2L Summer Help Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

2L Summer Help

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:13 pm

Top 25% at T50 + secondary journal. Didn't have much luck with OCI (not many get biglaw here) and it's starting to get pretty late to land a SA. I will graduate with ~50k debt and would like to work at a firm after graduation. Pretty open to practice areas but I have a business background.

The offers I have for this summer are working with a state appeals judge, USAO, or in-house at a Fortune 500. I think all of these would be great experiences but will almost certainly not lead to offers, though I know I'll at least get an interview to clerk with the state judge as long as I do well this summer. I don't know if I should really be trying to land a firm job still. I can probably find something at a firm with 10 or less attorneys but I don't know if that would be better than any of the offers I have on the table.

What should I do?

Anonymous User

Re: 2L Summer Help

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:31 pm

Sorry I can't be much help unfortunately, but I am curious how you received the fortune 500 in house offer? How/When did you apply?

As a fellow 2L I don't know how helpful this is, but several attorneys I have spoken with think interning for the USAO is one of the best experiences for a law student.

Anonymous User

Re: 2L Summer Help

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Sorry I can't be much help unfortunately, but I am curious how you received the fortune 500 in house offer? How/When did you apply?

As a fellow 2L I don't know how helpful this is, but several attorneys I have spoken with think interning for the USAO is one of the best experiences for a law student.
OP here.

The F500 is an externship. I'm very close with the faculty supervisor and they are the ones who pick the students. He/she will pick me if I want it. It's located in my hometown and I worked in one of its retail stores in high school.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”