the case where cover letter body and not an attachment may be more appropriate...
Yeah... cover letter is the body of the e-mail. No need to be mechanical and attach that thing.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”