how much can poor 1l summer job performance hurt Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

how much can poor 1l summer job performance hurt

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:31 pm

Im not gunning at my job but I'm spending a lot of time on tls and facebook.

I got enough substantive assignments to be able to talk about it in interviews, but I have not been performing well.

I am not asking for a reference or recommendation from this place but are there ways it can hurt my oci prospects?

OneMoreLawHopeful

Silver

Re: how much can poor 1l summer job performance hurt

Post by OneMoreLawHopeful » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:36 pm

I had OCI interviewers ask if they could contact my 1L summer employer - it would seem very awkward to say "no."

This didn't happen often, so you're likely going to be fine, but why take the risk when there's still time to turn things around?

Lord Randolph McDuff

Gold

Post by Lord Randolph McDuff » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Im not gunning at my job but I'm spending a lot of time on tls and facebook.

I got enough substantive assignments to be able to talk about it in interviews, but I have not been performing well.

I am not asking for a reference or recommendation from this place but are there ways it can hurt my oci prospects?
Haha. I like you.

By the way why are you doing this?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:42 pm

Me too. I've been a lazy piece of crap this summer at my internship. Probably bc I'm not getting paid and have no chance of getting hired here.

Hope it doesn't come back to get us.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:04 am

Anonymous User wrote:Me too. I've been a lazy piece of crap this summer at my internship. Probably bc I'm not getting paid and have no chance of getting hired here.

Hope it doesn't come back to get us.
To answer the other guys question... This is exactly why doe me too.
Also burnout and the fact that summer =/= summer since we have writing comp, mass mailing, etc. Focusing the little energy i have left on those instead

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”